Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
A co-worker isn’t a dog fan. His dying mother trusted him to take care of her dog. Before she passed he gave the dog up and lied to his mom.

Even worse, he likes comic books.

He’s a Bernie Sanders guy.........

Unfugging real......

If someone fessed up some schitt like that to me.
I would liquid exlax that fugga,s drinks anytime I could.
For his mom and her dog...

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I guess I'd be a sorry Muslim. My dog has a better life than anybody else that lives here.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I can relate, we lost our one dog of a life time a year ago and it still feels like yesterday and I still have no idea if or when we will get another. It's just too damn hard to deal with their loss.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
A co-worker isn’t a dog fan. His dying mother trusted him to take care of her dog. Before she passed he gave the dog up and lied to his mom.

Unfugging real......

If someone fessed up some schitt like that to me.
I would liquid exlax that fugga,s drinks anytime I could.
For his mom and her dog...

He’d go out of his way to help most folks. Not an entirely schit human. He definitely has some sort of mental issue though.
I don’t pretend to understand it.

All I know is not liking dogs and an interest in comic books as an adult are the two biggest signs of [bleep] I have ever witnessed.

The Bernie fandom is just icing on the cake.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I lost my American Staffordshire Terrier on January 11th, She was my "dog of a lifetime", it busted me up pretty good, one of the worst days of my life. I cried when I dug the hole, I cried when I put her in the hole and I cried when I refilled the hole.

I feel bad for you Rene, enjoy everyday you have left with her, there won't be that many more.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Bark his azz off at anyone not american.

I bet he smelled them from a 100 yards or better, he didn't have to see them, he knew what that stink was.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Enjoy every moment.

Two months and the hole in my soul is still there.

Miss you Bru

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sse
there's all kinds, some love em, some don't, weren't raised with them or never warmed up to them. i had a boss once who grew up on a farm in Florida. To him all animals around the farm, including dogs, were just chattels meriting no particular attachment

A good friend of mine back in the 1990s, who married in the late 1980s, told me that now that his (at that time) two kids (they later had two more) are old enough to appreciate a dog, he wanted to get one, and asked me for advice. I told him to get a cat, because neither he or his wife were dog people, and I knew it. Neither had ever had a dog, nor ever expressed any thoughts about dogs. They just decided that because they had little kids, a dog would be a good thing to have to make it all complete. I couldn't talk them out of it. They got a puppy Corgi.

Nope. Didn't work. The dog was generally ignored by all. When I visited, there was no water for the dog, and I had to get him some. Eventually, the dog was gone. My friend admitted that no one in the family warmed up to the dog (you couldn't ask for a cuter or more personable dog), so they got rid of him. I didn't inquire as to what was done with the dog, after they had him for a couple of years.

But some people are definitely not dog people. Something is just missing inside them.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I lost my American Staffordshire Terrier on January 11th, She was my "dog of a lifetime", it busted me up pretty good, one of the worst days of my life. I cried when I dug the hole, I cried when I put her in the hole and I cried when I refilled the hole.

I feel bad for you Rene, enjoy everyday you have left with her, there won't be that many more.

I am taking it day by day for sure.
I know it is a matter of time.
This has happened to him twice over the last 14 months but not near as bad or as long as this one.
1st episode was maybe 10 mins and full recover in an hour.
Vet trip ...
Last episode was 4 or 5 months ago outta nowhere like this one
Lasted about 2 hours and he recovered within 4 or 5
Vet trip...
This one was from 5 last night till about midnight then " sleep fitfully to 7 am today.
Been recovering all day
He is still weak but getting better.
Waaaaay better than last night.

On meds for thryoid and hip arthritis.
Basically his back legs become useless.
Just amazed me he got up and was walking weakly this morning.
I had already called a mobile vet to come to the house.
Then the wife yelled at me he was outta bed and walking
I had been agonizing all night.
And Im sure cookie was also thinking he was letting me down by not being able to walk.

He is going to his vet monday morning to get a check up and blood work ,see what is going on.

It wasnt today thankfully that I had to do anything with the mobile vet I called.

Sorry about your dog man. frown

All dog owners know the anguish and loss.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Sorry to hear this. I definitely relate. I cried like a baby when my Am Staff (registered with both UKC and AKC) died in my home right about midnight in the summer of 2011. He died with me at his side, and I couldn't do anything to help him. Cancer. I put off having him put down too long. When you put them down, you always worry that you are doing it too early, and sometimes you are too late. It's about the most painful thing that can happen to a human, either way, if you're a dog person.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sse
i had a boss once who grew up on a farm in Florida. To him all animals around the farm, includng dogs, were just chattels meriting no particular attachment.

And if they step out of line they get shot
Farms are businesses not dog shelters,
some here who grew up watching lassie
would struggle on the land.

Re ancient greeks,.. dogs were not an uncommon blood sacrifice, or if a noble
died, His much loved dogs would be slain
and thrown on the funeral pyre to join their
master in the sunny pleasures of Elysium.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Oh Lord - that's signature line material .

Cowdoc - great cartoon you spoke of .

I love dogs .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Man's best friend and from time to time, the best mentor.

No kidding, sometimes the best medicine to remind us what really is important in life.

I second that!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Renegade, look into Prednisone.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Hadn't had a dog since I was a teen,.....too much time at work to take care of one.

I didn't know if I would qualify as a dog person or not. But it seemed like I might,...so I got a Labrador after I retired.

I can't understand what's wrong with a person who can't develop an attachment to a Labrador. They'll give you every opportunity.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
We may be a bunch of collective A type personalities on here at each others throats at times, not all by far, and it is something I work at alot, trying to advoid conflict now.

But we all seem to offer the best we can when someone,s beloved pet dies no matter whatever history exist between members.
I suppose many of us know a few words of sympathy help alot no matter what.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Our three meatheads just got the remnants from my old man’s 70th birthday party tonight

Pork chops, mac n cheese, cake, mmmm cake.., sister shubert rolls, mashed potatoes

Earlier they got 3 gallons worth of cabbage n corned beef brisket juice poured over ol roy.

lol

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Renegade, look into Prednisone.

He is on carpovet 100mg
A chewable he loves.
The other dogs are jealous of it.
LOL!!!
And a thyroid med.
He was on another med for the hip arthritis.
Made him loopy kinda.

Gonna talk to the vet about hip spinesynolis ( sp)
Been googling today.
Just seems wierd his entire back end goes limp outta the blue when it happens.
I dont doubt he has bad hip arthritis, never have for the last 2 years.

See what on monday.
He is due for thyroid blood work again also.
Im just gonna tell the vet all the details in depth leading and say i did alot of googling on stuff and see what he has to say.

Last edited by renegade50; 02/22/20.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I work to keep my boy slim and in shape. Labradors will fatten themselves up if you don't keep them from it.

Mine got into the cat food earlier today which means that he'll have the schitts tomorrow.

Besides that,...all he got for dinner was a can of low sodium green beans with some hamburger meat under them..

Put a tablespoon of hamburger meat on the bottom of the bowl, then pour a can of green beans on top of them, he'll eat the whole can of green beans to get to the hamburger meat.

Tomorrow he get's 3 rounds of the tennis ball workout.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Hadn't had a dog since I was a teen,.....too much time at work to take care of one.

I didn't know if I would qualify as a dog person or not. But it seemed like I might,...so I got a Labrador after I retired.

I can't understand what's wrong with a person who can't develop an attachment to a Labrador. They'll give you every opportunity.

Beautiful dog.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 257_X_50, 37 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,411
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.