Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 45 of 62 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 61 62
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
It took years before I became a Christian after I became a creationist...

What deity did you attribute creation to prior to your
new but belated faith in Christian fundamentalism?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Ringman mentions prejudice. smile

I am no longer prejudice. I am informed. When I was twenty-five my favorite evolutionist was proven wrong by another evolutionist who had facts instead of prejudice. I read a lot of books and discovered ALL evolutionists are discredited by other evolutionists. Very sad state of affairs for a devout evolutionist. I was convinced religious people had warped minds and didn't want any of the neighbors taking my kids to Sunday School.

If you actually did serious investigation you would become a creationist.

You assume that I have not done a 'serious' investigation because you don't agree with what I say. If you looked at religion and its foundations objectively, you would become an atheist or an agnostic.

Like I said, If you actually did serious investigation you would become a creationist. It took years before I became a Christian after I became a creationist. So I did the work and have read many books since. You might do well to read the book "Jesus and Mohamad". The guy was an Islam IMAM by age twenty or so. He was second in a class of 6,000 from Cairo University. He now has a Ph.D. in world religions and became a Christian. I don't think you could convince him he needs to do more study. He and I are more convinced than you.

Not to mention the countless numbers of people who put in the study time and become atheists as a result. Many becoming atheists because of their study of the bible.

Would you become a Muslim if you studied the Quran? Would you become a Hindu if you studied the Gita?

No more than you. They don't have legal historical evidence of a living Savior. Christians do.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They don't have legal historical evidence of a living Savior. Christians do.

What is your 'legal historical evidence'
For a Jesus resurrection?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by DBT
Atheism... It is simply a matter of not being convinced in the existence of a God or gods.
With you it is clearly much more than that.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
...you can't stand to see someone believe in a higher power.
Nailed it, plain and simple. Period.

Atheism is nothing more to me than a lack of conviction in the the existence of a God or gods....just as it is with you in relation to all the versions of God or gods that humankind believes in....barring one, your own. That is an observation.

Then what drives you to push your lack of conviction on those who are convinced? Since you are unconvinced they are dumbasses because they are convinced? BS. Liar.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Oh, I certainly fail, and quite often. Nonetheless, I don’t answer to you. You are certainly able to beat your drum without the bs. I reckon you like the attention? Weird, huh?

I AIN'T anywhere near as weird or backward as those that believe in primitive TALES

and nothing beats the attention grabbing tactics
of easy bruising christians claiming victim status.

We think you're pretty weird. Is there a law against being backward? We know it grates on you. You grate on us. I tell you what, if you dont talk to us, we wont talk to you. Deal?

Dont want to answer, Starfish?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
..just as it is with you in relation to all the versions of God or gods that humankind believes in....barring one, your own..

Why do you suppose christians are void of conviction
concerning the existence of other gods?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dont want to answer, Starfish?

You told your bretheren not to talk to me,
but you still desperately want to talk to me... Tff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Not to mention the countless numbers of people who put in the study time and become atheists as a result. Many becoming atheists because of their study of the bible.

I believe you believe this. I don't. They have not studied Christian Apologetics. There's just too much supported available information for the serious student to reject Christianity.

Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Ringman mentions prejudice. smile

I am no longer prejudice. I am informed. When I was twenty-five my favorite evolutionist was proven wrong by another evolutionist who had facts instead of prejudice. I read a lot of books and discovered ALL evolutionists are discredited by other evolutionists. Very sad state of affairs for a devout evolutionist. I was convinced religious people had warped minds and didn't want any of the neighbors taking my kids to Sunday School.

If you actually did serious investigation you would become a creationist.

You assume that I have not done a 'serious' investigation because you don't agree with what I say. If you looked at religion and its foundations objectively, you would become an atheist or an agnostic.

Like I said, If you actually did serious investigation you would become a creationist. It took years before I became a Christian after I became a creationist. So I did the work and have read many books since. You might do well to read the book "Jesus and Mohamad". The guy was an Islam IMAM by age twenty or so. He was second in a class of 6,000 from Cairo University. He now has a Ph.D. in world religions and became a Christian. I don't think you could convince him he needs to do more study. He and I are more convinced than you.

Would you become a Muslim if you studied the Quran? Would you become a Hindu if you studied the Gita?

No more than you. They don't have legal historical evidence of a living Savior. Christians do.

Christianity is based on the words of the gospel authors who wrote about what they heard, and Paul based on his subjective conversion experience.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Atheism... It is simply a matter of not being convinced in the existence of a God or gods.
With you it is clearly much more than that.
...you can't stand to see someone believe in a higher power.
Nailed it, plain and simple. Period.

Atheism is nothing more to me than a lack of conviction in the the existence of a God or gods....just as it is with you in relation to all the versions of God or gods that humankind believes in....barring one, your own. That is an observation.

Then what drives you to push your lack of conviction on those who are convinced? Since you are unconvinced they are dumbasses because they are convinced? BS. Liar.

Cowardly words hurled from the security of your anonymity. Which makes you a coward.

I argue because I see unfounded claims being made and the divisive nature of faith, which sows conflict and strife in the world.

Look at your own response, lowdown and dirty, insulting and cowardly.

Is that representative of faith and Christianity? If so, it should be argued against.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT

Let's point out cowardly.

You steal the password of a legit 2004 account in 2016, so your troll BS will seem legit.

Then you do nothin but troll religion threads constantly, though claimin ta be an atheist, who would not be interested in such threads, less that atheist was a lyin POS.

Contribute absolutely nothing to the forum.

Is that representative of religion thread trolls? If so, it should be argued against.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Christianity is based on the words of the gospel authors who wrote about what they heard, and Paul based on his subjective conversion experience.

Christianity is based on legal historical evidence of a risen Jesus Christ. Both protagonists and antagonists wrote about Him. I remember one Caesar claimed Jesus tricked people into believing He had been killed and raised. The problem with that is there were Roman government eye witnesses who saw Jesus dead; and in frustration stabbed Him with a spear. That's why the early manuscripts spread so much. They were read by someone who was a witness or knew someone who was a reliable witness.

Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Let's point out cowardly.

You steal the password of a legit 2004 account in 2016, so your troll BS will seem legit.

Then you do nothin but troll religion threads constantly, though claimin ta be an atheist, who would not be interested in such threads, less that atheist was a lyin POS.

Contribute absolutely nothing to the forum.

Is that representative of religion thread trolls? If so, it should be argued against.

That comes across as delusional.

I don't steal passwords or accounts.

You are off the rails.

Didn't you accuse Starman of doing that?

Or perhaps you imagine only one antagonist who 'stole' multiple accounts?

That's what you call paranoia. Utterly delusional. Please seek professional help.

Last edited by DBT; 02/26/20.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Christianity is based on legal historical evidence of a risen Jesus Christ. Both protagonists and antagonists wrote about Him. I remember one Caesar claimed Jesus tricked people into believing He had been killed and raised. The problem with that is there were Roman government eye witnesses who saw Jesus dead; and in frustration stabbed Him with a spear. That's why the early manuscripts spread so much. They were read by someone who was a witness or knew someone who was a reliable witness.

I think you may be defining 'legal' somewhat loosely, to put it mildly.

Nobody would define the new testament as a legal document.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by CCCC
s
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Someone new just reading here might think the idea was to drive non believers away.
Sir, respectfully, you start a great many of these threads...knowing ahead of time that once the resident atheists show up...it’s gonna become what it often does. Unfortunately. It’d be no different if one started a thread titled ‘Why are you a Conservative’ and then when the resident liberals showed up it’d turn into the same kinda mess.
Yes, the attacking posts are now as predictable as a summer sunrise, However, I'm not at all certain that the attackers are actually "atheists" as such. To call them that might be giving them more credence than deserved. Obviously, they are seeking to bait Christians and stir animosity - possibly simply because they cannot stand for fellow humans to be secure in such rewarding beliefs when they, themselves, cannot reach that state or condition. Predictable, but maybe not easily understood.

If you started threads with titles like "Why are you an Atheist?" or "Why are you a liberal?" Would they NOT turn into identical messes? You should try it. wink

We've already ran that experiment.

Second poster was Jax....
Kind of Ironic....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
s
Someone new just reading here might think the idea was to drive non believers away.
Sir, respectfully, you start a great many of these threads...knowing ahead of time that once the resident atheists show up...it’s gonna become what it often does. Unfortunately. It’d be no different if one started a thread titled ‘Why are you a Conservative’ and then when the resident liberals showed up it’d turn into the same kinda mess.
Yes, the attacking posts are now as predictable as a summer sunrise, However, I'm not at all certain that the attackers are actually "atheists" as such. To call them that might be giving them more credence than deserved. Obviously, they are seeking to bait Christians and stir animosity - possibly simply because they cannot stand for fellow humans to be secure in such rewarding beliefs when they, themselves, cannot reach that state or condition. Predictable, but maybe not easily understood.

If you started threads with titles like "Why are you an Atheist?" or "Why are you a liberal?" Would they NOT turn into identical messes? You should try it. wink

Kind of Ironic....

Jax, who complained bitterly about the morality of atheists posting on Christian threads.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some where it is written, "They shall know we are Christians by our love." How about letting that show some?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
s

Kind of Ironic....

Jax, who complained bitterly about the morality of atheists posting on Christian threads.

One side is trying to shut down debate. One isn't.

Kind of telling....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some where it is written, "They shall know we are Christians by our love." How about letting that show some?

You are an example of the best of Christianity.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Not here. Here it is wirtten "They shall show they are campfire citizens by their hate." And so it is.

Page 45 of 62 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.