24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V3 fits like an 870 and is very light and soft shooting.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Never owned an inertia gun. The Benellis are over-priced, IMO and from some of the quality issues I've seen (mostly POI / POA problems) they may well be overrated.

That being said......... I have had both a Super X2 and a Super X3 for a lot of years. I'm still waiting on my first disappointment of any kind.

Hmm I made it to AA Class and 4 punches shy of Master Class with a Benelli M1 Super 90. What are these quality issues? I have three all with over 30K rounds one with over 100K. It is by far the preferred gun for the dove fields south of the border! Arguably the best duck and goose gun ever made. Proof of this is it has been copied several times.

The vast majority of my own personal shotgunning, now, is turkey gun related...………….a lot of time spent at the patterning board with my guns and others'.

The most glaring quality issue from my POV is that way too many of the SBE's did not shoot where they were pointed at 40 yards. Some of them pretty drastically.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have owned many shotguns of both types and i now only have inertia guns in my safe but I dont shoot skeet or clays I only hunt with my guns, the inertia guns are more simple and cleaner.....Good luck...Hb

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by K1500
V3 fits like an 870 and is very light and soft shooting.

Yep. The V3 mitigates recoil very well. Even a bit less than my 390. Remington has done a good job with this system.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never owned an inertia gun. The Benellis are over-priced, IMO and from some of the quality issues I've seen (mostly POI / POA problems) they may well be overrated.

That being said......... I have had both a Super X2 and a Super X3 for a lot of years. I'm still waiting on my first disappointment of any kind.

Hmm I made it to AA Class and 4 punches shy of Master Class with a Benelli M1 Super 90. What are these quality issues? I have three all with over 30K rounds one with over 100K. It is by far the preferred gun for the dove fields south of the border! Arguably the best duck and goose gun ever made. Proof of this is it has been copied several times.

The vast majority of my own personal shotgunning, now, is turkey gun related...………….a lot of time spent at the patterning board with my guns and others'.

The most glaring quality issue from my POV is that way too many of the SBE's did not shoot where they were pointed at 40 yards. Some of them pretty drastically.

Most of the issues I hear of with a Benelli come from the SBE series of guns. I have two M1S90's and have hunted them in all sorts of conditions and have yet to be disappointed. Wet, dry, dusty, hot, or cold and encased in ice, those M1's chug right along doing their job. BTW, Benelli shotguns come with shim kits and that handles all but the worst of point of impact problems. Speaking of POI vs. POA issues, my son had a Winchester SX3 that patterned 18" left and about 30" high at 40 yards. Shimming isn't going to line that mess out.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Currently have both. Gas operated models are an old skb 1300 and beretta 390......both very reliable 12s and low recoil. The inertia is benelli monte 12 that is slimmer, just as reliable but with noticeable recoil by comparison.

A used 390 in good shape is a sound investment, every beretta gas gun I ever had shot 1-1/8 oz loads fast and smooth as silk.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I prefer a nice heavy gas gun or a recoil operated gun.
regardless of the choice, the lighter the gun the more its going to recoil.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member, Navy Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
You dont see many inertia guns at the gun club unless someone is trying to get a little practice in before duck season. I have two benelli m1, both in 12 and 20 and they are my favs. I use a beretta xtrema 2 for turkeys though, it really handles the recoil of the 3.5 turkey load nicely. Like the above person posted, inertia guns can "click" on you, my benellis haven't done it since I got the first 500 rounds through them, I do know the franchi affinity are famous for it too. I bought my son a 20ga affinity and it simply will not cycle target loads. The affinitys are great feeling/swinging guns, but what does that matter if they wont cycle.

I will warn you about one benelli, the wood stock montefeltro, those are the kickenest autos I've ever shot. We've even upgraded recoil pads on them but no avail.

I've never really considered anything other than a benelli or beretta, maybe a nice 1100 back in the day. I remember the browning gold hunters were having issues with receivers cracking, so I never took the chance on one.

Last edited by killerv; 02/21/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Zero need for 3-1/2" shells! ZERO!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Zero need for 3-1/2" shells! ZERO!

I would agree, particularly with the waterfowl hunting that I have done. I have never felt under gunned with a regular 3” shell. In fact, most of the guys that have guns that will shoot a 3 1/2” shell only use 3”.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Currently have both. Gas operated models are an old skb 1300 and beretta 390......both very reliable 12s and low recoil. The inertia is benelli monte 12 that is slimmer, just as reliable but with noticeable recoil by comparison.

A used 390 in good shape is a sound investment, every beretta gas gun I ever had shot 1-1/8 oz loads fast and smooth as silk.

As long as it fits, I’m not sure how you can beat a Beretta 390.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The benelli click is user error, not gun error. I've shot countless cases of duck loads out of benellis and only had it happen once, when I decided to [bleep] with the bolt to find out what all the beetching was about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
The benelli click is user error, not gun error. I've shot countless cases of duck loads out of benellis and only had it happen once, when I decided to [bleep] with the bolt to find out what all the beetching was about.

Yeah, I have never had it happen. And while coyote hunting I carry my shotgun with a sling walking miles over rough country. That shotgun is riding slung over the shoulder against a daypack and not once had the bolt been bumped out of battery.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

that's not entirely true, during breakin, it happens. Important to get about 500 rounds through the gun. Ive also seen where even leaning one up against a tree a little too hard, can make the bolt backup a bit to do it. I will agree, don't ever pull the bolt back to see if a round is in, this is probably the number 1 cause of the click.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by killerv

that's not entirely true, during breakin, it happens. Important to get about 500 rounds through the gun. Ive also seen where even leaning one up against a tree a little too hard, can make the bolt backup a bit to do it. I will agree, don't ever pull the bolt back to see if a round is in, this is probably the number 1 cause of the click.

Again, I don't know how many cases of duck loads I've shot through SBEs but it's over 25 and I've never had it happen.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Both being SA shotguns, both are going to hiccup eventually or on occasion.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue
Both being SA shotguns, both are going to hiccup eventually or on occasion.

I am waiting!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Then if anyone is due!!!!😀

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue
Then if anyone is due!!!!😀

I should be! But she keeps on ticking.......

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
For pure ugly durability Benelli!!!
Have used an M2 at work for 22 years, around 30k rounds.
The only thing that failed was the pin that holds the magazine catch.
Every other failure has been operator failure, there is a learning curve
to keep them operating at below zero degrees.

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
102 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,354 guests, and 677 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.