-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What are you going to do run around like your hairs on fire? My buddy cant stop watching and reading everything about it and giving me unneeded updates. Keeps telling me I'm not gonna be so tough when millions are dying. I'm already on overtime having cancer 5 years ago. Not much you can do at all with kids in school and a wife in health care. Wife said just today the main office asked how many masks they have on hand and it was way too low for pandemic [bleep].

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
seems like they would figure out a way to hurry this process up

-----------------------------

A Massachusetts biotech firm has completed a potential coronavirus vaccine and released it to federal health officials for human testing, according to officials and a new report.

Moderna, Inc., of Cambridge, announced on Monday that it released its first batch of mRNA-1273 to treat humans for the virus.

Vials have been shipped to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of the National Institutes of Health, in Bethesda, Md. The experimental vaccine will now be tested in humans, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The institute will begin a clinical trial of about 20 to 25 healthy volunteers by the end of April to determine whether two doses of the shot are safe and induce an immune response likely to safeguard participants from infection, NIAID director Anthony Fauci told the Journal.

Initial results could be released by July or August.

It has yet to be determined whether the Moderna batch will work, because its gene-based technology has yet to yield an approved human vaccine, Fauci said. Even if the first study is positive, the vaccine may not be readily available until next year, pending further studies and regulatory clearance, the doctor said.

But Fauci told the Journal that even if the spread of coronavirus lessens during the warmer months, it could come back in full force next winter like the flu.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
I dunno , but the Asians sure seem to think the masks help

They also think eating rhino horns will make their dicks grow.

well ifin it would make my old dick grow back to where it was , id sure try some rhino horn dust................

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Too funny

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 02/26/20.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If mine grew back like it was I'd just ruin my life again.
Little bastid doesn't cause trouble anymore.
Like having more gun money these days.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA

A Massachusetts biotech firm has completed a potential coronavirus vaccine and released it to federal health officials for human testing, according to officials and a new report.

Moderna, Inc., of Cambridge, announced on Monday that it released its first batch of mRNA-1273 to treat humans for the virus.

Vials have been shipped to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of the National Institutes of Health, in Bethesda, Md. The experimental vaccine will now be tested in humans, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The institute will begin a clinical trial of about 20 to 25 healthy volunteers by the end of April to determine whether two doses of the shot are safe and induce an immune response likely to safeguard participants from infection, NIAID director Anthony Fauci told the Journal.

It has yet to be determined whether the Moderna batch will work, because its gene-based technology has yet to yield an approved human vaccine, Fauci said. Even if the first study is positive, the vaccine may not be readily available until next year, pending further studies and regulatory clearance, the doctor said.

But Fauci told the Journal that even if the spread of coronavirus lessens during the warmer months, it could come back in full force next winter like the flu.

The Swine Flu vaccine killed many more people than did the Swine Flu.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by KFWA

Do you want zombies? Because this is how you get zombies.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Knowing how the Chinese govt hates us, I wonder what the chances are of them infecting goods to be sent to the US on Ebay, since the virus can live dry for 9 days.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Pretty sure that they've got bigger things to worry about right now, Jag.

Such as survival, and not pissing off their biggest trading partner. EBay's probably safe for now.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

I could go live with my mother in law ...

Of those choices I'm going to go with the virus.....final answer.....

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Knowing how the Chinese govt hates us, I wonder what the chances are of them infecting goods to be sent to the US on Ebay, since the virus can live dry for 9 days.

Whether on purpose or accident, I was thinking the same thing.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jmdriver
Wonder if I have enough time to find Jesus. Probably not.

Ha!

You may find him (or not) ready or not... shocked

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

9 day virus survival on dry surface?

Is that a fact?

Hmmm...

DF

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Is that a fact?

Hmmm...

DF

That's the latest report from a few days ago, Doc.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Is that a fact?

Hmmm...

DF

That's the latest report from a few days ago, Doc.

Not good.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a version of the flu which I have endured so far for 73 years, Nothing.

1Minute
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Is that a fact?

Hmmm...

DF

That figure comes from studies that have been able, using lab techniques, to identify genetic material from the virus on those surfaces after that period of time. This doesn't actually mean you can contract the virus from contact with those dry surfaces after, or even prior to, that period. The essential exterior surface of the virus is necessary for transmission, and it's quite vulnerable to damage upon exposure to dry surfaces.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
After Chinese take out last night....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I doubt anything coming from China gets here in 9 days but what do I know

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rost495

I doubt anything coming from China gets here in 9 days but what do I know

I'd think the vast majority of their stuff comes thru seaports in containers.

You'd have to fly products in to beat the time period, and that's too expensive in most cases.

DF

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 222ND, 66 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,223
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.