Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Tobacco junkie. All of it. Cigarettes, cigars, dip, chew, even powdered snuff, but I'm a wintergreen guy. Strongest wintergreen dip is what I've probably spent my life's past time in pursuit of. Never tried snus but I bought a can of Zyn 6mg wintergreen today after a video review I watched before bed last night. It's nice so far and I'm really liking it. No tobacco just nicotine and other wholesome chemicals I'm sure but I'm trying to save my lungs and still get that kick. What do you dippers do to kick? I think I may be able to quit all the other burnt forms of tobacco but a man's gotta have something and don't want gum disease or cancer either. I think I can do this but still on that quest for the strongest wintergreen nicotine buzz I can find. Only vice I have besides the occasional glass of wine before bed...

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Used to chew a can a day or two of Copenhagen snuff.

Worked for me.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
used Nicorette gum for a year before being done. only quit once a year for 48 years. still my nose goes up like an infield fly when I smell camel cig smoke.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by deerstalker
used Nicorette gum for a year before being done. only quit once a year for 48 years. still my nose goes up like an infield fly when I smell camel cig smoke.

Sexiest damn smell in the world. To a smoker it's the equivalent of a steak on the grill...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33

Sexiest damn smell in the world. To a smoker it's the equivalent of a steak on the grill...

Not anymore...

I was talking to a guy today that was obviously a heavy smoker.

Having quit years ago, I could smell it on him when he walked in the door.

Didn't like it a bit. Thought he smelled nasty. sick

Guess I've been quit long enough that it doesn't draw me in any longer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Not anymore...

I was talking to a guy today that was obviously a heavy smoker.

Having quit years ago, I could smell it on him when he walked in the door.

Didn't like it a bit. Thought he smelled nasty. sick

Guess I've been quit long enough that it doesn't draw me in any longer.

Good for you rockin b! I'm trying anything I can find to get to that point

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Gave it all up years ago. Doc that did my surgery told me he wouldn't do it if I was a tobacco user. Didn't want to waste his time on some one that didn't care about their health.He claimed healing took a lot longer with tobacco users.

I was a long time chewer of Levi Garrett or Beechnut as I worked underground and needed something to spit out the dust.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m very thankful I never started. I wish wifey would quit. She is getting screened for lung cancer on the 27. I hope somehow it scares her enough to quit. I hope they don’t find anything, just get her to quit.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You cannot stop using tobacco by using tobacco---

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
This stuff is just nicotine no tobacco. Worth a shot.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This stuff is just nicotine no tobacco. Worth a shot.

Stick with whatever keeps you from smoking.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quit cold turkey 31 years ago, haven't touched 'em since.

Cant stand the slightest whiff of smoke now, and the stench it leaves on clothing and in cars is repulsive to me.

YMMV.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I chewed for over 40 years (Copenhagen then Red Seal); had my Dr. prescribe me a script of Welbutrin (I took the generic but can't remember what it's called) and I was done chewing after the first month of taking the medication... didn't even fill the 2nd month.

I will say you have to want to quit though. And although I don't crave it I know I could start again tomorrow and enjoy it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SMOKEY MTN SNUFF

I chewed Copenhagen and then wintergreen for over 40 years.
In 2015 I tried Smokey Mountain Wintergreen herbal snuff and gave up tobacco altogether. In 2018 after 3years I finally gave up the Smokey.

Good Luck!

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Trading lung cancer for oral cancer ? Sounds pretty stupid to me !

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Oral cancer from smokeless tobacco is way less common than what most folks assume. You are about 20x more likely to get oral cancer from cigarettes than from dip. The doctors won’t tell you that unless you dig into it, they want to say it’s all the same. It’s not.

Same deal with heart disease. Cigarettes are bad, dip is almost a non issue.

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I never smoked, but started chewing Beech Nut in college after I gained seven pounds on Doritos and Dr. Pepper during finals week. A snort of Beech for a few minutes, then, as the buzz began, spit out and drink tea....five minute buzz and then back to studying worked GREAT.
Then it wasn't just finals, but study hour. Then it was between classes. Then IN class. Then all the time. Then Skoal. Then Copenhagen. I couldn't see smoking, tho, that was too much work and I couldn't imagine messing with my lungs when I spent so much time breathing hard at work or skiing or riding motocross.
Eventually, I learned to swallow, mostly because full-face helmets and spitting are not contemporaneous.
One year, I quit using mint snuff and Red Man plug while on a two-week road trip where I wouldn't be around people. That held for about four years. Then, back to Copenhagen. About a can every four days.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Quitting smoking is good, not using any tobacco is better, vaping is a crapshoot. Going cold turkey is a gut check and one of the most uplifting things I have ever done. I smoked and really loved it for >40 years before I quit fooling myself and quit. I now have a PO2 of 98% and can still walk uphill at 10k' at 73 yo. Life is too good to volunteer to diminish your potential.

That being said I still love the smell of a freshly lit cig and have dreams of smoking. It is an addiction and must be confronted as the enemy.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
One downside to quitting is the 30 pounds you will gain over night.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My bad habit.
Two sodas a day. Maybe three.
Reg 20 oz. Sometimes throw away half.

Had one beer at deer expo and another w lunch after.
None the next.

They were tasty, but weather change hammered sinus.
So no booze.

Proly fighting sinus why i never smoked.
Remember mom lighting a menthol w a match. Initial light smelled good.

After that, hate the smell.

Absolute worst is smell of gasoline. Makes me puke

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 65 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.