Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here I am just about to fit a new green mountain 54 cal barrel and it is circling the northern hemisphere on a postal carousel. Was supposed to be here Wednesday but got redirected x3 .now presidents day will push it to tuesday.
Guess I will have to find something else to do.😤

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The UPS fairy showed up with 2 Cabelas Hawkens, a Traditional. 50, and a .54 Sporterized Rifle. Lucked out. Both are virtually new. And LEFT HAND. I should play the lottery. USPS has been funky lately. Not sure why.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hmmmmm! I would be looking you up but I'm right handed. I should have expected it when the regular guy went on vacation. We live so far out he will leave an oversized package in the tree by the mail box. His relief driver wouldn't leave a grocery flier outside the HOly Mail BOX.!
Now I have to drive 60 frickin miles to pick it up. That wouldn't be so bad but it means I gotta go to TOWN! Gasp.😤

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Hmmmmm! I would be looking you up but I'm right handed. I should have expected it when the regular guy went on vacation. We live so far out he will leave an oversized package in the tree by the mail box. His relief driver wouldn't leave a grocery flier outside the HOly Mail BOX.!
Now I have to drive 60 frickin miles to pick it up. That wouldn't be so bad but it means I gotta go to TOWN! Gasp.😤

UPS has feature where you can track the truck your shipment is on, so I was able to make sure I was there when they arrived. The last thing I wanted was 2 gun boxes sitting by my front door. They sure went to
everybody else house first! Paid 200 each for those rifles. The "dark bore", was nothing but plain old dust from sitting around.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Had a sig range finder that went to west coast back to supplier and then up north and back to supplier and then to me in NC. Took 2 1/2 weeks total. I was like really. DAMN.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Remember the old Kingston trio song about the guy lost beneath boston on the train?
Still trying to find this barrel. Maybe tomorrow.😤

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Remember the old Kingston trio song about the guy lost beneath boston on the train?

Dang! That's incredible! Still waiting on a USPS delivery that was supposed to happen 10 days ago...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well I called to post office again and they had no idea what their tracking number meant.😵
Wouldn't let the bubble head off the line until she looked . OH! There it is!, On the top shelf where it doesn't belong!, Her words.
Will drive the 60 mile trip tomorrow and pick it up. Rescheduling delivery wasn't an option.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well I called to post office again and they had no idea what their tracking number meant.😵
Wouldn't let the bubble head off the line until she looked . OH! There it is!, On the top shelf where it doesn't belong!, Her words.
Will drive the 60 mile trip tomorrow and pick it up. Rescheduling delivery wasn't an option.

Good Freaking Grief! Glad you found it!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
well I stepped on black ice yesterday and did a double half gainer with a triple twist, with a head plant, so wasn't up to the drive it the post office. got my brother-in-law to get it from the PO. at least it wont get returned to sender. maybe I can shoot it this week end? shocked

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I bought a barrel and it was shipped this week. I was supposed to get it today , when I run the tracking # it says delivery is delayed.. so is USPS holding up deliverys or is my delivery really late...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Deer, give a report on how it shoots. I may pick up another GM or two while they are available.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My mother sent my father a care package during WWII it went by way of Australia on the way from NY to FL in a short 6mon, cookies were stale.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by likeaduck
My mother sent my father a care package during WWII it went by way of Australia on the way from NY to FL in a short 6mon, cookies were stale.

But I bet appreciated

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Deer, give a report on how it shoots. I may pick up another GM or two while they are available.

Can't imagine it will be anything but good. Unless USPS used it for a Jack handle😬

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
well I stepped on black ice yesterday and did a double half gainer with a triple twist, with a head plant, so wasn't up to the drive it the post office. got my brother-in-law to get it from the PO. at least it wont get returned to sender. maybe I can shoot it this week end? shocked

I certainly hope so! Better be a good barrel!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

"Oh, he never returned, he never returned, his fate is still unknown."

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Well, did he ever return?
No he never returned and his fate is still unlearned (what a pity)
He may ride forever 'neath the streets of Boston
He's the man who never returned

I remember it well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh994JcEfkI 1959

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
USPS doesn't often screw up, but when they do, it's a doozy. I once ordered a bunch of books from Deep Creek Press, Mule Deer and wife's stuff. They shipped via book rate, and the Post Office lost the package for over a month. It arrived just after Eileen sent me a whole replacement order. She said keep the double set, very nice of her.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
wife picked up the barrel today. gonna make some smoke by sunday! if I can find my balls grin
wasn't there a line in that song about his wife passing him sandwiches at a station?
yep just saw the link and listened. those guys could sing.

Last edited by deerstalker; 02/21/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.