-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
“Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:39‬ ‭KJV‬‬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
born again is so called christians use to say you can go your whole life living like a dirtbag treating people like chit and then right before you die be born again and everything is ok. I just don't think if we have a god to answer to,that it will work that way.

pre born again-I don't give a fugg about you
post born again- not giving a fugg doesn't matter

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
If word studies can be trusted the concept translated as born again beans born from above. It’s something that happens out side of us, an action performed by another for us.

Unfortunately, that isn’t taught and ignorant preachers have convinced believers that it’s something that they do. Then a great many people who are taught that they did it convince themselves that they have a native goodness in them and become insufferable moralists. Seems like many who participate in these religious threads have run into such people and seen through them.

Paul said that Abraham believed God, wasn’t righteous and good, but was counted that way because he trusted God. It all came from outside the man. As I read his story he was pretty rotten, a dirty rotten sinner.

Last edited by IZH27; 02/22/20.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
First we are born with the spirit but is a flesh spirit cohabitation, the flesh dominates, Jesus's conversation with nicodemus confirms it. Spirit is like wind, we don't understand where it came from or where it goes... We won't understand him about the flesh, we would understand him less about the spirit.

What folks think is 'born again is really awareness, some of us have been aware since old enough for self awareness, others whenever in their life. Nothing magical or mystical happens, it just is.

We will be born again in spirit leaving flesh behind, before that we cannot see heaven or understand the spirit more than an unseen wind you can hear and feel.

I believe Christ didn't write anything because we really can't understand more than the simplist concepts, and we would argue over those words in ignorance. He lived his sermon.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I have spent 63 years of my life surrounded by deeply religious people of the Christian Faith. I attended Sabbath School until I was 25 years old. I have taken Bible Studies from a couple of denominations, and taken History of the Old Testament class in College. But I have never heard a person use this "Born Again" term until I listened to TV evangelists. I have never heard it from my family, or from my Morman friends, or Lutheran friends, or from members of "The Brethren".

So what is the deal? Was the term recently invented just for TV Evangelism?

One of the places to shop for affordable classic shotguns is Mark's Born Again Birdguns LLC.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You give up your old ways and are born again with the holy spirit, aint nobody getin in the pearly gates unless this happens. The lord dont want trouble or those that practice it.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
We all see this all the time, but the person must have it in their heart not just speak it. Ive seen folks that cursed god their whole life and in the end ask the lord to forgive them, if its truly heart felt the lord will forgive them through Jesus Christ our Savior, nobody talks or sees the lord unless you go through Christ ,

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
not to be a cynic, but i will anyway, about all folks i've know who claim to be "born again" were rotten bastards before they "saw the light" and are just better at hiding it afterwards.

Pepridge faahms rememba's

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The sailor that wrote this song must have been 'Born Again". [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
not to be a cynic, but i will anyway, about all folks i've know who claim to be "born again" were rotten bastards before they "saw the light"

AKA pricks.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote=rem141r]not to be a cynic, but i will anyway, about all folks i've know who claim to be "born again" were rotten bastards before they "saw the light" and are just better at hiding it afterwards.

I AGREE X2 myself i have always been a sinner but still the same old Christian since i was born

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by krp
First we are born with the spirit but is a flesh spirit cohabitation, the flesh dominates, Jesus's conversation with nicodemus confirms it. Spirit is like wind, we don't understand where it came from or where it goes... We won't understand him about the flesh, we would understand him less about the spirit.

What folks think is 'born again is really awareness, some of us have been aware since old enough for self awareness, others whenever in their life. Nothing magical or mystical happens, it just is.

We will be born again in spirit leaving flesh behind, before that we cannot see heaven or understand the spirit more than an unseen wind you can hear and feel.

I believe Christ didn't write anything because we really can't understand more than the simplist concepts, and we would argue over those words in ignorance. He lived his sermon.

Kent

Well said.

I've read some Bible. Gone to Sunday school some as a kid. Gone to some church services in Baptist, Lutheran, Church of Christ, Methodist Churches, a few Pentecostal too.

Heard from time I was a kid the have to be born again. One of Jesus' more famous quotes. Caused me to wonder and think before I'd come to understand. Understood how it gave those pause HE told.

I would ALMOST say anyone who's been to church more than a few times or read much Bible who isnt aware of one of the most basic tenants hasnt been paying LISTENING. And, if studied theology, must have skipped a few days.

Have to live and be guided by the Spirit more than the flesh, world, Lucifer to live by the spirit. Spirits live forever. Gotta choose what rules, MOST the time.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/22/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The sailor that wrote this song must have been 'Born Again". [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I can't verify what I'm 'fixin' to say.

I've read that Amazing Grace was written on a Slave ship during a terrible storm at sea. I don't remember if it was a ship operator or slave.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a pretty wall plaque, Richard.

Originally Posted by wabigoon

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
John Newton was both. You can read on him if you care to.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Denny that is on the wall in the church my cousin's husband funeral was held in, Sioux Falls. I thought enough of it to take that picture.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by sandpit
You give up your old ways and are born again with the holy spirit, aint nobody getin in the pearly gates unless this happens. The lord dont want trouble or those that practice it.

It sounds as though you are saying that it depends on your work.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No Sir 100% Faith, when you whip the faith part, them you work.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by sandpit

It sounds as though you are saying that it depends on your work.

Not my understanding of scripture.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by srwshooter
born again is so called christians use to say you can go your whole life living like a dirtbag treating people like chit and then right before you die be born again and everything is ok. I just don't think if we have a god to answer to,that it will work that way.

pre born again-I don't give a fugg about you
post born again- not giving a fugg doesn't matter

I’ve always found this a baffling argument even tho it’s so often cited in opposition to grace.

I think it sounds a lot better in a simple argument than it could be in practice. One does not go about life finding fulfillment in hurting others and then magically decide he is at the end of himself and cannot go on under his own steam.

I understand that the core of this argument is that a man can live as a louse and then out of mere fear of judgment run to grace but that gets at an issue prevalent inside and outside the Church.

Belief isn’t merely a verbal assent. It is deeper than that. We can say all we want that we believe A B and C or X Y and Z but if we don’t act in some fashion as tho we believe do we REALLY believe?

Western thought has managed to separate beliefs & actions but the biblical sense doesn’t allow that. Are we saved by grace alone by faith alone on account of Christ and His work alone for the glory of God alone? ABSOLUTELY! Will the faith in that reality result in a changed life? ABSOLUTELY! It’s all based upon a covenantally faithful God’s promises not upon our effort. That’s what James means when he says faith without works is dead...

Sorry guys.

Rant off.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

689 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,039 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.