Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They had to add more "stick" approach to gain control. You get sick of carrots over time

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 02/24/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
BP-B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT
The bible is not very clear on what it teaches. There are verses that support eternal torment and there are verses that support death for the damned. Just as there are verses that support universal salvation and verses that support salvation only for the elect.

Almost as if it had different authors at different times, who were pushing different doctrines for different purposes, How strange!!

Very strange indeed. You'd think that Constantine and all the councils that followed would have done a better job of compilation and editing. Perhaps they thought it wouldn't matter because most people would not read it critically.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Lennie
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by Blueboy
Put your finger on a hot stove eye....immediately you know what hell will feel like (according to my Bible it is burning pit, so must be hot) and when you take that last breath and your body functions has stopped...and you do not believe in HIM.....immediately you will fill that hot stove eye, only all over your body.... and forever and forever non stop pain.....that not good.

in India,( population 1.4 billion and counting) people believe in a plethora of gods, some with extra arms , some have elephant heads, some ride tigers...

India's Gods

is that same unending torture going to be applied to people who only ever knew India's gods and didnt know about Christ?

During the time the Savior was in the tomb, He preached his gospel to the spirits of the dead. Hence it is obvious a plan exists for those who do not receive
his message in mortality.
1 Peter 3:18-19
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the  unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to  death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and  preached unto the  spirits in prison;

1 Peter 4:6
6 For for this cause was the  gospel  preached also to them that are dead, that they might be  judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit

Paul taught, that everyone who is born, will be resurrected and receive a body of flesh and bones just like the savior had when He was resurrected Paul wrote the 15th chapter of Corinthians to prove there is resurrection.
1 Cor. 15:21-22
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the  resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in  Adam all  die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Luke 24:36-40
36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them,  Peace be unto you. 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do  thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:  handle me, and see; for a  spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet

Great post. Thanks.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Then he will say to those on his left, “Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. . . . And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, “where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched

They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might, when he comes on that day to be ....

And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.

thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. . . . Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/24/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by antlers
I think people will exist eternally...with or without God. I think we were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin...or we will exist eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. I think to be eternally separated from God is hell....and to be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. I do think Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.
But, if the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of a divine reward...or the avoidance of a divine punishment...those seem to be pretty self-centered motivations.

You've had some good posts lately.

For sure.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lennie
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by Blueboy
Put your finger on a hot stove eye....immediately you know what hell will feel like (according to my Bible it is burning pit, so must be hot) and when you take that last breath and your body functions has stopped...and you do not believe in HIM.....immediately you will fill that hot stove eye, only all over your body.... and forever and forever non stop pain.....that not good.

in India,( population 1.4 billion and counting) people believe in a plethora of gods, some with extra arms , some have elephant heads, some ride tigers...

India's Gods

is that same unending torture going to be applied to people who only ever knew India's gods and didnt know about Christ?

During the time the Savior was in the tomb, He preached his gospel to the spirits of the dead. Hence it is obvious a plan exists for those who do not receive
his message in mortality.
1 Peter 3:18-19
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the  unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to  death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and  preached unto the  spirits in prison;

1 Peter 4:6
6 For for this cause was the  gospel  preached also to them that are dead, that they might be  judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit

Paul taught, that everyone who is born, will be resurrected and receive a body of flesh and bones just like the savior had when He was resurrected Paul wrote the 15th chapter of Corinthians to prove there is resurrection.
1 Cor. 15:21-22
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the  resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in  Adam all  die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Luke 24:36-40
36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them,  Peace be unto you. 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do  thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:  handle me, and see; for a  spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet

I see that as saying, "I told you so." Hebrews says, "It is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement." No second chance once you die.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
The bible is not very clear on what it teaches. There are verses that support eternal torment and there are verses that support death for the damned. Just as there are verses that support universal salvation and verses that support salvation only for the elect.

Only for the less than serious student. God is quite clear He hates the wicked. He is quite clear He says some people are His enemies.
He also says He wants all to come to repentance. The ball is in the person's court. God waits for our reaction.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

And if you really read it, the human dead are not in Heaven or Hell at this time. The saved are lying in their grave awaiting the 2'nd coming.

God's Word teaches "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." There is no waiting in the grave.
Even Jesus couldn't be any clearer when He spoke of the rich man and the poor man in Abraham's bosom. They were aware of their surroundings and not "sleeping".

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Yes,once again "second death".

And if you really read it, the human dead are not in Heaven or Hell at this time. The saved are lying in their grave awaiting the 2'nd coming.

After Satan has been chained for 1000 years after the second coming, then shall occur the third coming and the resurrection of non-rightous human dead and Armageddon as Satan and his minions lay siege to the Holy City of Heaven on Earth.

It is all layed out quite simply in the first few verses of Rev 20.

So Rev 20 states quite clearly that we are at least 1000 years and two "Comings of Christ" away from Armegeddon.

Unless, of course, there is an error or falsehood contained within the writings of the Bible.

Even with that interpretation....it could hardly be called just to condemn people to the death penalty for the mere condition of a lack of conviction. Human justice is not that brutal. A God of Love, being omniscient and omnipotent could do no less than apply universal salvation.

''For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,'' - Titus 2:11

''For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.'' -
1 Timothy 4:10

''For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.'' - Romans 11:32

''And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'' - Luke 3:6

Again your arrogance is showing. You, a finite man, are judging an Eternal Being as though you are an equal.
You want Titus to stand alone, but God says He wants all to come to repentance.
The verse in Timothy is really easy to understand if you aren't always looking for a reason to condemn God. Did not God save you for years giving you a chance to repent.
Read the rest of Romans. You find God has mercy on some and condemn others.
All will see the salvation of God and every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. It will just be too late for most.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Very strange indeed. You'd think that Constantine and all the councils that followed would have done a better job of compilation and editing. Perhaps they thought it wouldn't matter because most people would not read it critically.

You need to read the history of the New Testament. I posted one of our .com friend's post which was very clear on this subject. I'm sure you saw it.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by NH K9
I’m not so sure.
Those folks all kinda know the chance is there. I’d guess if they ‘come to’ in hell it won’t be much of a shock about location.

Yep. It probly wont be them who gnash their teeth.

Exactly.
It’ll be all the ‘good christians’: the hypocrites, the arrogant who love to sit in judgment, etc who will be trying to figure out WTF happened.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from memesmonkey.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
There are no chopper pilots down in hell.

I’d say they flew up to the Halls to join their Brothers.
Probably didn’t even need the Valkyries’ help.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Those that go. Find a way to get back to us, and let us know how it turned out.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

God's Word teaches "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." There is no waiting in the grave.
Even Jesus couldn't be any clearer when He spoke of the rich man and the poor man in Abraham's bosom. They were aware of their surroundings and not "sleeping".

That's not what the Jews believe.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Yes,once again "second death".

After Satan has been chained for 1000 years after the second coming, then shall occur the third coming and the resurrection of non-rightous human dead and Armageddon as Satan and his minions lay siege to the Holy City of Heaven on Earth.

It is all layed out quite simply in the first few verses of Rev 20.

So Rev 20 states quite clearly that we are at least 1000 years and two "Comings of Christ" away from Armegeddon.

Unless, of course, there is an error or falsehood contained within the writings of the Bible.

Even with that interpretation....it could hardly be called just to condemn people to the death penalty for the mere condition of a lack of conviction. Human justice is not that brutal. A God of Love, being omniscient and omnipotent could do no less than apply universal salvation.

''For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,'' - Titus 2:11

''For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.'' -
1 Timothy 4:10

''For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.'' - Romans 11:32

''And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'' - Luke 3:6

Again your arrogance is showing. You, a finite man, are judging an Eternal Being as though you are an equal.
You want Titus to stand alone, but God says He wants all to come to repentance.
The verse in Timothy is really easy to understand if you aren't always looking for a reason to condemn God. Did not God save you for years giving you a chance to repent.
Read the rest of Romans. You find God has mercy on some and condemn others.
All will see the salvation of God and every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. It will just be too late for most.

Titus and Timothy.....

The most forged of the forged books attributed to "Paul".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by hanco
My hell will be cold, and loud.

You're moving to MN?

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

That's not what the Jews believe.

Iirc, Obammy said, "Just believe".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I want no part of the place.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
829 members (10gaugemag, 12308300, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 84 invisible), 3,260 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,195
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.