Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Are you able to get her some professional help?

She went to inpatient rehab about 2 years ago and did well for a while. She has relapsed. I am at a loss as to what to do. This is really tearing me up. She's a sweet, funny, bright, beautiful young woman.

Sounds like there’s hope and hope that she can grab hold. Ain’t no easy answers.

Prayers for you guys.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
She's 33 years old, married and lives in a different city. She suffers from depression. Most of the time she is good and would happily consent to having the device installed because she knows she is prone to drink during a deeply depressive episode.

Sure hate to hear that, Paul.

That she turns to alcohol while depressed sure isn't gonna help.

She have kids? Any support from her husband?

Wish I could say I saw an interlock device as being anything other than a band aid on a severe cut... but I don't.

If I could help in any way, let me know.

No kids. She's married. He's a genuinely nice guy. They met in rehab.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I sure hope she gets that part of her life straight.

I know it upsets you to no end.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t have any experience regarding the device but I really am sorry to hear that your daughter is suffering, as are you and everyone that loves her. I’ll be keeping you all in my prayers.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I truly appreciate the kind words.

Karin is on my right. I wish I could somehow assume her burden and carry it for her.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You’re carrying part of that burden for her as we speak.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wish you the best. Hopefully she will get a grasp on the situation before it does so to her. Will pray for you guys.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Depends on the state. Multiple devices out there and state rules with many companies offering the service. My uncle has one for about $70 a month. He had to pay a $60 install fee and removal is $150 at the end. Big issue is 3 fails and trying to start and it locks up and has to be towed to installer who charges a fee to reset it AT $250. This one is NOT just blow into the mouthpiece. You have to blow and humm at same time to get it to start. Takes some practice. Go figure. Cannot pull any maintenance on vehicle many times without getting permission from company and then he only had 8 hrs to get it back to be reset. Most require monthly updates at installation shop on or before the day due or it locks up. They work but be very fussy and expensive if it or you screw up. Mouthwash, toothpastes, some gums etc will set it off and lock it up.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
You’re carrying part of that burden for her as we speak.

This.

Beautiful daughters, Paul!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They got your smile.
Good looking family period.
I wish the best for the whole lot of you.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My cousin had one on his Denali, He called me a couple times to come pick him up down at the Hooters. His ride wouldn’t start.

His had a modem (I think) and camera, would take his pic or anyone else if they tried to start it for him.

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"Most of the time she is good and would happily consent to having the device installed because she knows she is prone to drink during a deeply depressive episode."

Since she's aware she has a problem do you think she would use a good breathalyzer if you got her one and told her you'd pay for her transportation home if she drinks too much?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Beautiful ladies! Sorry to hear this. That is a tough situation indeed.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
"Most of the time she is good and would happily consent to having the device installed because she knows she is prone to drink during a deeply depressive episode."

Since she's aware she has a problem do you think she would use a good breathalyzer if you got her one and told her you'd pay for her transportation home if she drinks too much?

No, I really don't think she would. She'd convince herself she's okay.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The blow n go devices installed here randomly force you to
Blow to keep going.

If you don't, the car stops.

That keeps them from getting A blow job from a stranger!

Ahhh....that makes sense.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Would she tolerate it Paul?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
If she's that much of a liability, I would be pulling several fuses(fuel pump) and she would be taking her Chevrolegs everywhere.

She's 33 years old, married and lives in a different city. She suffers from depression. Most of the time she is good and would happily consent to having the device installed because she knows she is prone to drink during a deeply depressive episode.

Oh....I see it now.

Lead on brother.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Would she tolerate it Paul?

Yes she would Jim. 95% of the time she's lucid, rational, thoughtful and in touch with reality. Ever since she was an infant, she'd throw the biggest, longest lasting tantrums you could imagine. She was inconsolable when she did. I am satisfied that she was born with a short in her circuitry. I was too. I was fortunate enough to be able to work myself to a place of peace.

She did really well during rehab and for nearly two years afterwards. It has been clinically established that psychotherapeutic interventions can be as effective as pharmachological interventions. I think the in patient therapy and the maintenance following was very effective. Then life got in the way and she stopped ongoing therapy and support.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 02/22/20.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I try to drink myself to death occasionally.

Depression makes no sense at all. I have everything to live for too.

What ever it takes Paul. I support the both of you.

Schit....we had a neighbor that "grounded" his 35 year old son once. For the whole year.

What ever it takes.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Since she wouldn't be under a court order or under parole supervision etc, id ask if it could be programmed to simply not start if alcohol is detected, not the lockout after so many fails etc that others mentioned, which I believe requires the vehicle to be towed in to reset. Simply not starting if she was drinking would seem to suffice in this situation Also not being under supervision she may not be required to take it in monthly or whatever for data download or whatever they do. Just another thing to inquire about

That's exactly what I am looking for. I don't need reports of any sort. I just need the car not to start if it detects alcohol on her breath.

This is what you need, I have a friend that is an acholic, nicest guy in the world when sober but thats seldom, after his latest DUI he had a blow and go installed on his truck, when his time was up he just paid for it and kept it, the cost is minimal ,because it is not monitored or calibrated. If he drinks to late into the night his truck won't start, no harm, no foul he calls for a ride, I think you are on the right track, it takes a couple hours of unwise and prevents irreversible damage. I wish you nothing but the best !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 71 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,732
Posts18,457,526
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.