GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by sse
i've already heard they are not reporting death numbers anymore

But did they report accurate numbers of infected survivors[or do they even know]?

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
900 people get the Corona virus and the whole world wants to wear a surgical mask. 30 million people have AIDS but still nobody wants to wear a condom

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
China is lying about it's impact there, and origin? Gee, what a shocker.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by sse
i've already heard they are not reporting death numbers anymore

They cant count fast enough.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by saskfox
900 people get the Corona virus and the whole world wants to wear a surgical mask. 30 million people have AIDS but still nobody wants to wear a condom

S Korea hit 1000 cases Tuesday. Th am they passed 2000 cases.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Far more serious is Trump having shut down and closed most of the nations health and welfare facilities, laid off and fired some 50% of the scientist and professionals that worked in those fields, and cut by some 45% of the CDC's budget. To top that off, the person in charge of vetting potential new hires is a 23 year old college drop-out who worked temporally as one of Trumps election aids. His immediate supervisor or boss is a 29 year old new hire with no experience who also was one of Trumps election aids. There's no one left in the country's disease control with any experience and authority to do anything as to handling this possible pandemic.

Phil

That story is crap. Even the AP has debunked it:

https://www.breitbart.com/health/20...e-lying-to-the-public-about-coronavirus/

While we're at it, the Ebola czar appointed by OBarry that everyone is so enchanted by......

was a fuggin' LAWYER, not any kind of health professional. Pence, as a former governor, has experience with healthcare issues.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Far more serious is Trump having shut down and closed most of the nations health and welfare facilities, laid off and fired some 50% of the scientist and professionals that worked in those fields, and cut by some 45% of the CDC's budget. To top that off, the person in charge of vetting potential new hires is a 23 year old college drop-out who worked temporally as one of Trumps election aids. His immediate supervisor or boss is a 29 year old new hire with no experience who also was one of Trumps election aids. There's no one left in the country's disease control with any experience and authority to do anything as to handling this possible pandemic.

Phil

That story is crap. Even the AP has debunked it:

https://www.breitbart.com/health/20...e-lying-to-the-public-about-coronavirus/

Greyghost is a cousin of Swallowswell, mebbe?

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by stxhunter
no worse than the regular flu

Well, the death rate is between 10 and 100x worse than influenza. But other than that...no worries I suppose.

Ah no it is not. My Dr and I discussed it there is a 99.9 percent cure rate on people under 62.

You and your good doc need to brush up on statistics a bit. What are you going to do with all of the people over age 62? I mean the octogenarians especially, you know, the ones with the over 15% death rate. Or the septuagenarians, with the over 8% death rate.

And no one is "cured" of a virus.

Oh, by the way, given your original selective statistic, it would still be at least 10x more of a killer than influenza on average in the under-62 age group.

That would be 10X more than nothing.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by saskfox

H
S Korea hit 1000 cases Tuesday. Th am they passed 2000 cases.

SK is sort of a one off. Most if the cases are tied to a crowded church ~9,000 worshipers every Sunday. They are packed in, rarely miss, & don't wear masks to church..

What I am really curious about is if vaping promotes the same or worse than butts..warm moist air is great for virus/bacteria, etc. Maybe camping stuff needs to be cleaned like a c-pap??
What do C-pap users think?
Sucking air through a dirty straw you keep in your pocket with lint, loose change, etc?

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 02/28/20.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Inhabitants of populated areas in Asia tend to live on top of each other

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sse
Inhabitants of populated areas in Asia tend to live on top of each other
When you factor in a lot of these variables, I don't think the death rate here would end up being much worse than the Flu. Worse health care over there, overpopulation, higher incidence of smoking, terrible air quality, lower education. The virus has been said to be much worse on Asian lungs too-which sounds like BS to me, but may be true.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sse
one thing is for sure...within the next 2-3 weeks we'll have a better idea of what we face in the US, because it works extremely fast. if by then all 50 states have cases with rapidly growing numbers, hang on.

on the positive side, there has been speculation that it is already settling down in China, and if true, would do so quickly here in the States. Of course, that is kinda hard to believe, and could be false.

That would be the "best worst case scenario" from an economic perspective (only). Much less disruptive to just get it over with than have it create panic after panic after panic for a year or more as different states come down with it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ribka
So the low standard of healthcare in China has nothing to do with higher death rates vs the US?

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by stxhunter
no worse than the regular flu

No....it's worse. I quoted this earlier. This is based on numbers reported by China...if you think those numbers are accurate:

Overall numbers to death:
Flu: ~0.1% death rate in past...this season only at 0.05%
COVID-19: ~2.9%....numbers broken down below

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

Death rate
So far this flu season, about 0.05% of people who caught the flu have died from the virus in the U.S., according to CDC data.

The death rate for COVID-19 appears to be higher than that of the flu.

In the study published Feb. 18 in the China CDC Weekly, researchers found a death rate from COVID-19 to be around 2.3% in mainland China. That's much higher than the death rate linked to flu, which is typically around 0.1% in the U.S., according to The New York Times.

Even so, the death rate for COVID-19 varied by location and an individual’s age, among other factors. For instance, in Hubei Province, the epicenter of the outbreak, the death rate reached 2.9%; in other provinces of China, that rate was just 0.4%. In addition, older adults have been hit the hardest. The death rate soars to 14.8% in those 80 and older; among those ages 70 to 79, the COVID-19 death rate in China seems to be about 8%; it’s 3.6% for those ages 60 to 69; 1.3% for 50 to 59; 0.4% for the age group 40 to 49; and just 0.2% for people ages 10 to 39. Nobody 9 and under has died of this coronavirus to date.

Sure, it's likely lower. I'm just showing numbers...if those numbers were/are accurate...who knows. The %'s shown, especially for older folks, are kinda grim. Playing devil's advocate, suppose we cut those %'s in 1/2 with better health care. That's still 7.4% for people over 80.....

Any way you look at it, I don't want it.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (11point, 2500HD, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,644
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.