Um-shouldn't they be awake?? laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A bar in Nashville where I used to chug a beer or two had the best warning sign I've seen in quite a while:

WARNING TO BURGLARS

THIS ESTABLISHMENT IS GUARDED AFTER BUSINESS HOURS BY A PIT BULL WITH AIDS

IF THAT DOESN'T IMPRESS YOU I'LL INTRODUCE YOU THE BIKER WHO GAVE AIDS TO THE PIT BULL!

LOL!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by logger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Depending on the neighborhood etc., shouldn't they have a method to lock everything up at closing? Safes for the handguns, security drop-down steel gate for the long guns..

I was thinking the same thing. More states are imposing that obligation on individual home owner and I would assume that it would apply as well to any retail sellers of firearms. It is part of Bloomberg's efforts to criminalize firearms ownership. Hold a homeowner criminally liable if some one breaks into a locked house and steals a firearm - which is not in a locked safe.

No where close to an authority on business security myself but I can't even imagine how securely locking down guns from after hours thieves would be even remotely possible with as many new and used firearms a gun shop like Whittaker's keeps out openly on display and in glass cases all the time for customers to handle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by hanco
The large shops here have armed guys sleeping in the stores at night

Um-shouldn't they be awake?? laugh laugh

[Linked Image from progressmichigan.org]

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have been told by the employees at that bass pro that they will not stop anyone who steals from the store. Well they will ask them to give anything they have back if they suspect them of shoplifting, but if the person walks out the door, they walk out.

Johnny Morris policy.

NRA Benefactor life member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I get the rifles being stolen. At the BP I worked at, the rifles had a small cable run through the trigger guards and were locked in place. They all had trigger locks but those are a joke. The hand guns were all loaded on a cart and locked in a vault. Burglars aren't going to wait and try to open that vault. Our store also had people working nearly around the clock and security cameras should have decent footage.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
A LGS we used to frequent had been victim of smash n grab. They installed a level 17 system that would emit a knock down type gas and a screaming debilitating interior/exterior siren. It wasn’t a large place at all so I couldn’t imagine what that thing would do. It was on East Freeway Fort Worth, Tx. Really a great store.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw that on the Nashville news this morning. Pretty brazen, although there have been a series of gun store burglaries all over this part of Kentucky and Tennessee over the course of the past few years.

Damn White thugs.......need to get a job and quit all that stealing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 2,046 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.