Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Readers Digest version:

My Rossi paperweight is not ready as "was" indicated from their own web site 2 weeks ago.
They cannot tell me when the repair will be completed.
They refuse to tell me what the repair consists of.
They cannot provide any update information at all.

As an FYI, I have never seen or known of anyone receiving their firearm back or any of the above information whatsoever.

Feels like the Aussie buy back program all over again, except I did not receive a cheque for full retail value after the handover.
Rant over, regular programming will continue..................

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
BP-B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's the damn foreigners.

My hovercraft is ful of eels.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Teddy Roosevelt.
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
It's the damn foreigners.

My hovercraft is ful of eels.

shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ah, the classics. Now, all John needs is a Rossi/English translation booklet. laugh

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Rossi? Repair? Thought they were throw-aways...

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't buy crap, and stuff like this won't happen, or happen as often anyway. Of all the guns I've bought, and it's been a pretty big pile over about five decades, only one ever had to go back for repair, a Ruger New Bearcat. That one took two trips to get fixed, but then was a great gun.

Can't say all Rossis are crap, but all the ones I've handled were, with the possible exception of one of their Winchester .22 pump clones.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Pappy,
That's a good point and one I usually aspire to, but the reason for the acquisition was to enable a 2" barrel to be included in my .357 chronographing data. Sometimes I have seen zero/zip difference between 4 and 6" barrels, meaning under 20fps which is usually experienced in shot to shot variation but I wanted to see what the numbers would be with known loads in a 2 inch barrel.
I just got caught up in the recall, that's all. So, after they quoted 12 weeks and now we are into the 5th month, I have written it off.
I support your opinion.
John

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Aussie: The info you seek is in "Guns, Loads & Hunting Tips" by Bob Hagel. Page 403: Powders for Short-Barrel Handguns

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That situation really sucks.

Revolvers are strange critters. All those relevant dimensions make predicting results tough. My "favorite" wacky result is how the 5.5 inch Ruger Single Sevens in .32 Federal are faster than the 7.5" ones, by a fair bit it seems. Whodathunkit?

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
UPDATE....

After quoting 12 weeks for turnaround, Rossi has now had my Model 461, .357 for over 6 months,
Multiple phone calls are the equal of dealing with DirectTV another intellectual sloth.

They have finally offered a Taurus 5 shooter as a replacement and asked for FFL details to be forwarded if acceptable but there is a catch, they not only do not have any stock but are unable to indicate when any will ever be available.

I requested a full refund, they responded with, we do not sell guns to the public so are not liable. We only distribute to retailers.
My final communication was to inform them that they are holding my "legally acquired private property", now against my will and I demanded its return.

BS I know, but I learned decades ago that a few customers (or constituents in the case of politics) writing with complaints relating to poor performance is a huge resource drain and impost upon any company which they despise, so that adds to my entertainment.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348
That situation really sucks.

Revolvers are strange critters. All those relevant dimensions make predicting results tough. My "favorite" wacky result is how the 5.5 inch Ruger Single Sevens in .32 Federal are faster than the 7.5" ones, by a fair bit it seems. Whodathunkit?

I have chronographed the same thing when testing Ruger GP100's where there was no gain with a 6" barrel over the 4" using the same ammo. Also seen it with some .22LR and .22Mag revolvers again, with the shorter barrels being faster than the longer alternative again, with the same ammo from the same boxes..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took a quick look at a Rossi 92 in .357 yesterday. Actually seemed pretty nice. A similar Chiappa I looked a Tuesday was also nice, but had painted-on "color case-hardening" that was peeling off the frame.

Maybe they'd give you credit towards something else, but I'd want to see one in person before committing, as you well know now!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is extremely poor CS on Rossi’s part, but unfortunately seems typical of this company.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd ask for an upgrade to the Taurus 7-shot .357 since they don't have any of the 5-shot. May not work, but if you don't ask, you'll never know!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I really don’t understand why someone in the business of selling firearms (or any product for that matter) would provide such poor customer service ......sooner or later someone with a voice will be heard and prevent future sales....... I’m listening and never looked much at Rossi to begin with but based on reviews like this wouldn’t NEVER consider purchasing anything Rossi.

All that to say thank you AussieGunWriter for the public service announcement - message heard loud and clear!

PennDog

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PennDog
I really don’t understand why someone in the business of selling firearms (or any product for that matter) would provide such poor customer service ......sooner or later someone with a voice will be heard and prevent future sales....... I’m listening and never looked much at Rossi to begin with but based on reviews like this wouldn’t NEVER consider purchasing anything Rossi.

All that to say thank you AussieGunWriter for the public service announcement - message heard loud and clear!

PennDog

They're on the lower end of the scale. Lower prices mean less money in the pot for CS, and everything else. People with a reason to buy cheap are gonna buy cheap, pretty much no matter what.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why would they even offer a replacement that wasn’t in stock? Wow

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
112 members (375sunrise, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1911a1, 257robertsimp, 12 invisible), 1,249 guests, and 539 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,241
Posts18,371,431
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.