Campfire Regular
"...responsible adults are not allowed to be adults."

BP-B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 5thShock
From what I've seen goofy and grotesque things like cops putting 6 year olds under arrest happen when the responsible adults are not allowed to be adults. The State, once let in, demands to be the only grown up in the room and all the real people are required, by law, to be morons.

Well put and sadly true.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by slumlord
Awwwe, bless her heart, maybe she is on the spectrum.

Just misunderstood.

The spectrum does exist. Kids can be all over the place. I hope your grandkids or whatever never have autism. Its not something to take lightly. We dont know the situation at the girls house...the whole lack of discipline...may be case, it may be not. My best friend has a daughter that is extremely smart but will go crazy at the drop of a hat. Another can kid can touch a pencil on her desk and thats it. Whippings/spankings, time outs, nothing works. Medicine is helping some...its a sad situation. She has recently pulled all of her eyebrows out just from anxiety, etc. Sad to see a 11yo go through this. My buddy and his wife are at whits end. Their other daughter is perfectly normal.
Im sympathetic time the kid, hence “bless her heart”

And maybe she IS ON the spectrum, I was giving that to her

I hope your grandkids don’t ever jump to conclusions and attempt to determine the tone of a conversion via written word.

You assumed sarcasm on my part.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Thanks for your concern

Didn't need much inflection in your post to see where you were headed with it

Last edited by killerv; 02/28/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
FFS, the kid was 6. If a teacher and an administrator can't handle a 6 year old without a cop, they need to find other jobs.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ along with all their blanket Zero tolerance policies..................completely out of control idiots running schools.

MM

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for your concern

Would this child be better educated in a homeschooled environment by her parents?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Teacher most likely did the right thing. Kid is disrupting the learning environment for all, if can't be quickly dealt with, remove them.

Admin's dropped the ball. Grabbing the kids wrists to restrain them. Big mistake, with kids like this that escalates it, so then what? You can't escalate further and smack the kid or anything else. Having the kid arrested was wrong, suspended, call parents, whatever, sure, but arrested?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pullit
My daughter is a kindergarten teacher and has had kids cuss her, scream at her, and even attack her. One bit her a few years ago, and when she carried the kid to the office, they suspended the kid for attacking the teacher. The parent went nuts and wanted the kid put back in school saying it was not the kids fault! It left teeth marks and a big black and blue spot on her arm for a few weeks.
Never anything wrong with the kids, it is always somebody else fault, BS, if the kid had stabbed her with scissors, she would have been just as stabbed, kids fault or not, on the spectrum, or not.
I know there are kids with problems, but we can not put them is special classes where they can get the extra help they need. No we have to put them in the regular classes where they can disrupt it and take extra care so that the teachers do not have time to teach the rest of the kids. We have to put them in the regular classes because "there is nothing wrong with MY Child" parents, until something happens and then, it is "well it's not the child's fault, it is his med's are not right".
Which is it, YOUR child has a problem, or he does not, pick one because you can't have it both ways.

Excellent post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Give her another cookie and she goodt.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
W
FFS, the kid was 6. If a teacher and an administrator can't handle a 6 year old without a cop, they need to find other jobs.

Ignorant statement of the year. You shouldn't speak to what you don't know. The statement above proves you don't know.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

Ignorant statement of the year. You shouldn't speak to what you don't know. The statement above proves you don't know.

Naw, I think your post captured the most “ignorant Statement if The Year”.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They should have beat hell out of the kid!!! Not really, but why not call parents, get them up there. How about a padded time out room??

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Thanks for your concern

Would this child be better educated in a homeschooled environment by her parents?

Probably, but they probably can't tie their own shoes.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m wondering if we’re getting the whole story here.

I’d have to go through the legalisms involved in turning a psychotic 6yo over to Law Enforcement, whether that is legally an “arrest” (did they Mirandize her too?) and does the Cop have any options other than cuffs to safely restrain that kid.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When all you have is a hammer even harmless 6 year olds look like nail.

What a bunch of maroons and I ain’t talking about the 6 year old. Kids get out of line sometimes and those that suffer from certain afflictions are more prone to outbursts than others.

They should be ashamed of themselves and their career path should be reconsidered.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You've got two people trying to abide by School Board Policy, no doubt, lest one get fired and the other, hired outside, fired, reprimanded or sent to the Ghetto for not doing so. No doubt they are not experts in Special Ed law which many times runs counter to Board Policy. Regardless of FEDERAL Special Ed law, you've got the safety of other kids AND employees to think about and I have been and done when it comes to restraining violent kids. I've been attacked by kids, large and small and the small ones can act just like a Honey Badger or the like.

I'm not taking up for either of them, but I was just in an EXTENSIVE discussion about this very thing (not this exact situation, but I'd already read about it too), last night. The main story-teller was an ex-Principal who got into several of these situations and became jaded with the whole system.

I've been on both sides of the coin, regular and spec ed. It boils down to the same thing as government. Protect the group or the individual? This nation was founded on protecting individual rights and when you get into this stuff, it gets difficult to serve everybody involved. The LE no doubt has a completely different perspective, unless he's very salty. So you bring at least three perspectives into the mix...LE, School Board and the Asst. Principal who is probably just trying to keep a lid on things with parents, kids, teachers, the board, his supervisors, etc. all on his ass.

And I repeat, until you've been attacked by a child that is...nuts, then you probably shouldn't judge too harshly. I've bled before.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I don't know slum, don't know if the kid has autism or not, but when the spectrum is brought up...you are talking about autism. When the grandparent mentioned medical conditon, its probably safe to say is autism or tourettes, you'd think the school would have been told about it when the child was enrolled and responded accordingly instead of the silly AP wanting to press charges on a 6yo.

Probably better off at school assuming it is a decent school system. Also, probably the only break the parents get. I imagine dealing with a autistic child 24/7 can be really taxing...and I'm sure its on their mind while at work. I have no idea of their situation.

In my profession, I've seen it all, the worst of the worst in sped/autism cases. I've seen kids that literally sat in a chair and drooled all day. I've seen padded rooms, I've seen sped teachers have to bearhug kids and rock them back and forth "sshh" in their ears just to get them to calm down. I've seen them spit on teachers, throw objects, certainly verbal abuse. Different forms of discipline may work for a short time. Certainly spanking or a good beating should be a nono for a child with autism. These children minds are simply wired wrong and it sad to see. I am so thankful that I have two healthy sons.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am so thankful that I have two healthy sons.
Best statement on the thread thus far.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Admin called the Cops because IF the child had been bruised or in any way marked when the admin was trying to restrain the child a lawsuit would have been the result.. Admin called the cops because they are "trained in restraint.'

bkraft

"Four things greater than all things are, Women and Horses and Power and War."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I’m wondering if we’re getting the whole story here.

I’d have to go through the legalisms involved in turning a psychotic 6yo over to Law Enforcement, whether that is legally an “arrest” (did they Mirandize her too?) and does the Cop have any options other than cuffs to safely restrain that kid.

Miranda rights are only required prior to asking incriminating questions, when a person is not free to leave. Ie a custodial interview.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
700 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 68 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.