Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
GRF Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
....no you did not read it wrong; Lethbian a resident of Lethbridge Alberta.

I can now say I live in LA (Lethbridge Alberta)

Moved in and unpacked yesterday, today is assemble and organize, one of many days to assemble and organize.

The main purpose of the move was to get smaller (Lethbridge has about 140,000 people, Calgary 1.5 MM). A lot closer to two of my kids.

Looking forward to getting connected into the fish and game association and a new church.

Hope y’all are doing well.

GRF

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GRF;
Good evening to you sir, I will dispense with my usual salutation as you've already clarified your overall condition in your post.

That said, I'm glad to read the move was a successful one for you.

As well, it's nice to be near to family for sure.

If you've never been there yet, on my personal bucket list is this place which is right in the city limits.

http://hammersonpeters.com/?p=470

Once when I was discussing the place with a chap from France, he said he'd stopped there and happened to be the only person at the site. He said he was usually not "That guy" but the battle site gave him such a negative feeling that he left and didn't plan on returning.

Interestingly he said he'd been to the sites of major battles in Europe and hadn't felt that way... make of that what you will and all that....

Anyway sir, I'm happy to hear you're settled and hope you can find both a good church and some decent hunting spots too.

All the best to you all in your new home.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
GRF Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Dwayne; if and when you make it out this way please give me a holler and I’ll buy you a beer or a coffee whatever you are inclined to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happy for you, but sad to see you go! We’ll still have to meet at Milo one day not too distant for a range day!

Congrats again! Hoping to follow suit and move smaller in the near future.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
OK where exactly is Lethbridge? I've flown in to Canada a couple of times, rented a car and drove up to Red Deer, then drove West toward Rocky Mountain house and South to Calgary or North to Jasper. That drive from Calgary to Jasper is one of the most beautiful pieces of mountainous real estate God ever put on this planet. And the place is full of what this Texan would call exotic game. Beautiful is the only way I can describe it.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/21/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I thought for a minute there you had a lisp.

An old cowboy was sitting at the coffee counter one morning when a beautiful girl walked in, sat down next to him, ordered coffee, and asked "Are you a cowboy?"

He replied " Well, I've wormed cattle, fixed tractors, built fence, trained dogs and horses, ..." and the list went on for awhile. , "so I guess I'm a cowboy".

She says, "I'm a Lesbian. I think about women all the time; first thing in the morning, last thing at night, in the shower, at work... , and the list went on.

He nodded and was back working on his coffee when a young man walked in, sat on the other side of the cowboy, ordered, then asked "Are you a cowboy?"

The old man thought a moment and replied, "Well, I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a Lesbian!"

Last edited by las; 02/21/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
GRF Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Jordan; that sounds like a wonderful plan, I'll give you a holler once the shooting season begins.

Filaman; so glad you enjoyed your trip to Alberta, the drive to Jasper is truly fantastic. Lethbridge is 2 1/2 hours SSE of Calgary.

Ias; that is an awesome joke! Thanks

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Congratulations! Hope everything goes smooth. Moving usually sucks but not when ya move to some awesome hunting grounds. Bill out. 🐾👣🇨🇦 Well come to Canucastan.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for the link Dwayne. That is some interesting reading for sure.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Texczech;
Good evening to you sir, I trust that this second last Friday night of February finds you well, warm and dry

Thanks for the reply and interest in Canadian history, as you may have guessed or possibly know, the history of the northern US states and Canada are very linked and up until 120 years ago or so, the medicine line was not really paid attention to all that much.

Many times US law enforcement would let either the BC Provincial Police or the NWMP know if someone had crossed up into their area that they needed to know about and the reverse was true too.

Speaking of the NWMP - North West Mounted Police who became the Royal North West Mounted Police and finally the Royal Canadian Mounted Police - had a Metis guide from Montana who is one of two civilians buried in their cemetery at Fort McLeod.

To say that Potts was "colorful" does him a great disservice and would be understatement of the highest degree. Here's quick bio on him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Potts

If that interests you, this is the very best book I've read on Potts' life by Roger Touchie

https://www.amazon.ca/Bear-Child-Times-Jerry-Potts/dp/1894384636

Anyway all that is to say that Bear Child - Jerry Potts was there at the Lethbridge fight and accounted for quite a few Cree who didn't make it back to Saskatchewan.

Thanks again for the interest and all the best to you as the days get longer and warmer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds good, check your six before you bend over. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The title reminds me of the old line about Nancy Regan. Her husband was a thespian, and she still slept with him.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/22/20.

1Minute
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Oops, never mind.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/22/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Opps! Never mind. I meant to say I flew into Calgary, not just Canada.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Thanks GRF. I did enjoy both times I went there. Great place, great people. It's a lot like Texas but much more beautiful

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by las
I thought for a minute there you had a lisp.

An old cowboy was sitting at the coffee counter one morning when a beautiful girl walked in, sat down next to him, ordered coffee, and asked "Are you a cowboy?"

He replied " Well, I've wormed cattle, fixed tractors, built fence, trained dogs and horses, ..." and the list went on for awhile. , "so I guess I'm a cowboy".

She says, "I'm a Lesbian. I think about women all the time; first thing in the morning, last thing at night, in the shower, at work... , and the list went on.

He nodded and was back working on his coffee when a young man walked in, sat on the other side of the cowboy, ordered, then asked "Are you a cowboy?"

The old man thought a moment and replied, "Well, I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a Lesbian!"

Now that there's funny I don't care where you're from.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by GRF
....no you did not read it wrong; Lethbian a resident of Lethbridge Alberta.

I can now say I live in LA (Lethbridge Alberta)

Moved in and unpacked yesterday, today is assemble and organize, one of many days to assemble and organize.

The main purpose of the move was to get smaller (Lethbridge has about 140,000 people, Calgary 1.5 MM). A lot closer to two of my kids.

Looking forward to getting connected into the fish and game association and a new church.

Hope y’all are doing well.

GRF

Lethbridge is a nice place. Very active F&G club, the range is incredible.
Lots of churches to choose from. There is a very strong Japanese connection there as well. During WW 2, there was an internment/POW camp there. They were well treated and at the end of
war, many elected to stay. Tons of history there.
I'm just outside Medicine Hat, get to Lethbridge fairly often.
It was on my list places to move to when I retired from the Canadian Forces but at the end of the day, we just stayed put in Redcliff.
Jeff

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I've mostly driven through there. Stayed overnight a couple times.

Lethbridge to me is a good feel place..

Last edited by las; 03/14/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was there yesterday to see Old Sawbones, roads were pretty bad ,too and from, it is a 250 mile round trip.
It seems like a big city to me, but there is lots of farm and ranch folk around. Good luck on your move.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
GRF, We'll see you on April 4th when the daughter is moved to her new place.

Last edited by AB2506; 03/14/20.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Driving through there few times and the women good lord, talk about pretty. something in the water that’s for sure..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,657
Posts18,455,635
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.