Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by starsky
Aron does just fine IMO considering where he’s at in the industry. Doesn’t pull too many punches and is more than welcoming to multiple viewpoints, which is refreshing. And yeah, again, I’m not guessing. Chit, I’ve been on the podcast twice now with another member here...

Maybe fine in your opinion. I am more from the school of manhood, don't beat around the bush. Say exactly what you are thinking or don't bring up the topic. I could careless who has been on his podcast. Like I said I like Aaron. I expected better from him. Your opinion may vary.

What he's doing is pretty cool I think. He's not trying to tell people how they should think or who they should support. He's telling them to go to the source, find the information, and make up their own minds and he's showing them how to do that. He found a guy who's an expert, interviewed him, and pointed out what people should be looking at. It works for me. I was a big supporter of BHA when it first started, the mission back then was clear and it was a grass roots organization focused on that mission. When they got big and started endorsing and supporting candidates for office that I may or may not agree with, they left me behind. That's not why I joined and it's not where I want my money going.

Everybody has to make up his own mind on this. A position like comerade stated above is not where I come down, but I can respect how he got there, and I'm not gonna argue with him about it or tell him he's wrong.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Find it hard to believe some don’t think he is pimping brands. He is like a Bozeman billboard in every scene throughout the entire show. Does he own anything not vortex or a rifle beside a salvage? Guess people see what they want. Might be a nice guy? I don’t know but his show is about making money not hunting or whatever fairytale story some tell themselves.

Last edited by shootAI; 02/29/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Aron does just fine IMO considering where he’s at in the industry. Doesn’t pull too many punches and is more than welcoming to multiple viewpoints, which is refreshing. And yeah, again, I’m not guessing. Chit, I’ve been on the podcast twice now with another member here...

Maybe fine in your opinion. I am more from the school of manhood, don't beat around the bush. Say exactly what you are thinking or don't bring up the topic. I could careless who has been on his podcast. Like I said I like Aaron. I expected better from him. Your opinion may vary.

What he's doing is pretty cool I think. He's not trying to tell people how they should think or who they should support. He's telling them to go to the source, find the information, and make up their own minds and he's showing them how to do that. He found a guy who's an expert, interviewed him, and pointed out what people should be looking at. It works for me. I was a big supporter of BHA when it first started, the mission back then was clear and it was a grass roots organization focused on that mission. When they got big and started endorsing and supporting candidates for office that I may or may not agree with, they left me behind. That's not why I joined and it's not where I want my money going.

Everybody has to make up his own mind on this. A position like comerade stated above is not where I come down, but I can respect how he got there, and I'm not gonna argue with him about it or tell him he's wrong.

I agree. If you look at the financial information bha provides vs rmef, it's easy to see they are reluctant (for some reason) to disclose details. It's also telling what they spend money on.

Always keep in mind, a foundation wont give money to an organization that doesn't support the foundations cause or further their agenda.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by comerade
I belong to BHA and have for several years. At least they speak for public land use- no one else does for hunters. I would be rather monitor it from the inside.
Our chapter is solidly pro hunting , and it will be watched closely.

Did your BC BHA chapter fight the grizzly bear hunting ban in BC?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ribka
I belong to BHA and have for several years. At least they speak for public land use- no one else does for hunters. I would be rather monitor it from the inside.

Whoa whoa I doubt a special interest group for grizzly hunting gave them millions...so they didn't have a dog in the fight.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Implying Aron ain’t manly enough is kinda odd, but whatever floats your boat.

Only brought up the podcast thing, so there’d be perspective and show that I’m not talking out of my ass.

I didn't say Aaron isn't a man, but in that podcast he sure did not man up. Like I said your opinion my vary and that is fine. I am just not one for tiptoeing around, either talk about it and say what you feel, think, mean or don't talk about it. We all know dam well what he is talking about, but there are those that do not. So if you are going to discuss it on a podcast discuss it clearly and openly period. That is my take.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ribka

Of course not! How dare you ask that! smile

But that is ok because they are on our side for public land use. The dumbest thing anyone could ever say! I stopped supporting a bunch of bird hunting groups due to their affiliation with BHA.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 02/29/20.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So question for the haters and I’m sure I know the answer.

What have you done, if anything to keep public land in the public hands?

Also to get the word out about hunting to the non hunting public?

What have you done to protect public land hunting?

Of course these questions don’t apply to Texans.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by callnum

We vote R to keep the USA with a viable 2A and work and pay taxes to keep state game dept going and pay taxes on shooting equipment to support Pittman-Robertson funding, though your commie buds now raid that for other purposes also.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx

We vote R to keep the USA with a viable 2A and work and pay taxes to keep state game dept going and pay taxes on shooting equipment to support Pittman-Robertson funding, though your commie buds now raid that for other purposes also.

You must not know what the R platform is on public land in Montana.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

I’ll give BHA the benefit of the doubt in that the mean well. My problem with them is that they seem so set on their one goal that there’s a lot of collateral damage. They get in bed with anti gun liberal politicians just because the pol says that their against selling public lands. I’m all for keeping public hunting open but that ranks below the 2nd A, the economy and a couple of other things for me.

Also they tend a little too much to the environmentalist side for me as they seem to oppose grazing and logging with can be beneficial if done right

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

WTF has bha done? Why does bha get most of its money from big money that is anti hunting?

News flash, drinking ipa's with the boyz doesn't achieve anything.

Bha is only interested in appeasing their big money donors. I dont want to know what their volunteers and individuals have done. I want to know where their money is going and what its doing.

The 2020 circle jerk is coming up, maybe Ted Turner will buy his way into their hearts and azzes this year....

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/29/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

WTF has bha done? Why does bha get most of its money from big money that is anti hunting?

Bha is only interested in appeasing their big money donors. I dont want to know what their volunteers and individuals have done. I want to know where their money is going and what its doing.

The 2020 circle jerk is coming up, maybe Ted Turner will buy his way into their hearts and azzes this year....

Did you follow their work on the LWCF? For starters.

But for those can read my question wasn’t what has BHA done it was what have the haters done?

Last edited by callnum; 02/29/20.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/big-game/is-hunting-too-white

More glorious meateater content.....bust out yer reading glasses boys, this is a gem.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Do tell...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

More glorious meateater content.....bust out yer reading glasses boys, this is a gem.

I don't believe you actually read the article, because it simply puts out the facts of how different ethnicities are raised differently. It is, in no way. "white shaming" which I can imagine is to your disappointment.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

I don't believe you actually read the article, because it simply puts out the facts of how different ethnicities are raised differently. It is, in no way. "white shaming" which I can imagine is to your disappointment.

Oh yes I'm sure the vast majority of black folks dont hunt because they're "are uncomfortable being afield among unknown white guys carrying guns" ........riiiiight.

It's a schit show clickbait article, written by a azzclown boomer...

It sure isn't journalism or productive in any manner. But that's "Meateater Inc" for you.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/29/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Do tell...

Again the question isn’t what has BHA done it’s what have you done?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

Oh yes I'm sure the vast majority of black folks dont hunt because they're "are uncomfortable being afield among unknown white guys carrying guns" ........riiiiight.

It's a schit show clickbait article, written by a azzclown boomer...

It sure isn't journalism or productive in any manner. But that's "Meateater Inc" for you.

A misquote of the article, nice spin to meet your narrative. Lol...you're a funny one.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You must not know what the R platform is on public land in Montana.

They plan on survival of the USA no allegiance to a NWO. Pick the worst poison and drink, as your kind is so instructed to do.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/29/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (1_deuce, 219DW, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 48 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,490
Posts18,452,094
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.