Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by kingston
Hell yea, and you don’t even have to be right all the time.

Fücking nerds.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HawkCreek
Originally Posted by erikj
HawkCreek,
Welcome aboard. You over by Davenport?

Not any longer unfortunately. But I have some fond memories of that area.

Sorry to disappoint you ladies but I'm not a lib or dem plant waiting for the elections. Nor am I a previously banned member, I have the same name on all the forums I'm on so I already recognize a few names I've seen here.

Also: beans in chili, whiskey neat, wolves = SSS, waygu beef is marketing bs and .45 > 9mm

When I drive to the coast I usually take the Miles-Creston route passing a Hawk Creek. Great area for all things outdoors.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Goldarnit now,

don't be givin' away all them secrets...............

Until we get his initiation fees.

Some folks, gotta tell 'em everthing.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

Fücking nerds.

Hey! Enuff of that.

I thought I was wrong once.....................

But I was mistaken.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Fücking nerds.

Hey! Enuff of that.

I thought I was wrong once.....................

But I was mistaken.

Geno

That’s my line Geno.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hello, new guy from the deserts of Washington here. Grew up on a ranch, spent my younger years as a machinegunner in the Marines and since then I've been in construction for the last decade or so. Love the outdoors and tasty critters!

First off welcome. There's a few things around here that cause much anguish and venom. If you mention the following subjects, you open yourself to keyboard commandos on this site. In no particular order:

270 Winchester...even though it's not Gay, some folks swear it is....Lord knows why.
Anything with the word "Creedmore". No explanation needed.
Admitting in public you own any Leupold product and are satisfied.
Saying that any make of firearm is better than any other make of firearm. (no matter which make you side with)
Admitting you have an inexpensive rifle that shoots as good as an expensive one..(even if you know it's true...don't do it!)

These are just a few to get you started. Don't ask why these subjects cause friction, nobody knows, or they are afraid to say.

Last edited by reivertom; 02/24/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Fücking nerds.

You have your own nerdy tendencies draht...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
And, what the f u c k is a waygu? Does it leave a rash?

If you guys are going to denigrate or extol the virtues of said beeves, you might want to use the correct spelling.............

Wagyu

Signed ,

the spelling po-po.

Geno

PS, the new guy had better be up on things like there, their, and they're...........among others.

You just hold on there fella...

I will be the one wagging me

You can wagyu all yu want, just do it in another room. K ?

Oh and welcome to the loony bin HawkCreek...
What do you tool around the desert in?

Or have you already been to the truck and horse section?

May the wind lay down when your finger is on the trigger...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Just like a weatherman??

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I came here the first time 8 years ago and didn't come back til 6 months ago. I've been pretty steady since I came back. I like this place. It's not the personable place I came from but I like it like that. I found you can't always trust forum buddies and some have long knives under their shirts. Better to be a little distant. This place has some that know their chit, but there's lots of people that know their chit but there's lots of people know their chit, but there's 4011 of them with 4011 different opinions. Just take everything with a grain of salt. Form your own opinion through your own experience. It all ""boils down to the old saying, "There's more than one way to skin a cat!"

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Filaman
I found you can't always trust forum buddies and some have long knives under their shirts. "

Is there a story behind that?

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
HawkCreek,
Welcome aboard. You over by Davenport?

Not any longer unfortunately. But I have some fond memories of that area.

Sorry to disappoint you ladies but I'm not a lib or dem plant waiting for the elections. Nor am I a previously banned member, I have the same name on all the forums I'm on so I already recognize a few names I've seen here.

Also: beans in chili, whiskey neat, wolves = SSS, waygu beef is marketing bs and .45 > 9mm

When I drive to the coast I usually take the Miles-Creston route passing a Hawk Creek. Great area for all things outdoors.

Yup, that's the same creek my username pays homage too. Did a lot of hunting around there years ago.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by reivertom
Hello, new guy from the deserts of Washington here. Grew up on a ranch, spent my younger years as a machinegunner in the Marines and since then I've been in construction for the last decade or so. Love the outdoors and tasty critters!

First off welcome. There's a few things around here that cause much anguish and venom. If you mention the following subjects, you open yourself to keyboard commandos on this site. In no particular order:

270 Winchester...even though it's not Gay, some folks swear it is....Lord knows why.
Saying that any make of firearm is better than any other make of firearm. (no matter which make you side with)
Admitting you have an inexpensive rifle that shoots as good as an expensive one..(even if you know it's true...don't do it!)

These are just a few to get you started. Don't ask why these subjects cause friction, nobody knows, or they are afraid to say.

Only .270 I ever had I gave away. Well I guess I still have it but I told a buddy it's his whenever he wants to come get it. I have too many .30-06's to worry about a single .270 in my collection.
Not a Creedmore fan but if it sells more guns and leaves more .30 caliber ammo available for me I have to at least sort of like it.
I'm a huge Leupold user. Never been disappointed by them but then admittedly I havent bought a new one since 2004 but its held up fine on my .338RUM.
Winchester is better than Marlin is better than Henry. Miroku makes the finest factory produced levergun pre or post-64 bar none.
My go-to meat gun is an ugly Remington 700ADL with the plastic stock and flaking off baked on finish with a third hand Leupold held on by cheap weaver rings. Its ugly, beat up and nothing at all fancy about it but it kills things I point it at.

Did I stir the pot enough?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This place has some that know their chit, but there's lots of people that know their chit but there's lots of people know their chit, but there's 4011 of them with 4011 different opinions. Just take everything with a grain of salt. Form your own opinion through your own experience. It all ""boils down to the old saying, "There's more than one way to skin a cat!"

Is this a riddle?

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
And, what the f u c k is a waygu? Does it leave a rash?

If you guys are going to denigrate or extol the virtues of said beeves, you might want to use the correct spelling.............

Wagyu

Signed ,

the spelling po-po.

Geno

PS, the new guy had better be up on things like there, their, and they're...........among others.

You just hold on there fella...

I will be the one wagging me

You can wagyu all yu want, just do it in another room. K ?

Oh and welcome to the loony bin HawkCreek...
What do you tool around the desert in?

Or have you already been to the truck and horse section?

May the wind lay down when your finger is on the trigger...

Either my 7.3L F250 or my Tacoma, maybe one day I'll rescue my old square body out of the bone yard and get it running again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I miss my squareback..

The sr5 not so much, tho it served its purpose. Too narrow across the shoulders...

Good to have you here...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
This place has some that know their chit, but there's lots of people that know their chit but there's lots of people know their chit, but there's 4011 of them with 4011 different opinions. Just take everything with a grain of salt. Form your own opinion through your own experience. It all ""boils down to the old saying, "There's more than one way to skin a cat!"

Is this a riddle?

Wrapped in an enigma and chased with bad whiskey.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Greetings Hawk Creek.
I also was an 0331 for my first 6 months in the USMC. What years were you in?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Semi or auto are all that counts here.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by reivertom

Only .270 I ever had I gave away. Well I guess I still have it but I told a buddy it's his whenever he wants to come get it. I have too many .30-06's to worry about a single .270 in my collection.
Not a Creedmore fan but if it sells more guns and leaves more .30 caliber ammo available for me I have to at least sort of like it.
I'm a huge Leupold user. Never been disappointed by them but then admittedly I havent bought a new one since 2004 but its held up fine on my .338RUM.
Winchester is better than Marlin is better than Henry. Miroku makes the finest factory produced levergun pre or post-64 bar none.
My go-to meat gun is an ugly Remington 700ADL with the plastic stock and flaking off baked on finish with a third hand Leupold held on by cheap weaver rings. Its ugly, beat up and nothing at all fancy about it but it kills things I point it at.

Did I stir the pot enough?

You've gone and done it now!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 1lessdog, 16penny, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,198
Posts18,465,952
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.