Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I called my wife when I accidently cut off a finger at work.
She asked me if I cut off my whole finger?

I said, "No, it was the one next to it."

I read it three times and then LMAO! 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣

I had to figure it out as well......Me laugh ass off too..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Old colored fellow in town used to drive a concrete truck. Someone slammed one the ext chutes on his hand. Got everything but the thumb. Drove truck til he retired.

He could float a slab like no body’s business for cash money.

Luckily when i came into the oilfield spinning chains were done with. Air / hydraulic tongs were used by then.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Trigger finger! Shot first joint out with a 22! Doctors fused bone back together.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Old colored fellow in town used to drive a concrete truck. Someone slammed one the ext chutes on his hand. Got everything but the thumb. Drove truck til he retired.

He could float a slab like no body’s business for cash money.

Luckily when i came into the oilfield spinning chains were done with. Air / hydraulic tongs were used by then.

Did you have air slips or were they still using hand slips?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When i was 7 or 8 i got my hand slammed in the door to the house.

I lost the end of my ring finger on the right hand.

They put it in a rag soaked in kerosene and the Doc's taped it back on after cleaning it up.

The nail grows weird and they told me 10 or so years ago that my body was trying to reject the meat under the nail.

Over the years i have had to put up with it cracking and bleeding bad.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both. GOM.

Drilling was mostly hand slips. Though when i left drilling side they were starting to use jumping jacks.

Completion was usually air slips. ESP dual string.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Took care of a guy in my medic days who fell off the top of a tanker truck. Caught his wedding band in a rivet trying to stop himself. In addition to his head injury and broken leg, his ring finger and about 6" of connective tissue was still up on the tanker. Took it to the hospital with us, but no good on re-attachment.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Saw my neighbor frantically trying to get into the front door of his house. I ran over to discover he'd cut off all four fingers on his left hand working on a table saw in his garage. Loaded him into my car wrapped in towels and rushed to the hospital. Luckily my wife found and gathered all 4 fingers in his garage and brought them to the hospital. Doctors sewed all 4 back into place and he regained 90% usefulness of his fingers.

Pretty amazing.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DMc
Saw my neighbor frantically trying to get into the front door of his house. I ran over to discover he'd cut off all four fingers on his left hand working on a table saw in his garage. Loaded him into my car wrapped in towels and rushed to the hospital. Luckily my wife found and gathered all 4 fingers in his garage and brought them to the hospital. Doctors sewed all 4 back into place and he regained 90% usefulness of his fingers.

Pretty amazing.

Good man and good neighbor. Feel bad for the guy. [bleep] happens man. It's not always a matter of intelligence or a lack of, just rushing to get it done . SLOW THE F DOWN AND PREPARE. Triple check is what I tell myself every time especially since my last angle grinder incident.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DMc

Pretty amazing.

Good man and good neighbor. Feel bad for the guy. [bleep] happens man. It's not always a matter of intelligence or a lack of, just rushing to get it done . SLOW THE F DOWN AND PREPARE. Triple check is what I tell myself every time especially since my last angle grinder incident.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wife’s uncle is missing his right forearm to the elbow...farm equipment... my grandfather and my cousin were setting fence posts one day, somehow my cousin didn’t see that Gramps stopped for a moment with his hand on top of the post...took off two fingers with the post maul.

When I first started working in the machine trades in the early seventies it was common to see older machinists from the line shaft days missing fingers, very common.

There was a guy I once worked with who lost both his little fingers to ouch presses. Scuttlebutt was both incidents were intentional...for the money.

Mathew 22: 37-39

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
My brother lost his left hand ring finger at the palm in '85 or so at an AC/DC show at the Worcester Centrum. Was being unruly--as usual--and got into it with several event security types on the floor mid-show. Long story short, as he was making his escape from the violent encounter, at a full run, slipped on the beer-soaked tarp that covered the stadium floor. In an effort to stay on two feet as he was falling he reached up to grab hold of a steel barrier between seating sections made of maybe 2" pipe put together with nuts and bolts and clamps. Well, his HS ring got caught on a bolt hanging off the barrier and in medical terms, 'de-gloved' his finger. Stripped all meat, connective tissue and skin like ripping off a sock. What came off looked as if someone had taken a pair of shears and snipped a finger off a leather glove. What remained on his hand was a chalk white, skeletonized finger bone. He grabbed the sheath off the floor, stuck it back where it came from and kept fighting. Before going into surgery the doc promised that in no circumstances would they take off the finger. When he awoke he discovered, much to his chagrin, that his doc lied. No mo' finger. He sometimes will curse and whack his hand against his knee or whatever. Phantom limb sensations, like an itch on a digit that has been gone for 30 years...

Last edited by kamo_gari; 02/23/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The one guy I knew that lost a finger was, of all people, Neil Armstrong.

Neil was teaching at U.C. I was a Broadcasting Major. November of my Freshman year, Neil was at his Dad's place up in Wapakoneta and went to jump down off a combine. His wedding ring caught and tore the finger off. They stitched it back on. Shortly after that, I started crossing paths with him on my way to class, and for the next 3 years, we'd see each other twice a week or so.

It wasn't much. It was just a Hi and Hello kind of thing. I'd always ask how the finger was doing. He had this monstrous cast on the arm. It must have been a bear to live with. By the time I graduated, the cast was off and he was starting to regain movement.

That taught me one thing: don't wear your wedding ring around the farm. When I got the farm in 2001, I made a point of taking my wedding ring off whenever I was going to there. Sure enough, one day I was trying to get a cooler of venison out of the chest freezer and thing slipped. If I had been wearing the ring, I'd have lost the finger for sure. As it was, I just lost skin on top of the knuckle. I wrote Neil to thank him, but he was close to death at the time. I don't think he saw it.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wedding rings. Got mine caught in conveyors at work two different times. Both times just minor damage to the finger, but after the second time, took it off never to be worn again. It was a point of contention with the wife for a short while but I sure as hell wasn't going to try my luck a third time.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Pops lost index and middle finger tips on one hand.
When he flips you off he has to give you the extension (other hand thumb and forefinger over stub finger to extend that which was removed).
Pretty funny.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/23/20.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Guy at tool room got a finger snagged in mill.
Medical bandaged it.
He had to explain what happened to management/safety.
So he showed em, and reached in with bandaged finger..........which was promptly removed.

Can't make this chit up.
Skilled trades............LOL

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I gave the wrong guy the finger once - and I damn near lost it.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
A few scars, but I have all mine, yet. Right hand fingers are still a bit cold sensitive from being frostbitten getting the snow machine out of an overflow out of Kotzebue, 4 or 5 years ago. The tips were numb for a while, but the nerves seem to be re-generating pretty well, if slowly. Feeling is now restored when warm, but go numb quickly when cold, but not as bad as at first.

My landlord up there has no feeling in some of his finger tips from same cause. It seems permanent for him, as it has been many years.

Best friend growing up lost his right thumb when a tractor power take-off grabbed his glove. Didn't affect his shooting any tho. He also has a nasty scar on the same arm (right), from wrist to elbow, gotten when he neglected to let go of a water-ski tow rope and used a parked boat to arrest his progress on "landing".

Last edited by las; 02/23/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.