Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If it is spondylitis it is extremely painful. It makes a bad gout flare seem like a cakewalk. My dog could tell when I was about to have a bad flare. She would come up and start trying to lick one of my legs. When it was bad she'd whimper and try to be right by me.

I didn't realize how helpful she was until she was gone. She's the one that helped others see I wasn't kidding when I said I was in a lot of pain. Before I was diagnosed I felt like the dog was the only one who believed how bad it hurt.

She did pretty well on my prednisone until the last week. I think the tumors started blocking her stomach. I couldn't handle watching her be up all night throwing up white foam. I started giving her steroid injections when she couldn't hold the pills down. When the vet said her stomach was blocked I had to call it.

Bb

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best post of the day. Got me to thinking about dogs no longer with me, although I have plenty of pics here and at hunting camp, of all of them. Screen saver is of the big black lab that I miss the most, stretched out asleep on the cabin sofa. Paws under chin, up on the sofa arm. 28" at the shoulder in his prime, 135lbs of solid muscle. Most laid back lab we've ever had and a true companion.

Biggest lap dog we've ever had, although she denied him her lap when he hit 100lbs, so he'd paw at her leg and whimper to be let on her lap..Failing that, he'd just jump up on mine, or my son's lap.

eek

Hardest dog I've ever had to say goodbye to. Took his last sleep at the vet's, me sitting on floor, dog in lap.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
he was up in years, but commie dog food killed the last family dog we had, 2005 or 6

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
been dogless since petey, my dad still has one beagle and a wiener dog mix, the fox more than enough to deal with.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by renegade50
Dogs...........

Anyone who doesn't like dogs and see them as companions in life is fugged in the head big time if ya ask me.

For real.

Amen to that👍.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
People love their dogs!!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
All I know, is if you lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car, and come back 3 hours later, only one of them is going to be happy to see you! I've always had dogs, they're great! It is super tough when they go, they certainly become one of the family. Our old girl, Molly, just turned 11 and she's slowing down but still a joy to have around.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm with my dad's dog all day at work or with our two little couch hounds here at home. Literally around dogs 24/7/365.

This morning Whitey ended up riding with me for a couple hours in the ol' 4450 while we fed the hay chopper.

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]

I think this was last week. He hates looking directly into the camera...

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ours just turned 14 on Jan 15th. Had a pancreatitis scare a couple weeks ago that is now under control with a prescription diet. She is family and it’s going to be really hard to let her go when it’s her time. She’s our once in a lifetime dog and I think it will be a long time before we have another, if ever. It’s pretty clear to me that our creator had the connection/communication/companionship between humans and dogs in mind when he created them. I don’t think it exists on the same level with any other creature. There are only a few people in the world I’d rather hang with than my pup.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have had dogs all my life.I loved all of them.I have two right now that get pissed if I don`t give them ice cream when I am eating some.I have a whole shelf of Doggies ashes in containers that will get scattered with me when I croak.I will get some more older dogs when these guys go cause I just could not live without a 4 legged buddy.Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My Dad just had his old dog put down two weeks ago. Sadly, he says it will be his last one. He butchered his last two home-raised beef steers this past fall.

My Dad is 88. He's never been without a dog companion since his youngest days as a kid on a poor dirt farm. This is also the first time that he has been without raising a farm animal of some type since he started with ducks at age 5.

I can kinda tell--it won't be long that I'll be without a Dad for the first time in my life too.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
My Dad just had his old dog put down two weeks ago. Sadly, he says it will be his last one. He butchered his last two home-raised beef steers this past fall.

My Dad is 88. He's never been without a dog companion since his youngest days as a kid on a poor dirt farm. This is also the first time that he has been without raising a farm animal of some type since he started with ducks at age 5.

I can kinda tell--it won't be long that I'll be without a Dad for the first time in my life too.

Sad story.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Dogs...........

Anyone who doesn't like dogs and see them as companions in life is fugged in the head big time if ya ask me.

For real.

Yep

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My grandfather with one of his Black and Tans.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cool pic

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spell God backwards and there you have it!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Spell God backwards and there you have it!

Hahaha. Great.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are good dogs and really great dogs, good dogs ain't hard to find, great dogs are a gift from God, but they all leave a mark.

Tarna, the little heeler mutt in my avatar was such a gift, you watch 'em get older and dread each passing year.

The thing is, in that photo, she quickly figured out on her own that when you pointed a phone at her you wanted her to pose, so there she is.

I'm going the ashes route with her too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
My grandfather with one of his Black and Tans.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hound breeds been around a loooooooooooooong time.
They seem to really enjoy people. Almost to an extreme, which aint a bad thing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MadMooner
A co-worker isn’t a dog fan. His dying mother trusted him to take care of her dog. Before she passed he gave the dog up and lied to his mom.

Even worse, he likes comic books.

He’s a Bernie Sanders guy.........

Unfugging real......

If someone fessed up some schitt like that to me.
I would liquid exlax that fugga,s drinks anytime I could.
For his mom and her dog...

Guys like him are why there is a hell... As for you, glad to hear that your Cookie is doing better, I've sure had sleepless nights with sick, old dogs before, some that didn't bring good news with the dawn either, but that's how it goes and if we're honest with ourselves, we know that going into the deal, so to speak. I won't be soon in forgetting the Saturday night, Sunday morning spent on the den floor with my dying Collie boy, Milo. He had been deaf for a year or two, but suffered some kind of stroke that day that had struck him blind as well. He seemed so scared, I just stayed there with him through the hours, petting him, or at least touching his head or his paws, so he would know he was not alone.
Thanks for sharing the Greek history, I don't recall being aware of their care for their pets, that's really cool.
Going to hit Post Reply and go pay attention to my much younger Collie boy, Brody, who seems to think all of my day should be spent playing tug rope with him, while he "accidentally" misses the rope and clamps down on my hand. I presume he just doesn't know how long his snout is, and so he just "mis-judges" the distance... yeah... that's it...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
110 members (35, 32_20fan, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,409 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.