Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
My Dad just had his old dog put down two weeks ago. Sadly, he says it will be his last one. He butchered his last two home-raised beef steers this past fall.

My Dad is 88. He's never been without a dog companion since his youngest days as a kid on a poor dirt farm. This is also the first time that he has been without raising a farm animal of some type since he started with ducks at age 5.

I can kinda tell--it won't be long that I'll be without a Dad for the first time in my life too.

Go get him a new dog, when he objects tell him you'll be honored take care of it when he's gone. It'll make him live longer.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by MadMooner
A co-worker isn’t a dog fan. His dying mother trusted him to take care of her dog. Before she passed he gave the dog up and lied to his mom.

Even worse, he likes comic books.

He’s a Bernie Sanders guy.........

Unfugging real......

If someone fessed up some schitt like that to me.
I would liquid exlax that fugga,s drinks anytime I could.
For his mom and her dog...

Guys like him are why there is a hell... As for you, glad to hear that your Cookie is doing better, I've sure had sleepless nights with sick, old dogs before, some that didn't bring good news with the dawn either, but that's how it goes and if we're honest with ourselves, we know that going into the deal, so to speak. I won't be soon in forgetting the Saturday night, Sunday morning spent on the den floor with my dying Collie boy, Milo. He had been deaf for a year or two, but suffered some kind of stroke that day that had struck him blind as well. He seemed so scared, I just stayed there with him through the hours, petting him, or at least touching his head or his paws, so he would know he was not alone.
Thanks for sharing the Greek history, I don't recall being aware of their care for their pets, that's really cool.
Going to hit Post Reply and go pay attention to my much younger Collie boy, Brody, who seems to think all of my day should be spent playing tug rope with him, while he "accidentally" misses the rope and clamps down on my hand. I presume he just doesn't know how long his snout is, and so he just "mis-judges" the distance... yeah... that's it...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My middle daughter has a full size rough furred collie named Tucker and a border collie named Hope.
Both good dogs.

They came for christmas.

Gawd what a houseful.......

Oldest daughters Red Bone coon hound Brady
My 3
Cookie
Rico
Black Jack

Middle daughter
Tucker
Hope.

6 dogs

And they all know each other and Hope was the new dog on the block.
Her Border collie nature kinda worked for her and against her at times till she settled in after a few a days.
She was kinda overwhelmed at 1st.

Last edited by renegade50; 02/24/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
but they all leave a mark.

They sure do, marks that cut deep.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
S
I've had to put a few down. Hurts bad. Dogs give us all they have all the time. What a gift they are. I feel for those of you who are dealing with an old friends last days. Dreadful.

A good friend had to put his dog down. Buried the dog on his property. I asked him how deep (coyotes abound in his area), he said " dug till my boots dried out". I said "real deep?" He replied "yes".

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,308
Posts18,468,178
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.