Campfire Sage
T

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
So sad...........especially when you can't even name the country you live in....loved the girl who asked:
"shouldn't they have taught this in school?"....well, duh.......but teaching about diversity is much more important.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I could get 98% of em. The world. Even most of the ‘stans’ the island nations too. I don’t really need boundaries either to get very close. I was in geospatial and remote sensing for over 10 years though.

Also had a giant Cold War era globe my grandparents gave me. It was made in the 60s,

I yell obscenities at the TV when they do these things and the Jesse Waters on location spots too. I always wonder if these are cherry picked or are people just this damn stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This was the last time Kimmel was even remotely funny.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ROFL, but still so sad. Most of them will know their new world invented pronouns for gender sensitive peoples, though.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Pretty darn sad .

Told this before telling it again .
Worked with a 35yr. old guy , 53 yr. guy and his 25yr. old son -none of them knew a word of the ' pledge of allegiance ' or ' star spangled banner ' . Common stuff in this part of flarduh .

Friend in biloxi explained it to me he said he learned a lot when his dad was stationed in san diego,ca. then when they transferred to keesler in biloxi his education came to an end . He went to school in orange grove/north gulfport .
He said all the teachers did during class was try and keep the blacks under control many days they never opened a book .

The dumb them down program is working great .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike

He said all the teachers did during class was try and keep the blacks under control many days they never opened a book .

BINGO!!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Show me Prussia!

😉

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Show me Prussia!

😉

yes! or show them a map of Africa and ask them to show you Rhodesia and Tanganyika

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by kid0917
Show me Prussia!

😉

yes! or show them a map of Africa and ask them to show you Rhodesia and Tanganyika

Tanganyika! Well there used to be a few Prussians there!!! 😊.

Founder

WS

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Show me Prussia!

😉

INDEED! laugh reading a book now "Campfires in Africa" Pre- WWI Americans and Brits safari in Africa, they traveled by German steamer. good read; I will send it to you when done if you have some spare time to spend reading...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.... and they are allowed to vote !!

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Both of my grandfathers were conscripts for the Prussian Army.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Show me Prussia!

😉

INDEED! laugh reading a book now "Campfires in Africa" Pre- WWI Americans and Brits safari in Africa, they traveled by German steamer. good read; I will send it to you when done if you have some spare time to spend reading...

Somewhere around here I have a copy of "The Adventures of Mimi and Toutou!” Highly recommend!

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/mimi-and-toutous-big-adventure-the-bizarre-battle-of-lake-tanganyika_giles-foden/536588/item/2942964/?mkwid=%7cdm&pcrid=395931190724&pkw=&pmt=&slid=&plc=&pgrid=83211845752&ptaid=pla-838337053911&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4sjyBRC5ARIsAEHsELE7frOKL7K3uZm_gQckAUlAnE8XJDxzsPrkWqdg2uLwS8OSGhqlyg8aAiHdEALw_wcB#isbn=1400075262&idiq=2942964

Or

https://www.abebooks.com/9781400075263/Mimi-Toutous-Big-Adventure-Bizarre-1400075262/plp

Last edited by kaywoodie; 02/23/20.

Founder

WS

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
.... and they are allowed to vote !!

Good ole low/no information voters . smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Prussia! The only country destroyed by the United Nations because it was deemed too dangerous to exist!

"Prussia existed de jure until its formal abolition by the Allied Control Council Enactment No. 46 of 25 February 1947."

Founder

WS

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
When I was a child around the dinner table my father would quiz us on Geography—Capitals of States and shapes of countries and such. I got in a lot of trouble in school correcting teachers—most of then knew squat about the subject and that was more than 60 years ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every time I see something like this, I always wonder how many people are interviewed to find the idiots. Surely you’d think that 8 outta 10 could at least find most of the big countries.
I couldn’t point out different countries in Eastern Europe or Africa without the borders drawn, but Western Europe and North America, Australia, most of Asia, come on now.
But it’s pretty obvious that most of today’s high school and college graduates have far less education than folks from 20 or 30 years ago. I’ve long said that schools are becoming more indoctrination enters than education.
Governments always take on a life of their own, ours is no exception. Educated people are a threat to an all powerful government. It’s up to you as a parent to make sure your kids are learning the things they need to know. Most parents don’t take the time, and it starts a vicious cycle, each generation dumber than the last.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kkahmann
When I was a child around the dinner table my father would quiz us on Geography—Capitals of States and shapes of countries and such. I got in a lot of trouble in school correcting teachers—most of then knew squat about the subject and that was more than 60 years ago.

My teachers usually told my parents they had to study to stay ahead of me on history. Several of my high school teachers loaned me books out of their own collections.
When I was in the Army, the guys in the shop would quiz one another on state capitals and things like that at break time. I won’t say I’d get them all, but I’ll bet dollars to donuts I’d get at least 45 outta the 57! grin
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
When I was in 9th grade, we had to learn all the African countries. The test was to be handed a map of Africa and fill it in. I had no idea how I would ever do it. My mom had me trace out the map and I think we made copies somewhere. I practiced filling it in until I got it right....over and over. Wound up getting 100 and none of the other smart kids in the classed passed at all and the test had to be redone. They tried to memorize the map looking at it most likely. One of my proudest academic moments and all credit goes to Mom.

I might could find Egypt and South Africa today.......might! laugh

The U.S? Yeah I can find that!

Last edited by RJY66; 02/23/20.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

612 members (160user, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,276
Posts18,448,425
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.