Print Thread
Hop To
B
Buck720 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
So really why would anyone that is a officer or guard work at a school district? Every time one of them tries to do the job they was hired to do they get fired! Then sued by the parent because there baby didn’t do nothing wrong.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
because placing them there is the EZ button. True security would cost money that is better spent buying voters. We spend more money and effort protecting our $$$ than we do our kids. Beslan type attacks are in our future and will make the current spate of killings look like child's play. [Irony intended].

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was Beslan where the Russians pumped fentanyl into the building on the terrorists...and the kids?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Was Beslan where the Russians pumped fentanyl into the building on the terrorists...and the kids?

It was Corona virus.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was Beslan where the Russians pumped fentanyl..

indications were 3-Methylfentanyl
(analog of FENTANYL), estimated
at least 1000x more kick ass than
morphine.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

I believe the gaseous fentanyl was used in a Moscow theater, but also against Chechen mooselimbs. It has been awhile since I studied the subject. Terror at Beslan by John Giduk was the definitive source for info on the attack on the school.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They are "school resource officers". Acting as a guard is secondary. Most of what they do is behind the scenes. They serve as a link between school administration and the DA's office giving advice on legal and security matters to school administrators. They also are in contact with cops on the street are aware of potential problems and prevent issues from getting into the schools.

They might be able to stop, or at least limit the damage from a kid with a gun in the school, but at best might slow down an organized terrorist attack.

So really why would anyone that is a officer or guard work at a school district?

I have some close friends and one relative who work locally as SRO's and a buddy I went to high school is in charge of the program in a neighboring county. I can't speak for all of them, but the ones I know love the kids. And most of the kids really like them. They interact with the kids and put in long hours. It isn't just an 8-3 job. They attend every after school activity, every basketball and football game even on Saturday's. They do a lot to prevent problems, not just react after an issue.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am sure that every community is different but here SRO is considered a ROAD assignment.

ROAD= retired on active duty. Maybe Birdman can enlighten us as to the state of school securitygrin

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I am sure that every community is different but here SRO is considered a ROAD assignment.

ROAD= retired on active duty. Maybe Birdman can enlighten us as to the state of school securitygrin

mike r

Same way here in clarksville.
Or a toliet bowl flushed tenured good ole boy put where they have the least chance to "fuqh schitt up"....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
They are "school resource officers". Acting as a guard is secondary. Most of what they do is behind the scenes. They serve as a link between school administration and the DA's office giving advice on legal and security matters to school administrators. They also are in contact with cops on the street are aware of potential problems and prevent issues from getting into the schools.

They might be able to stop, or at least limit the damage from a kid with a gun in the school, but at best might slow down an organized terrorist attack.

So really why would anyone that is a officer or guard work at a school district?

I have some close friends and one relative who work locally as SRO's and a buddy I went to high school is in charge of the program in a neighboring county. I can't speak for all of them, but the ones I know love the kids. And most of the kids really like them. They interact with the kids and put in long hours. It isn't just an 8-3 job. They attend every after school activity, every basketball and football game even on Saturday's. They do a lot to prevent problems, not just react after an issue.

I spent 6 years as an SRO. I worked my a$$ off covering cases that originated inside of the building or on the school grounds. Mostly student on student assaults, thefts and disorderly conducts that involved the rights of other students who were drug into some bull$hit deal by some loser kid. (and their loser parents) This was no ROAD job. The real issue was dealing with a$$hole parents who always said "my kid wouldn't do that" or "my kid is not a bully". On top of that I was the district Truant officer for all of the buildings and I did Juvenile Court interventions where the kids did an informal probation with me or a JCO so their name did not go down to the county Juvenile Court. (we had a 75% success rate) 60 hours a week for 6 years. When I left we had 1500 kids under one roof in just 3 grades. Believe it or not, it was a great job and 90% of the kids were wonderful. 10% were determined to screw it up for everyone else and took pride in being a$$holes. (some apples don't fall far from the tree)
kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 02/25/20.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by kwg020

I spent 6 years as an SRO. I worked my a$$ off covering cases that originated inside of the building or on the school grounds. Mostly student on student assaults, thefts and disorderly conducts that involved the rights of other students who were drug into some bull$hit deal by some loser kid. (and their loser parents) This was no ROAD job. The real issue was dealing with a$$hole parents who always said "my kid wouldn't do that" or "my kid is not a bully". On top of that I was the district Truant officer for all of the buildings and I did Juvenile Court interventions where the kids did an informal probation with me or a JCO so their name did not go down to the county Juvenile Court. (we had a 75% success rate) 60 hours a week for 6 years. When I left we had 1500 kids under one roof in just 3 grades. Believe it or not, it was a great job and 90% of the kids were wonderful. 10% were determined to screw it up for everyone else and took pride in being a$$holes. (some apples don't fall far from the tree)
kwg

No offense, I know it’s a hard job and I have friends that do it but SRO is a job that shouldnt exist. A “student on student assault” is just a fight most of the time and should be handled accordingly by the principal. Schools shouldn’t be in the law enforcement business. If they think they have something that warrants prosecution then call it in to the local pd but having a school police force or having school employees play probation officer is just crazy to me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

No offense, I know it’s a hard job and I have friends that do it but SRO is a job that shouldnt exist. A “student on student assault” is just a fight most of the time and should be handled accordingly by the principal. Schools shouldn’t be in the law enforcement business. If they think they have something that warrants prosecution then call it in to the local pd but having a school police force or having school employees play probation officer is just crazy to me

I hear what you are saying, but public school IS government. And government is about the use of coercive power. As a SRO or as a discrete department, it is almost inevitable that public schools are going to get into the business of coercive power. After all, try not paying your school-directed taxes (usually property). Keep it up and stick to your property and you will end up being shot in the face. Gov't schools may try to dress it all up with cutesy images & rhetoric, but in the end they are willing to kill you and yours to meet their objectives.

And given all the conflicting requirements and forbidden policies imposed on gov't schools, administrators are going to do their best to pass on the liability to some other person & organization.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve been involved in guard service management either as the client or provider (much prefer client!!) since 2000. I wouldn’t touch a school contract with a ten-foot pole. I don’t know who provides guards for schools but I feel for the poor sumbich that has to manage that mess. I can’t imagine it’s any different for the cops

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 38 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,440
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.