Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CraigC
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Seems like the kind of animal the .375 H&H Magnum was made for rather than any handgun. Maybe it's just me.

I would consider the .375 a downgrade.

Must have been quite a .44 Magnum load, then.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not near as bad as some asshat sticking critters with an arrow then watching them run off to die in obvious panic and pain

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
It appears we have a battle of the BIG EGOs going on here...

Last edited by UPhiker; 02/28/20.
J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Originally Posted by Whitworth
Day two started with CraigC taking this water buffalo with his Super Redhawk in .44 Magnum, loaded with Grizzly Cartridge's Punch Bullet loads that ran a scorching 1,400 plus fps over the chronograph. Craig displayed some really fine shooting!

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
CraigC, What’s the purpose of the video post? What were you intending to achieve when publishing it on YouTube? I ask because it’s not obvious.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kingston
CraigC, What’s the purpose of the video post? What were you intending to achieve when publishing it on YouTube? I ask because it’s not obvious.

I had always intended to upload the video and share it. The whole purpose of our trips to Hondo is to experiment and find what works. I had never edited a video before and it took until about six months ago until I bought the software to do it and tackled processing it into something you'd want to watch.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jwp475

Originally Posted by Whitworth
Day two started with CraigC taking this water buffalo with his Super Redhawk in .44 Magnum, loaded with Grizzly Cartridge's Punch Bullet loads that ran a scorching 1,400 plus fps over the chronograph. Craig displayed some really fine shooting!

[Linked Image]

That's all you got? If your smear campaign and vain attempt to be relevant is to be successful, you'll have to do better than that.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by UPhiker

This is defamation of character, my ego has nothing to do with it. Pretty sure I was minding my own business when this video from a hunt nearly 3yrs ago was brought up.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by UPhiker

This is defamation of character, my ego has nothing to do with it. Pretty sure I was minding my own business when this video from a hunt nearly 3yrs ago was brought up.

No, it's not. It's in response to this video and the other, opposite thread that you started.
I find it telling that not even everyone involved knew what the "purpose" was, since at the :57 second mark you can hear someone say "shoot him halfway between the horn and the eye". That would have anchored him right there but I guess that's not what was wanted. I'm out of here, I've seen enough.
BTW It's not "defamation" when the details are included in a video that you posted in the public domain. It might be defamation if someone printed up false stories about you. No reason to though, you put it all on video...

Last edited by UPhiker; 02/28/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It is defamation and that is the only reason it was even brought up. I posted this video months ago and we went through this months ago. It's defamation because it's not presented in a "just the facts ma'am" context. This is like getting your news from CNN, except it's filtered through JWP's smear campaign, rather than a liberal/progressive agenda. Remember the whole thing with Nick Sandmann? How they showed the video in such a way that everyone though HE was the a$$hole? But once everyone saw it in the proper context it totally changed your perspective? Same thing here. Sometimes just watching a video is not enough when you really don't have a clue what you're looking at. Which is obvious here. Everyone wants to have just an emotional kneejerk reaction and the facts don't really matter.

Everyone involved "knew" what the purpose was, we were all there for the same thing. The point was not just to kill a water buffalo, else I would've just brained it on the first shot.

Do you really think that 2000lb water buffalo should just fall over when hit?

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Well, you could've just gone to the local slaughterhouse and asked them if you could shoot Elsie, Buttercup and Betsy.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you think that's the same thing, you're just as clueless as everyone else. Lots of experts here that weren't there and have never done it. Do you guys even hunt with handguns???

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That wasn't hunting.

That was shooting livestock.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
That wasn't hunting.

It was a bullet test, try to keep up.

If all you critics have a suggestion on a better way to test big bore revolver bullets on critters comparable to Cape buffalo, I'm all ears. Because all I'm hearing is a lot of keyboard commando bullshit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever it was supposed to be it was a stupid thing to post online.

Keep up wouldja

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 700LH
Whatever it was supposed to be it was a stupid thing to post online.

Keep up wouldja

So I was just supposed let some asshat slander me on multiple forums with lies and falsehoods???

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That wasn't hunting.

If all you critics have a suggestion on a better way to test big bore revolver bullets on critters comparable to Cape buffalo, I'm all ears. Because all I'm hearing is a lot of keyboard commando bullshit.

I have no interest in 'keeping up' with your 'hunting' party, or MEAL Team Six, or whatever that was.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That wasn't hunting.

I have no interest in 'keeping up' with your 'hunting' party, or MEAL Team Six, or whatever that was.

No, you're just another armchair critic comfortable with just running your mouth and slinging insults from a distance about something you obviously have no clue about.

I have no interest in having this discussion myself but here we are.

Has anyone actually watched a Cape buffalo hunt? I'd love one of you keyboard commandos to post a video where they just fall over when shot.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
It's all good. I'm not here to gain anything either. I'm just having fun being a dickhead, and bustin' yer balls.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks. I'd prefer to be left alone.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 64 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,650
Posts18,455,461
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.