Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by broomd
nuke that farking place.....

I am pretty hard core black and white.

But, I know there are a lot of decent people in these areas. Try looking up the guy Jim talked about earlier. Google bald & bankrupt youtube videos. The people he meets in the former soviet republics is pretty amazing.

Montana MOFO
BP-B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Ex girlfriend was Armenian. Her family ended up here as her dad was a high level politician in Azerbaijan early 1990’s. Chechens wanted him dead as he was giving intel to a different coalition/faction. so they fled in the middle of the night suddenly. They only took clothes on there back. Her father has since gone back many times to Armenia/Azerbaijan. We thought about going to the region and traveling to multiple countries there while dating 7 years ago. He asked if I wanted to see 30 years old.

I answered yes obviously. His response was then stay out of Chechnya or Dagestan. He was not playing either

Been 7 years. Maybe it’s changed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like a great place for snowflakes to go backpacking.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The only way I would go is if I could take a couple of friends with me: 1st Cavalry Division and the 101st Airborne.

Jim
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 5thShock
If you go too who will plan and run the operation to get your son out?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Looks like it’s a go for both of us.

Thanks BGGruff. Will try.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I used to visit Dagestan in the 90's and the caucuses are beautiful country. Have a few friends from Dagestan. One ended up in prison. Big surprise

Id be leery going there on my own these days unless you have trustworthy local contacts. That area is known for kidnapping tourists.

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'd love to see the Caucasus someday. If you end up going Tarkio post up some pics and a write up please!

Will try.

Believe we will be mostly on the coast and not up in the mountains which is good and bad.

Lot more stable and safe on the sea. Not as cool country to see though compared to being in the mountains.

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ribka

I used to visit Dagestan in the 90's and the caucuses are beautiful country. Have a few friends from Dagestan. One ended up in prison. Big surprise

Id be leery going there on my own these days unless you have trustworthy local contacts. That area is known for kidnapping tourists.

Group was invited by a couple clubs in Dagestan. Will he hosted by them.

I believe we are picking up an interpreter in Moscow in the way in.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Originally Posted by old_willys
Originally Posted by Snyper
Dagestan – Sufi groups in pursuit of the establishment of Sharia law.

says it all!

What it said was the Salafists were attacking the Sufis in order to establish Sharia Law.

I'm sure they'd be happy to take a little time out to carve up an American or two.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I seem to remember a college kid who visited North Korea. You country my not be quite as bad but it’s close. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should be okay but play it safe and post a Gun Free Zone sign on your car and rooms.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Safe travels and I hope that you’ll be able to do a write up on your experience.

Is this a church sponsored or type trip? Despite your reason for going there I really hope you and your son have a good time but most importantly I hope you guys come home in 1 piece. 👍👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd love to see the Caucasus someday. If you end up going Tarkio post up some pics and a write up please!

Will try.

Believe we will be mostly on the coast and not up in the mountains which is good and bad.

Lot more stable and safe on the sea. Not as cool country to see though compared to being in the mountains.

There's a lot of very nice sea coast in TX, FL, SC,NC,..... In most of these places, the bathing beauties aren't wearing burkas in the water.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Safe travels and I hope that you’ll be able to do a write up on your experience.

Is this a church sponsored or type trip? Despite your reason for going there I really hope you and your son have a good time but most importantly I hope you guys come home in 1 piece. 👍👍

Sports.

Montana MOFO
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kingston

This!

Maybe Georgia.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have fun and safe travels.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Sports.

WOW! That’s commitment to the sport.

I’m sure it’ll be a memorable trip and you guys will be able to say that you’ve been to a corner of the world that very few have.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tarkio, your son must be quite the wrestler to get that invite. A wrestler from my high school was invited on a similar trip back in the late 90s. He ended his wrestling career at Oklahoma State...

Good luck and safe travels! Looking forward to hear about the trip.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pointer
Tarkio, your son must be quite the wrestler to get that invite. A wrestler from my high school was invited on a similar trip back in the late 90s. He ended his wrestling career at Oklahoma State...

Good luck and safe travels! Looking forward to hear about the trip.

The Caucuses have. a long history and great passion for the sport of wrestling and it is the national sport of Dagestan. When I went there somehow it came up I wrestled and my Dad was a wrestling coach. They really lit up and treated me like gold. And the mafias in Russia and Georgia Dagestan employ ex wrestlers as body guards, enforcement . Bet he is treated very well there.

Last edited by ribka; 02/27/20.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
449 members (160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.