Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
...what a combination of dick heads.

Bodycam footage shows heartbreaking arrest of sobbing 6-year-old girl at Florida school: ‘Please let me go!’

Newly released body camera footage shows the moment a school resource officer arrests a sobbing 6-year-old girl in Orlando, Florida.

Turner arrested the child at the school after staff said she had a temper tantrum in the classroom.

According to the child's grandmother, Kaia was acting out in class due to a medical condition, so the teacher sent her to the office for discipline.

When Kaia arrived at the principal's office, assistant principal Beverly Stoute reportedly grabbed the child's wrists in order to calm Kaia down. Kaia reportedly kicked at Stoute when Stoute attempted to restrain the child. Stoute called the school's resource officer over the incident and reportedly said that she wanted to press charges against the child.

A short time later, Turner and an Orlando Police Department transport officer arrived at the office to take Kaia into custody. Turner then restrained Kaia with zip ties and took her for processing.

Authorities previously denied a public records request, but the family's attorney was able to obtain the video and release it for the public to see.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/video...aze%20Daily%20AM%20-%20last%20270%20days

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Your headline should read- Grandparents and Parents raise a spoiled and entitled little $hit.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Let me guess, black kid???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one read the article? OP didnt copy and paste the whole thing.

Officer was fired for violating dept policy. No kids under 12 without Supervisor approval. Apparently earlier in the day he had done the same thing to another 6 year old and was stopped. Guess he decided he didn't like dept. policy.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Unfortunate for sure. Sounds like a kid with that condition may have been in the wrong type of school,but at 6, it was probably early on in the process before she would be moved to some kind of special needs or alternative school.

If it was a medical condition, why would she be sent to the office for discipline? What good would that do?

In my experience, you never see resource officers at the elementary level, I'm assuming he was called in from a local middle or high school. Could they not get in touch with the parents or guardians instead to come deal with it? I give no apologies for the kids actions but it sounds like the AP escalated things because she wanted to press charges because of a kick.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The real point of the story is FUGGED up parents send FUGGED up kids to school where teachers and administration have deal with them. It is a no win situation fo school staff.

In the first place, my kids never would have behaved in such a manner, but if they had, they would have been begging the cops to keep them a few more days so as to delay the ass whipping when they got home.

Hell, even my dogs, horses, and cows are better trained than that. Medical condition my ass. Lack of discipline, pure and simple. That little six year old still thinks she is the Alpha dog.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Awwwe, bless her heart, maybe she is on the spectrum.

Just misunderstood.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
Awwwe, bless her heart, maybe she is on the spectrum.

Just misunderstood.

The spectrum does exist. Kids can be all over the place. I hope your grandkids or whatever never have autism. Its not something to take lightly. We dont know the situation at the girls house...the whole lack of discipline...may be case, it may be not. My best friend has a daughter that is extremely smart but will go crazy at the drop of a hat. Another can kid can touch a pencil on her desk and thats it. Whippings/spankings, time outs, nothing works. Medicine is helping some...its a sad situation. She has recently pulled all of her eyebrows out just from anxiety, etc. Sad to see a 11yo go through this. My buddy and his wife are at whits end. Their other daughter is perfectly normal.

Last edited by killerv; 02/28/20.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My daughter is a kindergarten teacher and has had kids cuss her, scream at her, and even attack her. One bit her a few years ago, and when she carried the kid to the office, they suspended the kid for attacking the teacher. The parent went nuts and wanted the kid put back in school saying it was not the kids fault! It left teeth marks and a big black and blue spot on her arm for a few weeks.
Never anything wrong with the kids, it is always somebody else fault, BS, if the kid had stabbed her with scissors, she would have been just as stabbed, kids fault or not, on the spectrum, or not.
I know there are kids with problems, but we can not put them is special classes where they can get the extra help they need. No we have to put them in the regular classes where they can disrupt it and take extra care so that the teachers do not have time to teach the rest of the kids. We have to put them in the regular classes because "there is nothing wrong with MY Child" parents, until something happens and then, it is "well it's not the child's fault, it is his med's are not right".
Which is it, YOUR child has a problem, or he does not, pick one because you can't have it both ways.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
FFS, the kid was 6. If a teacher and an administrator can't handle a 6 year old without a cop, they need to find other jobs.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They have to put them in regular classes because a lot of these kids get put on 504 plans and then the school's hands are tied.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
FFS, the kid was 6. If a teacher and an administrator can't handle a 6 year old without a cop, they need to find other jobs.

This.

The situation got out of had because the AP acted like a child.

In addition to the Cop, the AP should be fired.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/28/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Man I get it, but these days a teacher or admin touches a kid wrong and you lose your job over it, lose your retirement/pension, etc. Lose everything you've worked for. AP showed their butt but wanting charges filed against a 6yo...that childish in itself

Last edited by killerv; 02/28/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pullit for the win.

No Child Left behind means exactly that.

There is a fleet of minivans that haul problem kids to the local
schools. One kid per van, mandated.

A contracted "educator" on the grounds gets paid to deal with them
in a very low student/teacher ratio. Special cafeteria.

One example is the girl who ambushed a friends 7th grade daughter
in the bathroom. Slammed her head into the wall. A concussion
missed a few days school, a good week until she felt right.
Cops, the whole deal. Kids still in school, getting the executive VIP package.
(County of under 50k, 98% white. Not considered a rough place here)

Then there are those who are in the standard classrooms.
They may have an adult assigned to them on a one/one basis.
This person goes everywhere that kid goes. Ready to swoop in
for whatever need they have.

My daughter's, in 'accelerated" classes ride the Cheese Wagon.
And sit in advanced math classes, chemistry... largly self taught with an IPad.

Nothing's wrong here!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

This.

100%

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

This.

The fact that the AP couldn’t handle a 6 year old stands alone and should be dealt with as such. That has ‘zero’ to do with a schitt call on the part of the SRO.
‘I want that child arrested/charged!”
No and maybe...........but it’ll be done after the fact.
“I want that child removed from this school”
Cool.........call mom/dad and have them slide on down here. Oh, you don’t want to deal with mom. Outstanding, figure it out because she’s not going with us.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From what I've seen goofy and grotesque things like cops putting 6 year olds under arrest happen when the responsible adults are not allowed to be adults. The State, once let in, demands to be the only grown up in the room and all the real people are required, by law, to be morons.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
If the police need to be called to deal with a 6 year old (outside of truly abhorrent exceptions), should the adults calling be referred to as ‘responsible’?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Folks do not want the cops involved.

Please suggestions: Just what is a teacher to do when some feral child interrupts the learning experience of the entire classroom. And what is the teacher/administrator supposed to do when said feral child physically attacks them.

Sure, the child is actually harmless enough today. But in four, or six, or eight years that child will no longer be harmless. And our school personnel have better things to do with their time than trying to tame wild animals.

Hell, let's build a set of padded cells in each school. We can just toss the little beasts into the cell as they get off the bus and release them to go home at quitting time. At least then the educators can get back to the job they are supposed to be doing.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Let me guess, black kid???

Both the kid and the cop were black.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.