Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Paul, I know Keith, he would not start a thread just to be nasty.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Religion didn't create moral standards. The arrogant mis-guided religious believer thinks it did and thus commits all non-believers to being immoral. Religious wankers.

No one said “religion “ did so nor were non believers categorized as immoral.

Moral standards:
You reckon the Ten Commandments had and today has any part in moral standards?

Yours is an arrogant non believer position with many false assumptions. You and those of your ilk are so much better than the believers ?

What say ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Are you sure?

Originally Posted by the_shootist
Come on! Convince me you bunch God haters.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Lol.. I dont need to read a book or join a team to have values or ethics, its basic human nature. Specifically when the overwhelming evidence shows the over all Christian religion is riddled with horrible ethics and values.

Heres what I think. If I live a good, honest and productive life with only displaying 1/2 the hate and bigotry the average intolerant Christian does, God will give me a cut the line pass to heaven if there is such a place.

My Uncle In-Law was a pastor in the Methodist Church for 30+ years. The group his area used to manage their retirement accounts, mismanaged the funds and he was left hanging. Theres a man that served “god” for his entire career, and got bent over backwards. I guess him needing to keep working is all part of gods plan hahahaha...

Snake oil and fools gold. Theres always a catch with whatever someones selling.... and theres a lot of gullible buyers in this world.

Your first sentence, you couldn’t possibly be more wrong than that.

No?? Well use webster and look up two words in this order, and see how they play together.

Humane
Civilized

Its basic human nature..... its when mythology gets mixed with things that confrontation begins. Hence, my statements...

So... your sentence, you couldnt be more wrong sir.

You are wrong yet again. The values that you mentioned are taught/learned values that come from a set of moral standards.

You can fit and wordsmith any combination of words that you like but you are wrong and I think you know that and are just trying to save face of which you have none concerning this.

You’re wrong, pure and simple.

No... im not... and Im not going to waste my time trying to educate someone who believes in mythology either.

Do pack of animals need to read a book on how to function or does it come naturally? Do cats grooming on another need to be taught that or is it a natural relationship trait? Humane and civilized are natural human traits.. always have, always will be.

No go pick up other books and read them....

You have no idea of what my personal beliefs are except for that concerning that you continue to be wrong and surround your pitiful argument by being verbose and nothing more.

Hollow man.

Prove that I am wrong....

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Religion didn't create moral standards. The arrogant mis-guided religious believer thinks it did and thus commits all non-believers to being immoral. Religious wankers.

Moral standards:

Yours is an arrogant non believer position with many false assumptions. You and those of your ilk are so much better than the believers ?

What say ?

Classic christian lacking those values I mentioned but full of that god fueled rage.....

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Last edited by LoadClear; 02/20/20.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Moral standards:

What say ?

What does any of this have to do with moral standards?

5:6 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

5:13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:

5:14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes Sniper, Keith, and I have shared meals in Wabigoon, Ontario. What you see is what you get.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I believe he didn't mean too and his "Hell ain't half full yet" crack was meant to be funny but it has turned into a "Nasty" thread that is completely opposite and counter productive of Gods Glory.

With the example the non-believers here have had I can't blame them for not wanting anything to do with Christians as a whole. Don't get me wrong it's not everyone here as there are some mighty fine Christians on this site, you being one.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll need to think on that Paul, I do think we all mean well.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Are you sure?

I've seen you around here for too long to know that you're not stupid so don't tell me you didn't understand that as a smart ass comment.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Moral standards:

What say ?

Classic christian lacking those values I mentioned but full of that god fueled rage.....

Again, more assumptions on your part. You continue to dig your own hole. Rage? Because someone said you are wrong?

You have your own religion of sorts and I respect that. Just know that arrogance begats the same, mostly.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Moral standards:

What say ?

Again, more assumptions on your part. You continue to dig your own hole. Rage? Because someone said you are wrong?

You have your own religion of sorts and I respect that. Just know that arrogance begats the same, mostly.

No, rage based on your angered sentences... and again, your incorrect:

re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Moral standards:

What say ?

No, rage based on your angered sentences... and again, your incorrect:

re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Jeez, man. Get a grip.
You non believers are really quite emotional over that which you profess not to believe in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll need to think on that Paul, I do think we all mean well.

I believe that Wabbi but meaning well and doing well are sometimes a long way apart.

One of the reasons this bothers me so is I had a good friend that allowed himself to be pushed away from God by arrogant men, he died of cancer 22 years ago wanted absolutely nothing to do with God or religion to his dying breath.

He was a fine example of a man. Of all the people that have passed before me I still miss him the most as I know I will probably never see him again. I secretly hold out hope that he came to his senses before he passed but I have my doubts.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Serious thoughts Paul, we all have to walk that lonesome valley. Let us pray Jesus Lord will be there to take us by the hand.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Serious thoughts Paul, we all have to walk that lonesome valley. Let us pray Jesus Lord will be there to take us by the hand.

I believe he's always there to take our hand, sometimes we just won't let him.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Are you sure?

I've seen you around here for too long to know that you're not stupid so don't tell me you didn't understand that as a smart ass comment.

That's one of the challenging aspects of this medium, no facial expressions, no voice inflections....I don't recall Keith joining these threads in the past, so I wasn't sure how to take it, but it gave the appearance he was trying to strawman our position.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Believers use tactics of claiming immorality of non-believers and then deny later having made that claim, and that morality only exists today because of their religion. Seems morals pre-date many of the modern religions - means to help us all get along together nicely, in addition to those in-built natural morals. Many morals are man-made. The ten commandments are man made because god doesn't exist remember.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If you wanna lay claim to the good then you need to accept claim to the bad - prejudice and paedophilia seem to pop up with religious links quite often, amongst others

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
141 members (257 mag, 32_20fan, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,456 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,897
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.