Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I bought a used Accumark in December as a backup bean field rifle. I have put 60+ rounds thru it since then. It weighs 7.3 lbs(bare rifle) with a pretty decent barrel contour. It's probably the most consistently accurate rifle I have ever owned. When I took it hunting I purchased 2 boxes of WB barnes 80 TTSX, shoots them like no tomorrow, have shot 100 grain I guess hornady factory loads as well. . Who owns one and what type of game have they taken with it? Its so light and handy thinking Mule Deer and antelope out west, Whitetail where rifles are allowed.

BP-B6

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have always wanted to dabble with the 240 Wby. One of these days I will buy one in a Vanguard, or some such. Ideal Whitetail, Antelope type rifle.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I have always wanted to dabble with the 240 Wby. One of these days I will buy one in a Vanguard, or some such. Ideal Whitetail, Antelope type rifle.

One thing I have to do is shoot all my factory ammo and reload for this rifle. I am not thrilled with factory choices other then the 100 grain partition. Recoil non existent for me.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's just a skinnier .25/06, except the ammo costs a LOT more. Whatever you'd do with the .25, you can do with the .24. Your choice, which I won't quibble with. I've got a cousin with a .243 WSSM, it kills deer just as dead as his previous .243s or 6mm Remington.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
It's just a skinnier .25/06, except the ammo costs a LOT more. Whatever you'd do with the .25, you can do with the .24. Your choice, which I won't quibble with. I've got a cousin with a .243 WSSM, it kills deer just as dead as his previous .243s or 6mm Remington.

Kinda shocked at ammo prices. They have cut prices on Weatherby ammo plus you end up with Norma brass grin

If your going to look to improve accuracy by hand loading it would be a waste of time, it is that accurate. Just not happy with the factory bullet selection.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I won’t ever hunt mule deer with mine again. Simply put, its the finest antelope cartridge out there, it wasn't designed to handle big bucks in rut.

Last edited by Sakohunter264; 02/27/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am having Wby custom shop building me a mkv BACKCOUNTRY 240 bee. 1 to 7.7 twist I believe is the new twist. 5.7 lbs. I can get 3400 fps with a 100 nosler partitions with my old accuguard. I will be trying some heavier ones with this one

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
i owned one. and some weatherby brass and some dies. at the end of the day, best thing about it was the name.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
? Its so light and handy thinking Mule Deer and antelope out west, Whitetail where rifles are allowed.

The 240 is a wicked little round and will handle Mule Deer, Antelope and Whitetail superbly. Not sure what the heck Sakohunter 264 is thinking, but If he can't quickly dispatch a Muley or a "big buck in a rut" with a 240, he's not doing something right.

I love my 240. It's an accurate little sucker and just whacks the snot out of game. I use mine here in Central Tx for Axis, Whitetail, Hogs and Coyotes. My go to load utilizes RL-26 and a 95 gr NBT at 3450. I use it for everything.

My son just killed his first deer with my 240, a young Axis buck, a few weeks ago. The shot was 211 yds off a shooting stick, from inside a pop up blind. Dropped him right where he stood. Pretty good shot, especially given the conditions. I was proud of him. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just before the moment of truth. I had buck fever worse than he did! Ha!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Schit Rifle.

Schit Chambering

Schit brass.

Hint. Congratulations?!?

Not that I don't enjoy the Haybale & Crockett "Adventures",on the inside of the fence. Hint. Laughing!

A 243 Kreedmire smokes everything cited,simply due mechanics and brassly splendors. Boolits matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fuuck just when I thought you finally ate one.... grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
I won’t ever hunt mule deer with mine again. Simply put, its the finest antelope cartridge out there, it wasn't designed to handle big bucks in rut.

What happened?

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Judman
Fuuck just when I thought you finally ate one.... grin

One day. Probably going to be taken out by a CF member who hates him that much. He is a waste of time.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fotis
I am having Wby custom shop building me a mkv BACKCOUNTRY 240 bee. 1 to 7.7 twist I believe is the new twist. 5.7 lbs. I can get 3400 fps with a 100 nosler partitions with my old accuguard. I will be trying some heavier ones with this one

Post some pics when you get it .

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've had good results with the 95gr Partitions on deer and hogs here in S Georgia.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Whining Clueless Kchunts are a hoot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy Fhuqktards swoonin' Dog Schit and Goat Fhuqks,to obliviously quantify their STUPIDITY. Hint.

Purty "exciting" to have shot a Schit Rifle,with Schit Brass and Schit Boolits a "whopping" 60 times! With "luck",she'll dangle pictures of the parcel and go Full Retard,by simply trying her hardest. Though her Lady Friend is shooting Partition Parachutes into Paper. Hint. LAUGHING!

Here's to the Perpetual HILARITY,of you Droolers doing your best. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I've had good results with the 95gr Partitions on deer and hogs here in S Georgia.

Good to know. What ranges have they been shot at?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not too far here, but up at our place in PA, I've taken ground hogs ~350 yards.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...now Dumb and DUMBER are gonna give Boolits and Ballistics a whirl,with their Drool Bibs fully fitted. Hint. Congratulations?!?

WhoreHey!,maybe extoll how you got 'er "set up",with them bitchin' .343 GI BC's and how you align POA/POI intersections,with Flame Thrown Ping Pong Balls. Mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk,if you try. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon my shooting more .243" bores in a single outing,than you two CLUELESS Fhuqktards have in your "life". Hint. LAUGHING!

Few things funnier,than Fhuqktards swoonin' L/A Goat Fhuqks,wearing schit RPM and flingin' the bottom of the barrel Ping Pong balls,outta SCHIT brass,as their Swan Song. Hint. Re-LAUGHING!

Oooopsie! Google it all. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Pardon a S/A CRUSHING your Pipe Dreams,as you pair of Fhuqktards,deftly negotiate to Out Retard one another,with your Drool Chronicles. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
? Its so light and handy thinking Mule Deer and antelope out west, Whitetail where rifles are allowed.

The 240 is a wicked little round and will handle Mule Deer, Antelope and Whitetail superbly. Not sure what the heck Sakohunter 264 is thinking, but If he can't quickly dispatch a Muley or a "big buck in a rut" with a 240, he's not doing something right.

I love my 240. It's an accurate little sucker and just whacks the snot out of game. I use mine here in Central Tx for Axis, Whitetail, Hogs and Coyotes. My go to load utilizes RL-26 and a 95 gr NBT at 3450. I use it for everything.

My son just killed his first deer with my 240, a young Axis buck, a few weeks ago. The shot was 211 yds off a shooting stick, from inside a pop up blind. Dropped him right where he stood. Pretty good shot, especially given the conditions. I was proud of him. smile

Just before the moment of truth. I had buck fever worse than he did! Ha!

More info please. smile

Congrats to your son on killing his first buck. wink

Last edited by elkhunternm; 02/28/20.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
92 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 7887mm08, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 724 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.