Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Anyone loose one or the other and how? I almost lost my birdy finger tip (halfway down before the joint) 15 years ago. Smashed in a freight elevator. Was hanging on by a shred of skin but DRs saved it and it was reattached. To this day nail is always giving me problems and is very sensitive. Absolutely nothing to bitch about compared to real and serious injuries especially those who serve our country. Not going to lie it hurt like a bitch and I would have been okay with having a stubby bird for the rest of my life but of course I trusted the Doc and his decision. Saw a guy get his entire hand pulverized once when it ran through a couple of big rollers . Like a cartoon almost. Poor guy. Had a teacher in college who had lost a pinky in his youth working at a factory, guy would make us all look up every once and a while during serious and quiet studies just to show us little hand puppet shows on his desk. Always cracked the f up.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know a bunch of folks missing some parts. So far, I am still intact.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dad cut off a finger but they sewed it back on.

Complete range of movement. Soft, sensitive fingernail too.

Lots of old cow hands around here missing fingers from ropes.

Those are hard to re attach sometimes because of distance to the doctor and the fact that they are kind of burned off.

Know a guy with a big toe for a thumb.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Knew a guy who skill-sawed off his big toe.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Missing my left middle finger tip to the first joint from a table saw and my left thumb tip to the transom bracket a 35 hp swings into, to lock in the run position. Lost of a lot of hand strength to those two missing parts.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I watched a maintenance guy move a guard out of the way on a metal shear to cut a small piece.

He was careful to keep his fingers away from the blade, but he totally forgot about the hydraulic rams that slam down to keep parts from moving while the blade is cutting.

He took off the first joint of his right index finger. It was too mangled to be reattached.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I still have all of mine!

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
[quote=Snyper]I watched a maintenance guy move a guard out of the way on a metal shear to cut a small piece.

He was careful to keep his fingers away from the blade, but he totally forgot about the hydraulic rams that slam down to keep parts from moving while the blade is cutting.

He took off the first joint of his right index finger. It was too mangled to be reattached.[/quotegotta keep telling yourself every time, triple check and prepare beforehand..almost took my you know what off a few months ago with an angle grinder. Thank goodness for carhartts. Got so tangled in the duck that's the only thing that stopped it from serious injuries maybe even fatal. Got a couple of really cool scars on my leg and a special place. I tell the wife I'm so bad ass I even have scars on my you know what. Viking D...She doesn't think it is funny at all and now I never EVER use a grinder without a guard on it. Being in a hurry is what does it every time from what I've seen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
[quote=Snyper]I watched a maintenance guy move a guard out of the way on a metal shear to cut a small piece.

He took off the first joint of his right index finger. It was too mangled to be reattached.[/quotegotta keep telling yourself every time, triple check and prepare beforehand..almost took my you know what off a few months ago with an angle grinder. Thank goodness for carhartts. Got so tangled in the duck that's the only thing that stopped it from serious injuries maybe even fatal. Got a couple of really cool scars on my leg and a special place. I tell the wife I'm so bad ass I even have scars on my you know what. Viking D...She doesn't think it is funny at all and now I never EVER use a grinder without a guard on it. Being in a hurry is what does it every time from what I've seen.

I was doing some finishing on a custom CNC stand i made with an angle grinder once and the flap disc got caught in my shirt. Handle hit me in the jaw and disc ground off some flesh on my chest. That sucked a little...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i had an uncle who ran a shaper in a lumber mill back in the 30's or so. the only thing on his left hand was a thumb and the only thing on his right hand was a thumb and booger finger. he looked gnarly as fugg. used to scare the schit out of me when i was a little kid. my impression is he was not too bright.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I was in middle school, retards were included in regular classes. even exploratory classes.

‘Joan’ was a little heavy handed doing her plexiglass keychain project on the belt sander.

3 phase belt sander that thing eat the last 1/2” meat off’a 3 of her fingers. She sounded like a baby goat caught in a fence.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Couple of molars and wisdom teeth ( on me)
Foreskin (not much choice at a couple days old)

Last edited by renegade50; 02/22/20.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
Couple of molars and wisdom teeth ( on me)
Foreskin (not much choice at a couple days old)

Bet you couldn’t walk for about a year after losing that foreskin!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I took my left thumb off with a DeWalt skill saw.

Nothing I'd recommend, but not the end of the world. I have a tough time shuffling cards, that's about it.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Several ropers I've known without fingers...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that gonna leave a mark!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
For many years I've hunted with a couple of custom cabinet makers. They had their own shop, busy all the time. Great guys and hard core deer hunters.

Between the two of them, Guy and his brother in law, Bob (RIP), they only had about 8 fingers. But they sure had trigger fingers that worked.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Several ropers I've known without fingers...

He handled that like a boss, my hat off to em. When that elevator door slammed in a second flat on my finger just felt ouch. Automatic reaction:clenched fist and into a crunched stomach. Guy that was with me said let's see it. We looked at it for a second and he said I'm gonna take you to the hospital. Cool? Fn a hell yeah I said cool.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Half my thumb on the right hand to a table saw. Index finger on the left hand at the first joint to a winch cable. Don't recommend either. But table saw might of hurt a little less.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Given a choice, neither!

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,129
Posts18,464,657
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.