Campfire Kahuna
Already back from surgery?

BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes, good drugs here

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
My niece signed up just to send me a PM.

She wanted to make sure you would see it...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Partsman
Yes, good drugs here

Very good!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50

Does he make money off the sight?????

Jag makes money off sight.

Bin makes money off site.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

Flave said Rick would make a lot more money if he wasn't lazy.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
To nobody in particular

There is a lot of us here that don't post much that don't sit on here all day flapping our gums,
just enjoy reading and watching a lot of guys make an ass out of themselves day after day.

Cheap entertainment!

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Duckhunter
To nobody in particular

There is a lot of us here that don't post much that don't sit on here all day flapping our gums,
just enjoy reading and watching a lot of guys make an ass out of themselves day after day.

Cheap entertainment!

Glad I am here for you!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by joken2

ch

https://www.sovrn.com/blog/publisher-spotlight-24-hour-campfire/

Publisher Spotlight: 24 Hour Campfire
sovrnmarketing // April 2, 2013

Rick Bin is a successful Sovrn publisher. As the founder and editor of the popular site 24hourcampfire.com, Rick has been able to provide readers with the values and traditions of the American outdoors.
How did your site get its start?
I founded 24hourcampfire.com in 2000 after taking a job at an Internet startup and realizing that I wanted to build communities. I scratched the HTML code myself, caught lightening in a bottle, and found success. The majority of our members are from the United States, but we definitely have an international component as well. The thinking behind 24hourcampfire.com, is that no matter where you are, you can always sit around the proverbial campfire, and discuss outdoor related topics with anyone at anytime.
How do you learn about your audience and make sure the content is tailored correctly?
Users’ reading habits are moving away from print and towards the web, and obviously the advertising dollars have followed. My editorial philosophy early on was to purchase mainstream articles from the top writers in the outdoor field. The guys you would find in Outdoor Life, for example. The original idea for our forum was to obtain organic commentary on the articles we were posting. We wanted to get the writers to interact with the readers, and that took off right away. The forums began to take on a life of their own, outpacing the content we were purchasing. Now, the forums provide 60-70% of our content. We are advocates for user-generated content and through this mentality, we learn a lot about our readers and what interests them.
How do you manage your forums?
Status quo is never a reality. Monitoring a community and being the “sheriff” means that you have to ride the waves. For the most part, the forums are self-monitored by our member community. This allows members to take ownership of the content, which has been a very successful approach for us. Every once in a while, you have to step in and pull content, but the sense of community on our site has become self-governing. There is an undercurrent of respect and responsibility among our members that is very apparent.
What is one of your greatest achievements with 24hourcampfire.com?
The actual community aspect of the site has been incredible. We see what a community will do for members that are in need, and that really has ended up being the greatest thing. For example, a current member has a daughter with leukemia, and a bunch of other members have been doing all kinds of things to help fund her treatments. People have been posting on free classifieds, and an item that should make $x amount of money, is being purchased for much higher because people know the proceeds are helping another community member. There have been countless examples like this.
What is the best advice you have received during this endeavor?
Don’t rush. You have to give your site time to incubate and develop, and patience is key. Also, as a blogger, you have to learn to be comfortable being hands off. Over-moderation and censorship can be detrimental. While monitoring is important, letting the conversation flow in an organic way definitely helps grow the community.

Read this long ago also
4-5 yrs ago actually.

IMO
Bin has lost 15 to 20% at least of his Benjamin revenue from the site since he started it up.

Why?????

My theory:
The self regulating cliques and gatekeepers that existed.
"Gaurdians of the gate type of schitt"
Getting jollies from running off new members basically over the years up until the past 3 to 5 years.

New members now it seems can establish themselves relatively hassle free if they have some persistence.
I like interacting with new members myself.

I was one of the biggest azzholes on here when I 1st joined.
Been working on being nice or indifferent mostly lately.
Sometimes D bagg ala royale does come out from me occasionally.

Supporting stuff behind my thought about it.
Many of us had ta run the gauntlet back in the day and give out as much as ya got.
Many just came in under the radar just like sheep.
Many came in and settled in.

Then ya have this ta look at........
Every " member" who has a big fat goose egg/ 0 for a post count
Is listed in calander join date order back to the beginning of 24hr campfire time...

Once you get 1 post the calender join date order is no longer sequential.

My setting is at 50 members per page on the user list
From page 720 to the current page 1273
All zero post........
Thats alot of mofo,s......
Either just veiwers once in great great while if at all anymore.
Or driven the fugg away and had 2nd thoughts about even posting once.
Then go into the # of member with post say under the # 5
You can probably geuss alot of them got jumped on by the
Gaurdians of the Galaxy cliques and members and said
"Fugg this place"
That post count # of 5 could probably apply up to a way higher # of members with higher post counts also who said " fugg this place"

The gate keeper cliques and individuals back in the day.
Getting their tee hees and funny ha-ha satisfaction........
Like they accomplished something by driving a NEWB away again.

IMO it had cost Bin alot of income thru hit/ view/ ad revenue.

Dont really know.....
Maybe Bin shoulda jerked at knot in some peoples azz over the years via PM and told em they are affecting his livelyhood by driving people away.

Just my JMO...
All speculation on my part.

Here is a phaggoty azz video clip that sums some schit up....
And I hope it eats at some mofo,s craws on here....

LMFAO!!!!

Like Mick Foley....
"Have a nice day"

Hardy har har har har.....

As to ad revenue, it's about total site traffic, not registered membership numbers:

https://www.thalamus.co/ad_partners/24hourcampfire

Like members that never visit the site dont play into the equation as a negative sum gain.....
and its only lurker and active member #,s that matter hitting the site.

Nice counter point you have somewhat.
But I'm pretty sure Bin would love to have 1/3 of those total # of members with 0 up to say 5 post hitting his site again and making him more benjamins.

I would bet 75% of em under 10 post said fugg this place and never even click on it as a lurker to see what is going on.

All JMO......
Ad nasuem.............

People sign up as members at countless forums and website for a specific purpose, many reasons and as often no reason at all with some rarely ever making a single post or even returning again.

Some may have joined because they were just interested in something in particular listed for sale or wanted in the classified or a story or general information posted.

Then there's the years of countless "sock puppets", "trolls", and unauthorized scammers that join avoiding paying for rights to advertise and then make fake posts with links to their products and websites.

Often too, many forget their original password. Some also changed their original screen handle but all remain on the membership rolls though.

At this very moment besides 747 logged-in registered members the site stats shows 3,230 "guests" which is either non-members and/or members not logged in and 673 "spiders" all at the 24 Campfire forums.

Totally understand it all.
But their is still that revenue lost from those who dont hit the site like I have speculated.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
To nobody in particular

Cheap entertainment!

Glad I am here for you!

We do our best for all!!!

It all helps Bin after all if ya think about it.
Cant begrudge a dude for making a living!!!

Glad he finally did something it seems like about that gawtdamm pop up edge ad...

Jesus "F"ing christ that thing was the debil !!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To nobody in particular

Cheap entertainment!

Glad I am here for you!

We do our best for all!!!

It all helps Bin after all if ya think about it.
Cant begrudge a dude for making a living!!!

Glad he finally did something it seems like about that gawtdamm pop up edge ad...

Jesus "F"ing christ that thing was the debil !!!

If the ads were more focused and less obtrusive, I wouldn't use an ad disabling function. Hell, Facebook ads are far better targeted than what pops up here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Took me a while to learn to behave here
Rick gave me time
I appreciate his style of running the site

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Partsman
Yes, good drugs here

Hey! ya woke up........Good day aye.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

The Flave knows about hard work. His wife gives him a list every morning.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by ironbender
My niece signed up just to send me a PM.

She wanted to make sure you would see it...

Ya.
She was sitting next to me at the time.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

ch

https://www.sovrn.com/blog/publisher-spotlight-24-hour-campfire/

Publisher Spotlight: 24 Hour Campfire
sovrnmarketing // April 2, 2013

Rick Bin is a successful Sovrn publisher. As the founder and editor of the popular site 24hourcampfire.com, Rick has been able to provide readers with the values and traditions of the American outdoors.
How did your site get its start?
I founded 24hourcampfire.com in 2000 after taking a job at an Internet startup and realizing that I wanted to build communities. I scratched the HTML code myself, caught lightening in a bottle, and found success. The majority of our members are from the United States, but we definitely have an international component as well. The thinking behind 24hourcampfire.com, is that no matter where you are, you can always sit around the proverbial campfire, and discuss outdoor related topics with anyone at anytime.
How do you learn about your audience and make sure the content is tailored correctly?
Users’ reading habits are moving away from print and towards the web, and obviously the advertising dollars have followed. My editorial philosophy early on was to purchase mainstream articles from the top writers in the outdoor field. The guys you would find in Outdoor Life, for example. The original idea for our forum was to obtain organic commentary on the articles we were posting. We wanted to get the writers to interact with the readers, and that took off right away. The forums began to take on a life of their own, outpacing the content we were purchasing. Now, the forums provide 60-70% of our content. We are advocates for user-generated content and through this mentality, we learn a lot about our readers and what interests them.
How do you manage your forums?
Status quo is never a reality. Monitoring a community and being the “sheriff” means that you have to ride the waves. For the most part, the forums are self-monitored by our member community. This allows members to take ownership of the content, which has been a very successful approach for us. Every once in a while, you have to step in and pull content, but the sense of community on our site has become self-governing. There is an undercurrent of respect and responsibility among our members that is very apparent.
What is one of your greatest achievements with 24hourcampfire.com?
The actual community aspect of the site has been incredible. We see what a community will do for members that are in need, and that really has ended up being the greatest thing. For example, a current member has a daughter with leukemia, and a bunch of other members have been doing all kinds of things to help fund her treatments. People have been posting on free classifieds, and an item that should make $x amount of money, is being purchased for much higher because people know the proceeds are helping another community member. There have been countless examples like this.
What is the best advice you have received during this endeavor?
Don’t rush. You have to give your site time to incubate and develop, and patience is key. Also, as a blogger, you have to learn to be comfortable being hands off. Over-moderation and censorship can be detrimental. While monitoring is important, letting the conversation flow in an organic way definitely helps grow the community.

Read this long ago also
4-5 yrs ago actually.

IMO
Bin has lost 15 to 20% at least of his Benjamin revenue from the site since he started it up.

Why?????

My theory:
The self regulating cliques and gatekeepers that existed.
"Gaurdians of the gate type of schitt"
Getting jollies from running off new members basically over the years up until the past 3 to 5 years.

New members now it seems can establish themselves relatively hassle free if they have some persistence.
I like interacting with new members myself.

I was one of the biggest azzholes on here when I 1st joined.
Been working on being nice or indifferent mostly lately.
Sometimes D bagg ala royale does come out from me occasionally.

Supporting stuff behind my thought about it.
Many of us had ta run the gauntlet back in the day and give out as much as ya got.
Many just came in under the radar just like sheep.
Many came in and settled in.

Then ya have this ta look at........
Every " member" who has a big fat goose egg/ 0 for a post count
Is listed in calander join date order back to the beginning of 24hr campfire time...

Once you get 1 post the calender join date order is no longer sequential.

My setting is at 50 members per page on the user list
From page 720 to the current page 1273
All zero post........
Thats alot of mofo,s......
Either just veiwers once in great great while if at all anymore.
Or driven the fugg away and had 2nd thoughts about even posting once.
Then go into the # of member with post say under the # 5
You can probably geuss alot of them got jumped on by the
Gaurdians of the Galaxy cliques and members and said
"Fugg this place"
That post count # of 5 could probably apply up to a way higher # of members with higher post counts also who said " fugg this place"

The gate keeper cliques and individuals back in the day.
Getting their tee hees and funny ha-ha satisfaction........
Like they accomplished something by driving a NEWB away again.

IMO it had cost Bin alot of income thru hit/ view/ ad revenue.

Dont really know.....
Maybe Bin shoulda jerked at knot in some peoples azz over the years via PM and told em they are affecting his livelyhood by driving people away.

Just my JMO...
All speculation on my part.

Here is a phaggoty azz video clip that sums some schit up....
And I hope it eats at some mofo,s craws on here....

LMFAO!!!!

Like Mick Foley....
"Have a nice day"

Hardy har har har har.....

As to ad revenue, it's about total site traffic, not registered membership numbers:

https://www.thalamus.co/ad_partners/24hourcampfire

Like members that never visit the site dont play into the equation as a negative sum gain.....
and its only lurker and active member #,s that matter hitting the site.

Nice counter point you have somewhat.
But I'm pretty sure Bin would love to have 1/3 of those total # of members with 0 up to say 5 post hitting his site again and making him more benjamins.

I would bet 75% of em under 10 post said fugg this place and never even click on it as a lurker to see what is going on.

All JMO......
Ad nasuem.............

People sign up as members at countless forums and website for a specific purpose, many reasons and as often no reason at all with some rarely ever making a single post or even returning again.

Some may have joined because they were just interested in something in particular listed for sale or wanted in the classified or a story or general information posted.

Then there's the years of countless "sock puppets", "trolls", and unauthorized scammers that join avoiding paying for rights to advertise and then make fake posts with links to their products and websites.

Often too, many forget their original password. Some also changed their original screen handle but all remain on the membership rolls though.

At this very moment besides 747 logged-in registered members the site stats shows 3,230 "guests" which is either non-members and/or members not logged in and 673 "spiders" all at the 24 Campfire forums.

Totally understand it all.
But their is still that revenue lost from those who dont hit the site like I have speculated.

A measure of revenue loss is just a part of any business...

Customers come and go for various reasons. Some may be one timers or short timers, some become regulars and some are just lookers but more new ones show up every day.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Fugggg

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Talk like that will get you the boot.

But if you want to throw around racial slurs in thread titles, have at it. You're golden.

Unless they involve asian women. then you might get a restriction.

MAGA
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Thank you Kingston for correcting me for my misuse and total butchery of the word.

AKA: English language OBERSTURMGRUPPENFUHER who sold me a pretty decent scope with great trepidation.....
laugh crazy laugh
P.S.
It's the one on my Savage 220.

Last edited by renegade50; 02/24/20. Reason: Had ta correct da word " totally to total" LOL!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Hopefully he makes a lot scratch. I wouldn’t want to moderate here

Originally Posted by tedthorn
He makes money or he wouldn't do it......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
148 members (257_X_50, 338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 1minute, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,974 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,650
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.