-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I read the masks are not as effective against this as other virus because it can be absorbed thru the eyes? I guess that's why you see people walking around in lifesize condoms in China.

but I think the masks have to be many times more effective than *not* wearing a mask. If you are buying one, look for the blue on one side/white on the other. The white/white paper masks are not intended to stop virus spread.

*note* - all this comes from what I read online so fwiw......

btw, I have a box of 50 surgical masks I will trade for a Savage 99 in .308 (joke)

Last edited by KFWA; 02/25/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've read at least a half dozen articles about corona that say masks don't help. OTOH, they don't hurt so why not wear one if you're at risk? There's so much bad info about it that you should try anything that MIGHT help.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am surprised we haven't seen more outbreaks in our colleges, so may schools had chinese students returning to american schools from winter break. Certainly the colleges would not have returning students checked as that would be racist.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s a corona virus. So is the common cold. From all reports, this is about as contagious as the common cold. Trying to control it is futile. We're all going to get it. You may as well get it as soon as possible so that if it turns bad, you might get the care you need before the medical system gets overwhelmed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It’s a corona virus. So is the common cold. From all reports, this is about as contagious as the common cold. Trying to control it is futile. We're all going to get it. You may as well get it as soon as possible so that if it turns bad, you might get the care you need before the medical system gets overwhelmed.

There are actually a handful of precautions, if taken, that will nearly guarantee that you never catch a cold. The easiest, and perhaps most effective, precaution is simply not to touch your face with your hands unless you literally just washed or sanitized them.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

There are actually a handful of precautions, if taken, that will nearly guarantee that you never catch a cold. The easiest, and perhaps most effective, precaution is simply not to touch your face with your hands unless you literally just washed or sanitized them.

Maybe so, yet most still get it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I dunno , but the Asians sure seem to think the masks help

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The chance of dying is 100%.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have been stockpiling canned goods, MREs, and have been dehydrating fruits and vegetables, off and on, since last summer. A good supply of OTC remedies, vitamins, first aid items, germocidal bleach, toilet paper, etc.

The wife thought I was a bit nuts; not so much now.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We're all gonna die!!!!

Horse shixt.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
98% of the people that get it live. I’m going over to the local grade school and lick the playground equipment.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
The chance of dying is 100%.

LOL. Yep, none of us are getting out of this alive.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
We're all gonna die!!!!

Horse shixt.

Actually, I agree with you. Just get it and get it over with. Odds are, it won’t be much worse than a bad cold or mild flu at its worst for most people. For some, maybe up to fifteen percent though, it’s going to be bad. And if sixty percent of the world’s population gets it, it’s going to overwhelm the system. So if you get it and it does get bad, you want to be in the front end while you can still get decent medical care.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/25/20.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Do you remember on SouthPark when all the parents sent the kids to Kenny’s house to get the chicken pox? And then the boys all sent Freaky Freida out in retribution to give all the parents ‘mouth herpes’?
She was licking all the silverware and chit.

Ya that was funny, everyone remembers that episode.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord

Do you remember on SouthPark when all the parents sent the kids to Kenny’s house to get the chicken pox? And then the boys all sent Freaky Freida out in retribution to give all the parents ‘mouth herpes’?
She was licking all the silverware and chit.

Yep. I remember it. Funny. That show still on?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

I remember good one but not as good as Awesom-0

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I remember good one but not as good as Awesom-0

That was good, too. Cartman as a robot becomes a slave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awesome-O was among the very best.......

Now with even more aplomb
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The masks are for feel good only. They don't help a bit with the virus. It goes right through them.
How do you know this? Source?

The size of what the masks will filter is much larger than the size of a virus. Aside from that though is the fact that the mask does not produce a positive seal like a gas mask so they will leak around the masks and through the gaps in the seal. Airborne virus rides on moisture droplets and WILL contact your eyes just like pollen and it will infect you as it passes down the nasal lacrimal duct.

Unless an effective vaccine is found and you get vaccinated, the chances that you get covid 29 will approach 100% probably within 5 years. Quarantine is at this point in time no longer a viable option. The virus is as yet undetected in the general population of the United States. But, it is on at least three continents that we are certain of and in over 30 nations. That, by definition, is out of control and in all but declaration by WHO a global pandemic. That declaration will come this week. By the end of the week thu number of countris without infections will be less than the number with and screening/quarantine will be all but done. This when all we can say about it's mortality rate is that it is probably somewhere between 1 and 3 per cent.

This virus is already well on it's way to killing more people than Ebola has in the almost 50 years we have known of it. By the end of 202 Covid 19 will have killed more people globally than Ebola in West Africa did. At least absent a vaccine that will be the scorecard.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

702 members (163dm, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 67 invisible), 3,008 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,049
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.