Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 48 of 62 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 61 62
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Backwards? You cant understand the thread question and yet you want to tell us you have all the answers. Unreal.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Backwards? You cant understand the thread question and yet you want to tell us you have all the answers. Unreal.

Doc,

Take 400mg of chlorpromazine, 2 shot of Bourbon, and call me in the morning.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Do a little reading about Simon Greenleaf....

We don't even have eyewitness accounts in the gospels, nor was Paul aware of some
of the gospel stories about Jesus, apparently being later additions.

Ross Clifford, a former barrister, theologian and affirms the case for the resurrection of Jesus.
he has a book "Leading Lawyers' Case for the Resurrection" where he devoted a brief chapter on Greenleaf.

He raises a technical question about the ancient documents rule and suggested that hypothetically
a court could admit the gospels as ancient documents, but that does not mean that their specific
contents are automatically acknowledged as facts
(p. 141).

In Cliffords other book:"Clifford John Warwick Montgomery's Legal Apologetic" ....Clifford states:

"The 'Ancient Documents' rule at common law has traditionally related more to the authentication
of the document than with the admissibility of its contents. It does not automatically lead to admission
of the substance of the document irrespective of its credibility. The question as to whether the
authentication of the gospels under the 'Ancient Documents' rule leads to receiving their
substance into evidence is contentious. It could be strongly pleaded there is justification for
doing so. Yet, it should be noted such pleading would be met by the adverse party's strong
rejoinder"
(pp. 60-61 & 63).

Greenleaf argues that in several places there are discrepancies between accounts of Matthew and Mark,
as sufficient evidence to destroy the probability that the latter copied from the former.
...But when it comes to the striking coincidences between them,( in style, words, and things in other places)
he does not like to attribute such as evidence for the probabilty of one copying the other.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The topic in question (Why are you a Christian?) is in an open forum – nice concise logical question. Non-believers are also entitled to view the postings and are interested in the responses.

Similar to most threads involving religion, somewhere along the line a believer will make comment that their faith is based on proven facts. Non-believers politely ask them to substantiate this statement and basis of their information, out of interest. If a response is provided, the non-believers will point out that these are indeed not facts, with logical reasoning of contradictory information in cases, the more vocal believers get angry, make idle threats, and the scheissefest begins.

Why do those of “faith” argue it to be “fact” when clearly it isn’t – it’s called faith for a reason. Simple guide to the definitions: “Faith” has no proof. Facts can be proved.

I think there’s a lot of brainwashing going on – monkeys believing in ghosts teaching other monkeys to believe in ghosts.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is the issue resolved yet? anybody changed positions?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by DBT
You and a few others are the one's who seek to shut down discourse with the use of ad Homs and insults. That is your stock in trade, all the while maintaining the pretense of being innocent victims.

Isn't that what happened when you posted that I was delusional and you were gonna report me for pointin out you are a troll?

To accuse me of hacking accounts is both false and delusional. Or maybe you are just a plain and simple Idiot. The result is the same whatever the case, you make false accusations.

So either produce the evidence to back your accusations or shut your yap.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The topic in question (Why are you a Christian?) is in an open forum – nice concise logical question. Non-believers are also entitled to view the postings and DERAIL THEM.

Why do those of “faith” argue it to be “fact” when clearly it isn’t – it’s called faith for a reason. Simple guide to the definitions: “Faith” has no proof. Facts can be proved. WHO SAID IT WAS PROVEN SCIENTIFIC FACT. ARE YOU LYING?

I think there’s a lot of brainwashing going on – monkeys believing in ghosts teaching other monkeys to believe in ghosts.

FIXT.
Well, then, start your own thread and see if us monkeys try to convince you of ghosts, liar.

Be easy to prove, just start right up, liar.

I guess you're afraid of us monkeys brain washing you, right? Afraid you're too weak minded to resist and afraid to take the chance? Sure you are. I would be too if I were as half brained as you.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/26/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Hastings
Is the issue resolved yet? anybody changed positions?

Turned the other cheek?

Kent

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Do a little reading about Simon Greenleaf....

We don't even have eyewitness accounts in the gospels, nor was Paul aware of some
of the gospel stories about Jesus, apparently being later additions.

Ross Clifford, a former barrister, theologian and affirms the case for the resurrection of Jesus.
he has a book "Leading Lawyers' Case for the Resurrection" where he devoted a brief chapter on Greenleaf.

He raises a technical question about the ancient documents rule and suggested that hypothetically
a court could admit the gospels as ancient documents, but that does not mean that their specific
contents are automatically acknowledged as facts
(p. 141).

In Cliffords other book:"Clifford John Warwick Montgomery's Legal Apologetic" ....Clifford states:

"The 'Ancient Documents' rule at common law has traditionally related more to the authentication
of the document than with the admissibility of its contents. It does not automatically lead to admission
of the substance of the document irrespective of its credibility. The question as to whether the
authentication of the gospels under the 'Ancient Documents' rule leads to receiving their
substance into evidence is contentious. It could be strongly pleaded there is justification for
doing so. Yet, it should be noted such pleading would be met by the adverse party's strong
rejoinder"
(pp. 60-61 & 63).

Greenleaf argues that in several places there are discrepancies between accounts of Matthew and Mark,
sufficient to destroy the probability that the latter copied from the former..But when it comes to
the striking coincidences between them,( in style, words, and things in other places) he does not
like to attribute such to one copying the other.

Yes, indeed, but I doubt if our theist friends read the actual wording. Just a word here and there and jump to a conclusion. The mere presence of the term 'legal document' is enough to get them excited.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
You and a few others are the one's who seek to shut down discourse with the use of ad Homs and insults. That is your stock in trade, all the while maintaining the pretense of being innocent victims.

Isn't that what happened when you posted that I was delusional and you were gonna report me for pointin out you are a troll?

To accuse me of hacking accounts is both false and delusional. Or maybe you are just a plain and simple Idiot. The result is the same whatever the case, you make false accusations.

All anybody hasta do is view your post history.

It's there for everbody ta see.

You're a troll.

IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm not going to read this Campfire thread. It's like the Bible, we know how it ends.

All the God haters are calling the christians hypocrits and yelling as loud as they can to try to shut them up.

Isn't it ironic how bad they want to post on a Why are you a christian thread?

You are only seeing things from your side, turning a blind eye to the antics of some of the Christians who respond to normal rational questioning in a cowardly abusive manner. Take a good look at the behavior of Jag or Furb and tell me that this is a good example of Christianity

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahaha. All of you scientific geniuses are too gutless to start your own thread. Now tell us why we should believe a bunch of internet cowards.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm not going to read this Campfire thread. It's like the Bible, we know how it ends.

All the God haters are calling the christians hypocrits and yelling as loud as they can to try to shut them up.

Isn't it ironic how bad they want to post on a Why are you a christian thread?

You are only seeing things from your side, turning a blind eye to the antics of some of the Christians who respond to normal rational questioning in a cowardly abusive manner. Take a good look at the behavior of Jag or Furb and tell me that this is a good example of Christianity

I'm not reading the thread. I already know how it ends. It's always been this way on the campfire.

LOL
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

All anybody hasta do is view your post history.

It's there for everbody ta see.

You're a troll.

That's not evidence that I hacked an account to use for trolling. Both accusations are false. The simple fact is that people like you are intolerant when it comes to questioning beliefs.

Either present evidence for your accusations or shut your yap and your childish whining.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Hahaha. All of you scientific geniuses are too gutless to start your own thread. Now tell us why we should believe a bunch of internet cowards.

You jumped in immediately one was started. Are you a complete idiot?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Jaq, you are embarrassing yourself. All you've got is name-calling. No arguments, no logic, no facts. Oh, and did I mention that as a Christian you're a fake and a fraud?

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The topic in question (Why are you a Christian?) is in an open forum – nice concise logical question. Non-believers are also entitled to view the postings and are interested in the responses.

Similar to most threads involving religion, somewhere along the line a believer will make comment that their faith is based on proven facts. Non-believers politely ask them to substantiate this statement and basis of their information, out of interest. If a response is provided, the non-believers will point out that these are indeed not facts, with logical reasoning of contradictory information in cases, the more vocal believers get angry, make idle threats, and the scheissefest begins.

Why do those of “faith” argue it to be “fact” when clearly it isn’t – it’s called faith for a reason. Simple guide to the definitions: “Faith” has no proof. Facts can be proved.

But atheism is grounded in faith every bit as much as theism.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Jaq,.. Oh, and did I mention that as a Christian you're a fake and a fraud?

He knows, but he feels compelled to reinforce the fact to no end.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin

But atheism is grounded in faith every bit as much as theism.

Atheism is based on absence of evidence.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Got tarquim, beanie baby, basturmation, alla the trolls and sockpuppets jumpin in tonight.

Water got a little deep for their act.

What a amazin coincidence. Do weaker animals hafta run in packs, or did the commie network throw out the troll signal?

Only one missin now, is pedophiler.

Page 48 of 62 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,400 guests, and 701 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.