Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
My workplace is in Oregon. Weed is legal in Oregon. But it sure as hell is not legal in my workplace.

We "weed out" about thirty percent of prospective hires because they can not pass the thirty day piss test.

All our new hires come through a temp service. Temp service says they piss clean before they send them over. We test 'em again at thirty days and roll 'em over to our payroll. You would think a jackass could go thirty days drug free when a $17/hour starting pay job with free medical, 15 days sick leave/year, vacation, pension, and 401K matching was on the line.

Typically only 20% make it ninety days and half of those are gone within 12 months. I guess a guy does not worry about cash flow when he lives in Mommy's basement, and she makes his car and insurance payments.

One thing Oregon's weed has has done for Idaho. The Idaho State Patrol is generating a ton of revenue with traffic stops on cars coming into Idaho from Oregon. The freeway is now patrolled by K9 units. If the dog alerts on the suspect vehicle, the driver is toast.

Apparently many dope smokers are not smart enough to obey traffic laws once they cross the border with their contraband.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
One thing Oregon's weed has has done for Idaho. The Idaho State Patrol is generating a ton of revenue with traffic stops on cars coming into Idaho from Oregon. The freeway is now patrolled by K9 units. If the dog alerts on the suspect vehicle, the driver is toast.
The Idaho State Patrol...like all other State Patrol’s...exists to generate revenue. That is their primary mandate...under the guise of monitoring and enforcing safety on state and federal highways.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
The Idaho State Patrol...like all other State Patrol’s...exists to generate revenue. That is their primary mandate...under the guise of monitoring and enforcing safety on state and federal highways.

A complete waste of tax dollars,

The new arrest data, released Monday by the FBI, comes at a time when nearly 30 states allow the drug for medical use and eight have legalized it recreationally.

"It's really shocking in this era that these numbers are so high," said Maria McFarland Sánchez-Moreno, executive director of Drug Policy Alliance. "It really makes you question why law enforcement is wasting resources and locking people up for personal use of marijuana."

The statistic is not only telling for those targeted by the war on drugs, it's also costly for taxpayers who footed the bill for about 587,700 people to make their way through the criminal justice system last year.

A study found that in 2010, when busts reached about 750,000, the cost of arrests amounted to more than $3.6 billion—and Sánchez-Moreno says the cost is still in the billions, even though overall arrests are down 20 percent since their peak.

And that's not even counting the cost of lost work time and the lingering financial burden of having a criminal record that stunts future employment opportunities, she added.

It all comes as 57 percent of voters think legalization of pot would make society better, according to a poll released in August. The same poll said 86 percent of Americans believe weed should be legalized in some capacity.

https://www.newsweek.com/pot-arrests-rising-and-youre-paying-millions-it-671478

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CEoW717
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
All illegal drug use starts with marijuana. All alcoholics start drinking as a teenager before their body is ready. Statistics show if you wait until 21 to drink, you never become an alcoholic. Drug use usually starts as teens also. Most homos start with the wrong sex first as a teen. Starting with the opposite sex first time, most never go the other way.

Keep your kids straight.
Wow. Just wow.
Dixie Dude is right.

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
What most fail to relize, or choose to ignore, is those that smoke pot have never cared if it was legal! Making it legal just let them have better access! Legal or not they will smoke. So what is best for the country as a whole. Taxing and monitoring, or black market sales! States rights also play a roll in the picture, for those who believe in the constitution. I live in Oregon and haven't noticed much change since legalization. Then again I live on the east side where less liberals reside. My city held out on allowing sales for a year or two, then caved when the tax revenue reports came out, showing massive revenue enhancement in other counties. It is a sad state of affairs!

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
I smell weed everywhere.
At the stoplights in town.
Seen folks smoke while walking down the sidewalk.
Hell, smell it at work (Friday or 3rd shift).

Don't care what people do.
Kinda keep an eye out.

Pretty funny, they all look like losers.
Shocker I know.

one of the many things i don't like about it, it stinks

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

If they just fine anyone caught in possession about $10,000, confiscate and sell their car, and their house if drugs are present there, and execute anyone convicted of participating in distribution or sales, .gov just might turn a profit on it and slow down the growth of the trade.

I am a fan. That [bleep] does more harm to the Republic than G Soros, the Clintons, Obama, Hollywood, and all their minions put together.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If they just fine anyone caught in possession about $10,000, confiscate and sell their car, and their house if drugs are present there, and execute anyone convicted of participating in distribution or sales, .gov just might turn a profit on it and slow down the growth of the trade.

I am a fan. That [bleep] does more harm to the Republic than G Soros, the Clintons, Obama, Hollywood, and all their minions put together.

That is so far off base, so seriously out there I don't even know what to say

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The answer is NOT to make even more people homeless, and to put even more citizens in jail, and to steal even more of their money and possessions from them. And they rarely even execute murderers in this country.
That [bleep] does more harm to the Republic than G Soros, the Clintons, Obama, Hollywood, and all their minions put together.
Alcohol has done WAY more harm to the Republic than “that [bleep]” ever has or ever will.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
No wonder young folks hate the boomers these days. I'm a boomer myself but I come here and read the stupid crap posted by all the retarded ass hole boomers here and I fuggin hate them myself. Mind you own goddam business and STFU.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 700LH

That is so far off base, so seriously out there I don't even know what to say

Originally Posted by antlers
The answer is NOT to make even more people homeless, and to put even more citizens in jail, and to steal even more of their money and possessions from them. And they rarely even execute murderers in this country.
That [bleep] does more harm to the Republic than G Soros, the Clintons, Obama, Hollywood, and all their minions put together.
Alcohol has done WAY more harm to the Republic than “that [bleep]” ever has or ever will.

And Alcohol did the most damage when it was illegal.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
People still smoke pot?
That's odd. I thought everyone was doing edibles.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I guess we could follow Europe's example and put dispensaries of opioids on the street corners. It has worked out so well for them.

Or we could set up a couple more .gov agencies. One agency to hand out any preferred intoxicant free of charge. And another agency to dispose of the bodies.

It would probably quickly reduce the Democrat population of the nation. And it would put the Mexican cartels out of business. Win/Win

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Blackheart
No wonder young folks hate the boomers these days. I'm a boomer myself but I come here and read the stupid crap posted by all the retarded ass hole boomers here and I fuggin hate them myself. Mind you own goddam business and STFU.

The STFU works both ways! Opinions and conversation something you are opposed too, or just the stupid big fines, impoundments and such! Young folks don't like old people because their young! They will come around.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"I was shooting my guns the other day on my 1 acre ranch and my fooking neighbors called the law on me!"

"I thought I smelt pot wafting over from my neighbor's house so I called the law and they sent a SWAT team out and killed that f u c ker and his wife. His two baby daughters are now in foster care. Good riddance!"

You can really understand why things are the way they are by reading this forum.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 02/23/20.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not a smoker myself, but it's a fair bet that many users also ingested mashed potatoes and gravy in their early years. I'm sure there is a statistically significant (P<0.05) correlation there.

Now that it's no big deal here (Oregon), I'm amazed at the number of seniors that own up to being users. Never see them buzzed, but appears to help them with some chronic pain issues with about a once a week session.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/23/20.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

you might want to check and see if the govt has a " Vindictive Zhar" position available. Maybe even get to shoot some ruby ridge-ers if they don't agree with you. Janet Reno would be proud.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
"I was shooting my guns the other day on my 1 acre ranch and my fooking neighbors called the law on me!"

"I thought I smelt pot wafting over from my neighbor's house so I called the law and they sent a SWAT team out and killed that f u c ker and his wife. His two baby daughters are now in foster care. Good riddance!"

You can really understand why things are the way they are by reading this forum.
You sure can.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only thing that ever changes is the date....

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Good God man, have you no conscious?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,244
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.