Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hell? 🤣🤣🤣

Ever been cussed out for buying the wrong Bible?

Oh the irony.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT
The bible is not very clear on what it teaches. There are verses that support eternal torment and there are verses that support death for the damned. Just as there are verses that support universal salvation and verses that support salvation only for the elect.

Almost as if it had different authors at different times, who were pushing different doctrines for different purposes, How strange!!

Very strange indeed. You'd think that Constantine and all the councils that followed would have done a better job of compilation and editing. Perhaps they thought it wouldn't matter because most people would not read it critically.

Almost like, only the priests were even allowed to read it. OH!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by Blueboy
Put your finger on a hot stove eye....immediately you know what hell will feel like (according to my Bible it is burning pit, so must be hot) and when you take that last breath and your body functions has stopped...and you do not believe in HIM.....immediately you will fill that hot stove eye, only all over your body.... and forever and forever non stop pain.....that not good.

in India,( population 1.4 billion and counting) people believe in a plethora of gods, some with extra arms , some have elephant heads, some ride tigers...

India's Gods

is that same unending torture going to be applied to people who only ever knew India's gods and didnt know about Christ?

Yes because God is love.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Infinite punishment and torture for finite transgressions. Sounds fair to me.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I know one thing, I don't want to go there...

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
The bible is not very clear on what it teaches. There are verses that support eternal torment and there are verses that support death for the damned. Just as there are verses that support universal salvation and verses that support salvation only for the elect.

Only for the less than serious student. God is quite clear He hates the wicked. He is quite clear He says some people are His enemies.
He also says He wants all to come to repentance. The ball is in the person's court. God waits for our reaction.

The more serious student? Or someone who reads through the filter of their faith and so not recognising obvious logical contradictions and inconsistencies?

It is clear that it is the latter.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by dassa
Put your finger on a hot stove eye....immediately you know what hell will feel like (according to my Bible it is burning pit, so must be hot) and when you take that last breath and your body functions has stopped...and you do not believe in HIM.....immediately you will fill that hot stove eye, only all over your body.... and forever and forever non stop pain.....that not good.

in India,( population 1.4 billion and counting) people believe in a plethora of gods, some with extra arms , some have elephant heads, some ride tigers...

India's Gods

is that same unending torture going to be applied to people who only ever knew India's gods and didnt know about Christ?

Yes because God is love.

We already have a word for love.....it's love....no good reason to change the label...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Almost as if it had different authors at different times, who were pushing different doctrines for different purposes, How strange!!

Very strange indeed. You'd think that Constantine and all the councils that followed would have done a better job of compilation and editing. Perhaps they thought it wouldn't matter because most people would not read it critically.

Almost like, only the priests were even allowed to read it. OH!

Many do read the bible now....yet fail to recognise the contradictions, inconsistencies and moral dilemmas. Quite astonishing really.

Last edited by DBT; 02/24/20.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dassa

India's Gods

Yes because God is love.

We already have a word for love.....it's love....no good reason to change the label...

Apparently it is an act of love to torture or kill - depending on which verses you read - your wayward children. Eternal torment or the death penalty for mere lack of conviction where conviction is not justified, just on threat....believe this or you'll be killed or tormented forever.

Eternal consequences for a trivial condition either way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The devil's wife lives across from me.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I shall put it this way, The Lord God Jesus has been very good to me. I'll trust Him to take care of me, and I hope, and pray I never find about Hell.

I wish the same for all you good folks!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The way Canada is going

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by saskfox
The way Canada is going

The way the world is going.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

That is the Bhuddists’ objection to Christian doctrine.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

That is the Bhuddists’ objection to Christian doctrine.

Them Buddhists are gonna be in for a damn rude awakening. 😜

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/24/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are they?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 7 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.