Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by jorgeI

OF COURSE! The Brits needed US to get into the war. It was in THEIR national interests....as well as ours..

Aligning with the Communists wasn't in America's national interests,.....or Cuba's.

Isee you haven't changed much in twistingshit around. We are discussing Germany and a declaration of war, PERIOD.. Going to war with Germany AND Japan was.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I didn't forget it NOR did I justify the whole concept of the Corridor, which was clearly a poke in the eye at the Germans for starting WWI (they did you know). I was just addressing what constitutes starting a war. Polish aggression? lol. You must have quite a library of Leni Riefenstahl films..

Do you dispute that more than 300 Germans living in Poland were randomly executed by the Polish Army just days before the German invasion of that nation in an effort to put a stop to the slaughter? This was the pinnacle of Polish aggression against ethnic Germans in Poland. It wasn't a one off affair.

PS Austria (not Germany) declared war on Serbia after a Serbian assassinated the Arch Duke. This was the start of WWI. Was it the assassination that started it? The Austrian declaration of war? The allies of Serbia joining in against Austria, and her allies? All the above? But it wasn't Germany.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Both WWI and WWII were great calamities in which the USA ought to have had no part, but for the machinations of the folks mentioned by Chas Lindbergh in his 19410911 speech.

The involvement of the USA in these conflicts added to the damage and the butcher's bill.

http://www.charleslindbergh.com/americanfirst/speech.asp

It is now two years since this latest European war began. From that day in September, 1939, until the present moment, there has been an over-increasing effort to force the United States into the conflict.

That effort has been carried on by foreign interests, and by a small minority of our own people; but it has been so successful that, today, our country stands on the verge of war...

The three most important groups who have been pressing this country toward war are the British, the Jewish and the Roosevelt administration.

Behind these groups, but of lesser importance, are a number of capitalists, Anglophiles, and intellectuals who believe that the future of mankind depends upon the domination of the British empire. Add to these the Communistic groups who were opposed to intervention until a few weeks ago, and I believe I have named the major war agitators in this country...

And for speaking the truth, Lindbergh was slandered and continues to be slandered.

Well worth reading in its entirety, but this snippet is key to understanding how we got into WWII and the gargantuan, monstrous propaganda effort before, during, and after WWII:
If you will look back over the record, you will find that those of us who oppose intervention have constantly tried to clarify facts and issues; while the interventionists have tried to hide facts and confuse issues.

One thing you can count on is that almost everything we are taught in school and popular histories is trash propaganda. When you read the primary documents of eyewitnesses and such, you get a much different picture. Which is why the authors of primary documents and the documents themselves were then and continue to be suppressed. There are reasons that US Gov't refuses to declassify documents 70+ years old that pertain to the war and the road to war. And it is not to protect encryption techniques your smart phone could bust in the time it would take you to drink a cup of coffee.

It will take historians centuries to re-assemble anything close to the reality of what occurred.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jfruser
One thing you can count on is that almost everything we are taught in school and popular histories is trash propaganda. When you read the primary documents of eyewitnesses and such, you get a much different picture.

Bingo! Great post.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

It will take historians centuries to re-assemble anything close to the reality of what occurred.

Patrick Buchanan's The Unnecessary War does a fairly good job of it.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yes it does.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

As Gutlie Rothschild said, "If my sons wanted no wars, there would be none".

Now there are a lot of kool-aid drinkers who cant figure out why she would say that.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/26/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's interesting to note that FDR had to fight off accusations that he was a Communist during the 1936 election.

History has pretty much settled the question.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
So Japan attacking us and Germany declaring war on us had nothing to do with us entering WW2?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by UPhiker
So Japan attacking us and Germany declaring war on us had nothing to do with us entering WW2?

Japan was intentionally maneuvered into attacking us via provocation after provocation. FDR was determined to get us into the war by hook or by crook.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My opinion, America's involvement in the war in East Asia was justified.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Even those poor farmboys in Montana understand that bigotry is a result of ignorance. If they can do it to them, they can do it to us. Christian tolerance has to be carefully regulated and limited.

mike r
What are you butting into a conversation between two people who don't see eye-to-eye but are having a civil discussion? You are a two-bit lowlife dickweasel who wouldn't know the truth if it bit your non-existent dick off.

That was unnecessary.

EE has trouble comprehending the concept of an open forum, his obsession w/ dicks has taxed his intellectual capacity. These endless diatribes focusing on the same groups by the same deluded small thinkers need an occasional prodding to illustrate the depth of their knowledge.

Some think that they can control the content and tone of this forum by grouping up and increasing their volume. Now I must go and study up on the Rothschilds and the Khazarian mafia.

grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Japan was intentionally maneuvered into attacking us via provocation after provocation. FDR was determined to get us into the war by hook or by crook.

You mean by not selling them resources so that they could continue their war in China? You don't have to sell anything to anybody if you don't want to. I fond it very telling that you constantly make up excuses for the Nazis and Japanese while dumping on the Allied leaders.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You mean by not selling them resources so that they could continue their war in China? You don't have to sell anything to anybody if you don't want to. I fond it very telling that you constantly make up excuses for the Nazis and Japanese while dumping on the Allied leaders.

The embargo involved more than just the US not selling oil to Japan. The US used its Navy to prevent anyone from doing so. That's an act of war.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

The embargo involved more than just the US not selling oil to Japan. The US used its Navy to prevent anyone from doing so. That's an act of war.

BS We had no heavy units west of Hawaii. The Asiatic Fleet based in the Philippines had just a few older cruisers and destroyers. Once again, you're an apologist for a foreign government. You're just like all those Jewish-Americans that you always complain about who put a foreign country ahead of our own.

Last edited by UPhiker; 02/26/20.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"We face the delicate question of the diplomtic fencing to be done so as to be sure Japan is put into the wrong and makes the first bad move -- overt move ... The question was how we should maneuver them into the position of firing the first shot."

From War Secretary Henry Stimson's diary, entry written after a meeting with FDR.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
FDR also froze all Japanese assets in the US, and closed off the Panama Canal to their shipping. More acts of war designed to provoke overt attack.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Um, that wasn't FDR's oil & iron to sell. It was someone else's oil & iron and FDR used the threat of violence to keep the owner from selling it. Your bid at freedom of trade/association cuts both ways.

And the League of Nations thought Japan justified in its campaign in Manchuria. First time I read that, I was dumbfounded, but it is true. China was a flipping mess. How screwed up does a region have to be such that "Invasion by the Japanese Army" is considered a reasonable solution?

Last, Japan was not a threat to America. Sure, some of our colonies were within range of serious Japanese strike capability, but continental USA? Not so much. And those colonies would never have been attacked were it not for FDR's mad rush to war.

Our leaders deserved great criticism for their perfidy. Most folks killed by gov't violence the last couple hundred years were killed by their own government's violence. I may not be a fan of some Japan's or Germany's leadership, but Tojo and Hitler had no capability to harm those of my family alive in the 1940s. FDR did and his threat of violence caused my grandfather to be grievously wounded and to die of his war wounds after FDR died in the arms of his mistress in Warm Springs, Georgia.

FDR, Churchill, and all their supporters and enablers stank on ice.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Germany declared war on us.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Germany declared war on us.

That occurred automatically due to their mutual defense pact with Japan, which was precisely what the communist FDR was counting on.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,626
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.