Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Phuqqin Dems.

Sen. Stanley says Democrats voted down deputy pay raise for not enforcing 'gun control'

RICHMOND, Va. (WSET) -- Law enforcement officers will not be getting a three-percent raise from the Senate's version of the state budget, according to Senator Bill Stanley.

Sen. Stanley said he tried to amend the state budget on the Senate floor Thursday, February 20, just days after sheriffs from Virginia went to speak with lawmakers.

"I tried to amend the state budget to give all of our men and women of Virginia’s Sheriffs’ Departments a 3% raise for this year," Sen. Stanley wrote on Facebook. "It was defeated, with all democrats voting 'no.'"

Two of the sheriffs who went to Richmond this week was Bedford County Sheriff Mike Miller and Campbell County Sheriff Whit Clark. Miller said the focus of his visit was to speak on behalf of the men and women of Bedford County, including protecting their second amendment rights and raising deputy pay.

Sheriff Clark also said he wanted to speak with local lawmakers about deputy pay and benefits as well as Second Amendment rights.

Virginia sheriffs on the Virginia state capitol in Richmond on Feb. 19, 2020 (Campbell Co. Sheriff's Office)

Stanley said Senate Majority Leader Dick Saslaw approached him after the vote to tell him the reason sheriffs wouldn't be getting a raise is because "they came to our committees and said that they weren’t going to enforce our laws."

Stanley said he asked Saslaw which laws he was referring to, and he answered with "gun control".

RELATED | Culpeper County Sheriff Scott Jenkins speaks about Lobby Day in Richmond

"I was shocked that the Democrats are now punishing our local Sheriff’s Departments (by eliminating a pay raise for them)," Sen. Stanley wrote. "For the their choice to protect and defend our citizens’ Second Amendment rights. Democrats want to restrict a citizen’s right to protect themselves, but won’t pay our sheriffs’ deputies to protect Virginians. Hypocrisy has a name."

The Senate ultimately passed a plan that would fund Virginia State Police salary increases starting August 10 and then give sheriff's office employees a $200 one-time bonus in December, according to WTOP.

Under the House plan, Virginia State Police would get a salary increase of two percent effective June 10 with an additional increase based on each consecutive year or service and local registrars, sheriff's deputies, and others would get a one percent raise.

Governor Ralph Northam announced Saturday that there was "additional revenue from a mid-session revenue reforecast." He said the General Funds revenue will increase by $292.5 million for 2020.

The budget must be finished by March 5 so that the General Assembly can send a final version to Governor Northam before the session adjourns on March 7. Lawmakers would return to Richmond in April to consider any vetoes or amendments by Northam.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The war's comin'.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
They don’t even deserve the present pay they receive, being they refuse to honor their oaths to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign, and domestic.

They certainly don’t deserve any pensions…when they have proved they are yellow traitors providing aid and comfort to the enemy.

They will take this kick in the nads, because they could careless about the state of Virginia or its citizens. All they care about is milking the taxpayer to obtain a pension, while they ride off into the sunset.

All it takes is for the sheriffs to find their balls, and they all get together with 20,000+ militia force, and take their Capital back from the commie state Gestapo police, governor, legislatures / enemy who are committing treason, and frog-walk them all out in cuffs.

All it takes is ONE (1) Conservative D.A., in a conservative county in the mountains, to take the charges, and the sheriffs have a GREEN light to arrest, and take them all back to the mountains for trial and sentencing.

Lots of trees and horses in the mountains to carry out sentencing…

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, county deputy sheriff's are paid by the state in Virginia?

That's odd. I figured they would be paid by the county.

Sounds like local govt needs to break away from state govt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That is not fair!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I don't know how it is in Virginia, but it's probably supplemental stuff from the state. Paid locally, but supplemented by grants or the legislature. Pushback over the sanctuary status was bound to happen and was discussed before the rally even happened. The Dems know how to put pressure on. But hey, Trump was acting illegally when he supposedly did the same thing in the Ukraine to get them to out Biden.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That story doesn’t make any sense. Counties pay deputies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds to me like we the people of virginia should do a fund to pay our GOOD deputies a raise for standing with us.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
not a VA Deputy Sheriff, but I am a Virginia native and was raised there, and schooled there.. and most of my family still lives there.....

and the attitudes I was raised with, would tell me.. that the DemocRATS can keep the damn pay raise and shove it up their asses.. they won't be in total power for long, especially the way they are running things.. paid for by Michael Gloomberg's corruption out of state money....

Like Gloomberg, these VA democRATS think they can buy their way into having others do their bidding...

There is a lot of stubborn pride in most native Virginians...probably not all of these out of state 'immigrants'...

Screw Northam and his entire posse of corrupt politicians.. he's a modern day Benedict Arnold and in time will be treated as such...

personally I believe, if the world woke up one morning to find him lynched, there would be very few in the state that would be displaying crying eyes....at least by real Virginians....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by viking
That story doesn’t make any sense. Counties pay deputies.

I thought this but EE is correct I think about this:

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I don't know how it is in Virginia, but it's probably supplemental stuff from the state. Paid locally, but supplemented by grants or the legislature. Pushback over the sanctuary status was bound to happen and was discussed before the rally even happened. The Dems know how to put pressure on. But hey, Trump was acting illegally when he supposedly did the same thing in the Ukraine to get them to out Biden.

The Left has been very good at planning out the long game. We’re all sending inordinate amounts of money to DC so they can send it back.

Maintaining the sovereignty of local governance was our best hope.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
In VA. sheriffs depts are funded similarly to county schools meaning they receive additional funding from the state which is added to county funds. Richmond allots money according to population, which means rural counties are last in line.
Typically a deputy slot is considered a starting position in law enforcement.
I would agree, knowing several deputies, they would tell Richmond to shove it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They want laws enforced? Ooooookay. The Sheriff will be watching you for the first sign of ANY law being even bent. Then, Mr Democrat, you'll be arrested. On television.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that is a shrewd move by that politician.

He knew the Dems would shoot that down

Last edited by KFWA; 02/26/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buckshot to the face or pelvis

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This is a great way for the Democrats to win more friends and votes. NOT. What a bunch of stupid politicians. They weren't playing the long game on this one, that's for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Democrats have been buying votes forever. They have been using salaries and pensions forever. The taxpayers have been on the hook for these vote buying schemes forever. A lot of blue states are going broke because of this.
And now it’s backfired. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
......the DemocRATS can keep the damn pay raise and shove it up their asses.. they won't be in total power for long, especially the way they are running things.....

I hear you, but I think this is extremely optimistic. Most of the votes are in the urban centers, and I don't believe they are going conservative anytime soon.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone in those counties against gun control need to quit sending the commies tax money.

Won't be long until they find out who's really in charge.

They can only keep infringing on you if you continue to fund them...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yep, I wondered the same thing.............kinda unusual arrangement.

I expect that the county's could supplement the state pay rate if'n they chose to.

MM

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
not a VA Deputy Sheriff, but I am a Virginia native and was raised there, and schooled there.. and most of my family still lives there.....

Seafire's from VA? Who'd a thunkit?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 73 invisible), 2,931 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.