Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If I paid $1500 for a gun and I could not get it to shoot MOA I would be pissed, but before I got pissed I would try a different scope and mount. If I paid $300 for a gun I would not have MOA expectations from its $50 barrel. As far as the review being removed, thanks for sharing that. I won’t buy anything from them, if it happened to you it happened to a bunch of others.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's too bad. I buy a lot from PSA. They've been a favorite for budget ar's. I've got an 18" rifle length 223 wilde kit I need to put on an action and get it too the range to see if it shoots.

I'll have to rethink my PSA purchasing. I don't want to deal with a company that treats customers like that. Their barrels are so cheap it couldn't have cost them much to take care of you. Who's a good budget AR builder. My 458 socom is on it's way back to radical firearms so we'll see how they treat me. I want a 300 BO pistol soon. Who to trust?

Bb

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Never really had a issue that wasn't easily fixed on my end. I did leave one about a ill fitting forearm and it was never posted but whatever

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Who to trust?
Not the bargain makers.
You're just schitting yourself if you think any of the bargain makers are going to be 100%. That's not how they make their money.

Last edited by Tyrone; 02/21/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most items anywhere have biased reviews.

I've seen items in Amazon that you know is a good item, but had horrible reviews. Probably from the competition with selling a similar item.

I don't trust reviews much anymore. It's like watching the news.... You have to be smart enough to figure out the truth on your own.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
We've had nothing but the utmost success with anything and everything from PSA.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
bought from them before on line and in the store. typical brick and morter. some on line prices aren't bad just don't be in a hurry for it. Slowwww shipping.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by gregintenn
You bought a bargain basement pistol from a company, and you are mad it doesn't shoot under an inch at 100 yards? .

You might want to read what he wrote again.

Taking your advice, I did reread the post. Although they have shown poor customer service, I think part of the last sentence of the original post, you get what you pay for, sums up the situation pretty well. I.’be had great luck with PSA, but went into each transaction knowing their customer service sucks.

Last edited by gregintenn; 02/21/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do pizzed off customers write honest or fair reviews??

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I always had good dealings with PSA.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Buy a KIA and expect Cadillac performance and service??????? Yep, that makes sense!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Who to trust?
Not the bargain makers.
You're just schitting yourself if you think any of the bargain makers are going to be 100%. That's not how they make their money.

That's it in a nutshell, PSA roulette...............maybe you get a very good one, maybe you get one that just barely acceptable & maybe you get a POS.

If you buy from a high quality, high end supplier with a solid reputation (& not just guns), likely you always get something good.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hate companies that do that. A few years ago I bought a tow behind tiller from DRPower. It ran great for a season and I gave it a good review. But then, before the warranty ran out, things started to happen. My review needed to be edited sharply downward but I couldn't get in to it. It's still there and still in error.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had the same happen with other sites. Two negative reviews I sent to Midway USA were never posted. The positive posts seem to go through with no problem.
Internet reviews are not very reliable.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I might have missed it in your response, but how did it shoot when you shot it after you got it back?

I sent a scope off once with a loose lense in it. The company sent it back said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and asked me to check it out. They had sent me a totally new scope and there was nothing wrong with it at all.

I have always had good service from Palmetto State Armory, but I always stop in one of their stores rather than doing on line shopping.

Hope you get your rifle squared away...

Harry
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
PSA had a bunch of reloading stuff dirt cheap 2 black fridays ago. I loaded up and tried all night to get my order to go through and it wouldn't.

I called the first they were open again and they said their website didn't work if you tried to order from a cell phone. I said it'd be nice if they put that on their site somewhere so I didn't stay up all night trying. I was pissed because most of what I wanted was gone now. I missed a bunch of rcbs competition seaters and other stuff i could have used.

I did order a bunch of odd ball stuff that was left. It took over a month to ship and was missing some items. I still got some various seating and expanding dies and such for the $1-$6 range so it was still worth it. Their black friday this last year wasn't that great.

They used to say low price, good service, or quality, pick two. These days most places are pick one.

Now where to get a nice 8.5" 300 BO pistol?

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had good luck with PSA AR's, but their customer service hasn't had good reviews forever.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Watched a robski reveiw on their new FN CL barrelled AKE last night.
So far 2k rds thru with out a hiccup.

However.......
Scoped at 25m zero test.
Shot tight.
Then 3 back to back mag dumps.
Then back to 25m to see if it drifts hot.
Barrel around 500° suppressor around 700°
Normal schitt if ya ask me....

Hot barrel a good inch left and about 1.5 inch up.

Not good when ya take into account how much that magnifies as distance increases.

Loose front trunnion or barrel pin
Could be metallurgy or heat treat issue also
JMO....

but he is also probably receiving some form of sponsorship from PSA in ways.

You could kinda tell in his voice. It was almost like he was trying to minimize what he was really wanting to say.
Not one mention of long range drift with that much of a zero shift versus 25m.

Made up my mind from that 25m drift I wont buy a PSA AKE.
They been hyping em up with FN barrels for 2 yrs.
Ok the barrel is probably fine
PSA,s front trunnion is what is stabilizing that barrel and their barrel pin and their rivets and receiver all adds in to tolerance stacking also
with drift like that.
Their is a weak link in that build and I'm pretty sure it aint the FN CL Mg steel barrel. JMO.

And they are supposed ta be coming out with their version of the AK103 in the next 60 or so days.
Which is a top notch AKM .

Wanna see those vids also ..

All in all.
A wasr 10 that is straight if you can inspect and pick the best one outta 3 or 4 when buying one is a way better rifle and dont drift like that PSA AKE did on that video.

That milled Arsenal SLR 100H type 3 AK 47 in my avatar dont drift for nothing after 3 mag dumps.

Buying schit online you are at the mercy of others.

Kinda sucks not being able ta get your hands and eyeballs on stuff before you buy, and then having to play games to get schit right after buying something basically blind from a online merchant and they play games with ya.

Last edited by renegade50; 02/21/20.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Alot of problems is tolerance issues at start of runs and the ends of runs during machining.

And some employees are just plain lazy fuggs and dont check tolerance specs during a run of whatever part .
Or change out tooling parts when they fall out of specs.
Or flat out pencil whip schit and lie about their job responsibilities.

Read some of the google stuff on Anderson.

Some of the most fugged up ill toleranced stacked schitt on the AR market.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,478
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.