Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
I found one Meopro “Instinct” 3-9x40 at Cabelas about a month ago and love the quality and tracking.
It was the last one in stock at my local Cabelas.
I wished that I could get one more, so I called two Cabelas further away in my state, and located one more!
Same close out price, of $299, and they gave me free shipping to my house.
It arrived yesterday in perfect condition.

Passing this along if someone wants to make a few calls and “maybe” score one for yourself.

Have a nice weekend.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
BP-B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
That’s is one helluva scope for $299 ... you hit the jackpot. Congrats -

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bass Pro has the clearance (previous) models in stock. They are Made in Czech Republic models so they can’t be that old.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-instinct-hd-rifle-scope

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
So am I right, that Meopta doesn't warranty those scopes and Basspro/Cabela's will only provide warranty service to the original owner if he can show his original receipt?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
The box contains a lifetime warranty through Cabelas

--- Will Rogers
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Crab
The box contains a lifetime warranty through Cabelas

One poster here was told that even though the ox said that, BPS wouldn’t honor it, while trying to sell him a 3 yeR wArranty.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Both of my Instinct scopes also came with a user manual from Meopta which tells the user that they are warranted for life, and to just call the Meopta customer service line if anything goes wrong.

So, I’m not worried.

--- Will Rogers
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Both of my Instinct scopes also came with a user manual from Meopta which tells the user that they are warranted for life, and to just call the Meopta customer service line if anything goes wrong.

So, I’m not worried.

You might check into it if the warranty is pretty important to you. Meopta refused to work on a pair of my Cabelas branded Meostar binoclars. They said warranty work of the Euro line had to go through Cabelas. They declined even when I offered to pay. I will only buy the Meopta branded stuff now, especially with the Bass Pro merger. SportOptics just had those Meopros on sale for not a whole lot more than you paid.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

So, I’m not worried.

You might check into it if the warranty is pretty important to you. Meopta refused to work on a pair of my Cabelas branded Meostar binoclars. They said warranty work of the Euro line had to go through Cabelas. They declined even when I offered to pay. I will only buy the Meopta branded stuff now, especially with the Bass Pro merger. SportOptics just had those Meopros on sale for not a whole lot more than you paid.

Ouch....I didn't know this.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Meopta informed me as well that cabelas euro branded would not be warrantied through meopta.

I called just to inquire before purchasing

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s been documented through several threads on the Fire that all basspro/Cabela’s branded merch is subject to their store policy for returns which frankly sucks now. More than once , a Fire member has shared their warranty horror stories. I.e. no more lifetime warranty .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
F the new version of cabelas filled with BP stuff. It sucks. I’m done as a Cabelas customer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BassPro sucks. Always has. They sell crap.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I find it interesting that Meopta is so willing to forgo any support for these Cabela’s optics. The scopes, boxes, and the literature in the boxes are plastered with the Meopta name. Heck, there is a Meopta bumper sticker and a Meopta Meopro scope users guide in my most recently purchased Instinct 3-9x40 ... but “it’s a Cabelas product”. Yeah, right. Me purchasing it didn’t have anything to do with all the Meopta badging. crazy

Last edited by backtobethel; 02/24/20.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Got one on my CZ 550 Tacticool 308 and it is a great scope for the money. Took it out this weekend to track at distance and this scope tracks very well and the glass is crystal clear.

MAGA! This is the way!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Don't ya reckon Cabelas/Bass Pro did a Walmart type squeeze play when they bought those scopes. Meopta probably doesn't have a lot of wiggle room to include covering the warranty. Just guessing. And, their name isn't on the scope, Cabelas is. I could see them punting those scopes back to Cabelas.

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
And, their name isn't on the scope, Cabelas is.

DF

My scope has “Cabelas/Meopta” right on the rear bell. Just like the one in the bass pro link above.

Last edited by backtobethel; 02/24/20.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by kingston
BassPro sucks. Always has. They sell crap.

And since BassPro bought Cabelas, now Cabelas is starting to suck. High prices, way fewer used guns, and sales that aren't what they used to be.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
about a year and a half ago when cabelas still had the bargain cave. I bought about a dozen of these cabelas instinct scopes. I think I was into them about $130 to $140 each. I sold them on ebay for $225-250, At those prices you still can't go wrong. I would not pay close to $300 for one though.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I'm so glad I found this thread before trying to save a few bucks and try the Euro HD binocs vs the Meostar proper branded ones. Man... I wish Cabela's had been the one doing the buying of BPS, not the other way around! I was always jealous of everyone that had Cabela's nearby and could benefit from their frequent 10% off reloading supplies and other good sales, bargain cave, and better store-brand options like the Euro HDs. Now it looks like we're all out of luck for the time being.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.