Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
First week of January I decided to diminish my horde of unmounted Rifle scopes and sell them. I had been gathering the scopes (of which there were 19 - nineteen!) of various makes, in the last couple of years, with hopes of either using them or selling them for a bit of profit!
Of the 19 (nineteen) Rifle scopes that I had gathered and decided to sell they came from various makers including Zeiss, Weaver, Redfield, Burris and Leupold.
Been to several gunshows now and peddled them either from my day pack or from rented tables at these honored events.
The Leupold scopes, by a multiple of about 10 (ten!), brought more attention at every offering site (in three different states!) and to date I have sold 5 (five!) of my scopes - ALL of the sold Rifle scopes were Leupolds!
The list of sold Leupolds included 2 (two) 4.5x14 variables, 1 (one) 3.5x10x50mm variable, 1 (one) 3x9 variable and 1 (one) 4x12 variable.
From this stark sales record and my observation of "interest" in my displayed array of Rifle scopes, I would surmise/deduce that the few Leupold naysayers and Leupold bashers amongst us, well they are just not succeeding in diminishing actual Rifle users from wanting/purchasing Leupold Rifle scopes!
I say long live Leupold & Stevens - a fine American Company!
I am still puzzled by the nefarious motivations of the few Leupold bashers?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Varmint Guy, I agree 100%. I've owned more Leupolds than any other scope brand and have always found them to be totally reliable, whether fixed power, variables or binoculars. I've also owned scopes and binoculars made by Burris, Redfield, Lyman, Bushnell, Nikon, Zeiss and IOR Valdada and the Leupolds have been as good or better than any of the others. I've sent 2 Leupolds in for internal cleaning, both of which I bought 2nd hand, and had them back, totally reconditioned, within a couple of weeks. Great service and quality from a great American company.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've enjoyed using quite a number of Leupold scopes over about 40 years now. I still do. That said, I have had problems with several which I have factually recounted in other posts. Does that make me a basher? Do I have nefarious motivations?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
First week of January I decided to diminish my horde of unmounted Rifle scopes and sell them. I had been gathering the scopes (of which there were 19 - nineteen!) of various makes, in the last couple of years, with hopes of either using them or selling them for a bit of profit!
Of the 19 (nineteen) Rifle scopes that I had gathered and decided to sell they came from various makers including Zeiss, Weaver, Redfield, Burris and Leupold.
Been to several gunshows now and peddled them either from my day pack or from rented tables at these honored events.
The Leupold scopes, by a multiple of about 10 (ten!), brought more attention at every offering site (in three different states!) and to date I have sold 5 (five!) of my scopes - ALL of the sold Rifle scopes were Leupolds!
The list of sold Leupolds included 2 (two) 4.5x14 variables, 1 (one) 3.5x10x50mm variable, 1 (one) 3x9 variable and 1 (one) 4x12 variable.
From this stark sales record and my observation of "interest" in my displayed array of Rifle scopes, I would surmise/deduce that the few Leupold naysayers and Leupold bashers amongst us, well they are just not succeeding in diminishing actual Rifle users from wanting/purchasing Leupold Rifle scopes!
I say long live Leupold & Stevens - a fine American Company!
I am still puzzled by the nefarious motivations of the few Leupold bashers?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I'm a Leupold guy, but the fact that others are willing to buy them off of you has nothing to do with the problems others have had. How many of your scope buyers even know the 24Hour Campfire exists???? And combine it with the fact that you say there are few (not many)-how is that-bashers, why would they be hesitant to buy your Leupolds.

The Campfire has taught me more about people than I ever would have imagined I didn't know....

Last edited by battue; 02/26/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
"You can lead a horse to water..." comes to mind.

Actually I'm glad to hear it because I got a box of junk Schitpold scopes I need to peddle.

Winchester rifles and Swarovski scopes.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Gotta say, the "Hunting Optics" threads have been lively here lately.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rifletom

Then a guy who wants to brag on and save Leupold, chums the water with bait that brings out the haters for another round.... Logic, Logic, Logic....

Last edited by battue; 02/26/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by rifletom

The a guy who wants to brag on and save Leupold, chums the water with bait that brings out the haters for another round.... Logic, Logic, Logic....

LOL! Well, there is that.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was surprised by the number of Leupolds on this thread, seeings how it's from informed Campfire members.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...open-country-elk-rifle-wear#Post13917585

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Part of it is because of the no questions asked warranty. Take a Leupold that has scratched up lenses, dented main tube, and frozen adjustments. Send it in, and you will either get a working scope back or a replacement that is usually a higher value than the scope you sent in, at no charge.
Try that with even an expensive brand like Swarovski. Good luck. They will bill you for whatever needs repair that isn't "warrantied", which would probably be everything. And, lately they have been refusing repair unless the serial number matches up to the current owner.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I found it was easy to sell all of my Leupolds too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Long live Leupold! Down with the Loopy Bashers!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
VG, you are just furthering leupold from actually fixing things. Some of us know what we have seen. Leupold is just fine for old geezers who go the range sight in, shoot 1 box of shells a year if they are lucky and say I hit a pie plate, I am good to go.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by McCray
"You can lead a horse to water..." comes to mind.

Actually I'm glad to hear it because I got a box of junk Schitpold scopes I need to peddle.

Total Blasphemy to call them that you miscreant grin

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
VG, you are just furthering leupold from actually fixing things. Some of us know what we have seen. Leupold is just fine for old geezers who go the range sight in, shoot 1 box of shells a year if they are lucky and say I hit a pie plate, I am good to go.

The problem is that 90% of hunters are just as you described. They buy Leupolds because their dads bought Leupolds. As long as that 90% is around Leupold will so just fine.

At one time all I owed was Leupolds. I still have a few 3-9 VX2’s on set and forget guns because I honestly like the LR Duplex. I also have some Tract, Zeiss, Bushnell and Nightforce scopes as well and am not a one company kinda guy anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They are just fine, yes.

And, I am a geezer hater hater.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Im glad there are guys that still want to buy leupold, for obvious reasons ive stated before. However, Im also glad there are people that dont have their head burried so far in their azz that they cant admit leupold has major issues. Im one that shoots quite often and ive had leupolds fail at the range. I finally had to say enough is enough. I dont buy them anymore, because they are sub par for the course. If you only shoot one box of shells a year, you probably dont have enough experience to know there is a problem. If you like chasing your tail, buy leupold.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Leupold is just fine for old geezers who go the range sight in, shoot 1 box of shells a year if they are lucky and say I hit a pie plate, I am good to go.

Pretty sure that doesn't describe VG. Well except for the Geezer part.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I own 4 Leupolds. I haven't had any issues other than a turret getting stuck on one. They fixed it. All of them have treated me well. They all track accurately and I see everything clearly through them. All of them have held my zero until I change them. My Zeiss is not any better. Even though my VX scopes with duplex reticles are not designed for more than a few hundred yards, I see objects with good clarity at 1000 yards. I'm always looking at roofers and other laborers and objects from my terrace at that distance; to see how they magnify. I know many guys are into Nightforce,Vortex, March,Schmidt and Bender, etc. for the long range shooting(and less). But I'm happy for my purposes. I notice on youtube a high percentage of Leupold scopes are mounted on the rifles in the videos. That gold ring on the objective is very noticeable. Apparently many shooters still use the brand and are satisfied. I shoot a couple of thousand rounds a year.

Last edited by Vinootz; 02/26/20. Reason: addition
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.