-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seems like you could add a S/S Hummer and 22LR,set up same and prolly connect more than a few dots by default. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Latch trimmin',light massagin',trigger tweakin' ala the usual. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Prolly time to go gun a hasty zero and run things through come-ups,so as to corroborate DOPE.

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
I wonโ€™t ever hunt mule deer with mine again. Simply put, its the finest antelope cartridge out there, it wasn't designed to handle big bucks in rut.

When I look at the limitations of the 243 as a big game cartridge, the path to improvement is not "more velocity".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
I wonโ€™t ever hunt mule deer with mine again. Simply put, its the finest antelope cartridge out there, it wasn't designed to handle big bucks in rut.

When I look at the limitations of the 243 as a big game cartridge, the path to improvement is not "more velocity".

Agreed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
It's just a skinnier .25/06, except the ammo costs a LOT more. Whatever you'd do with the .25, you can do with the .24.

This........unless you gotta have the Weatherby name to toss around in social circles.

Years ago, was all set and cash in pocket.to buy a MK V UL in .240. Then I looked at the ballistics compared to the 25-Oh. With similarly loaded 100 grainers, there's less than 2 inches of drop difference between the .240 and the .25-06 at 700 yards. Wasn't near enough advantage .240 to cause me to assume the negatives over a good old .25-06.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had a Mark V 240 Ultralightweight, it was fun to shoot and not a bad score for 600 bucks. Sold it for gas money to move to Montana. Did not take a loss on it lol. Picked up a 25-06 down here with no regrets.

Last edited by RMiller2; 02/29/20.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RMiller2
I had a Mark V 240 Ultralightweight, it was fun to shoot and not a bad score for 600 bucks. Sold it for gas money to move to Montana. Did not take a loss on it lol. Picked up a 25-06 down here with no regrets.

A MK V UL for $600 ???????? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

You shoulda gone to confession after that !!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Especially since it was two for 1200, the second one was a 257wby.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Especially since it was two for 1200, the second one was a 257wby.

Well,.NOW you just plain suck......... ๐Ÿ˜

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

I had a very similar offer in FL last year , 2 240 ultralights for 1200 as well, it was an estate sale and they had Nikon UCC 3-9x40's on both. The seller came to her senses however.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Oldelkhunter: First off DO NOT believe or give any credence to anything "small twig" (or dipstick or what ever he calls himself!) writes or utters!
He is an imbecile with an ego gone berserk!
Years ago I wanted a custom Rifle in a high performance (wind bucking - flat shooting) caliber for my twice yearly (once to Montana and once to Wyoming) Antelope/Mule Deer Hunts.
I settled on the 240 Weatherby cartridge - and have been happy as a clam ever since - both with its accuracy and lethality!
My 240 Weatherby custom was built on a pre-64 Model 70 action and has a 27" Hart stainless barrel.
Not only is this cartridge/Rifle an Antelope killing machine it has also harvested several Mule Deer along with numerous Coyotes and a few ultra-long range Rock Chucks!
Back when I was planning this Rifle and deciding on a caliber a couple of my friends tried to deride the radiused shoulder case of the 240 Weatherby as being "non-conducive" to attaining the necessary accuracy.
My first trip to the range proved them wrong!
I have a Leupold 6.5x20 variable on my 240 Weatherby and for my uses it is simply perfect!
I have been extremely impressed with the flat shooting, wind bucking, light recoiling and accurate 240 Weatherby cartridge and highly recommend you find and maintain a place your Rifle will "fit" in your long term arsenal.
Some decades ago I had a friend who owned a ranch in eastern Montana and he bought a Weathery Mark 5 in 240 Weatherby for Antelope, Mule Deer and Coyotes Hunting - eventually over the years (with different bullets) he harvested several Elk with it as well.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
RWhinerToo,

I rather enjoyed your recounting the HILARITY of your Brokedicktitude,as that is some fhuqking FUNNY schit! Was that the Big "Adventure" when you stuck a flute in your pussy...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your BEST.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

YidiotFourOhCryin',

Are you bitching,or bragging. Impossible to cypher in regards to Weatherby and especially aonst their schittiest fhuqking chamberings...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Oldelkkchunt,

Like you "have" 1200 bucks...you LYING kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

VaginaGal,

I enjoy the Fact,that you are oblivious to your own STUPIDITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep DREAMING and concoct even more delusions,by citing said projectile(s),their velocity and how you "arranged" POA/POI on The EPIC GoatFhuqk 1" Reupold 6.5-20x and it's whopping sub 50 MOA erector. Mainly because it'll be funnier than fhuqk,if you TRY. Dare ya'! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying,you poor poor(literally) Amazingly STUPID Drooling Fhuqktard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I bought a used Accumark in December as a backup bean field rifle. I have put 60+ rounds thru it since then. It weighs 7.3 lbs(bare rifle) with a pretty decent barrel contour. It's probably the most consistently accurate rifle I have ever owned. When I took it hunting I purchased 2 boxes of WB barnes 80 TTSX, shoots them like no tomorrow, have shot 100 grain I guess hornady factory loads as well. . Who owns one and what type of game have they taken with it? Its so light and handy thinking Mule Deer and antelope out west, Whitetail where rifles are allowed.

I've owned two.

An Accumark and a Vanguard S2. Both were extremely accurate. As I'm not a 6mm shooter as a rule, both ended up following someone else home.

The Accumark with 80 gr. Nosler Partitions, with correct bullet placement, was a hammer on hoglets at the ranges I shoot.

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/01/20.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Are you bitching,or bragging.

I don't believe I am EITHER. I just can't seem to cypher...โ€ฆ...โ€ฆ.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Want to try again , you very stupid [bleep].

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by geedubya
I bought a used Accumark in December as a backup bean field rifle. I have put 60+ rounds thru it since then. It weighs 7.3 lbs(bare rifle) with a pretty decent barrel contour. It's probably the most consistently accurate rifle I have ever owned. When I took it hunting I purchased 2 boxes of WB barnes 80 TTSX, shoots them like no tomorrow, have shot 100 grain I guess hornady factory loads as well. . Who owns one and what type of game have they taken with it? Its so light and handy thinking Mule Deer and antelope out west, Whitetail where rifles are allowed.

I've owned two.

An Accumark and a Vanguard S2. Both were extremely accurate. As I'm not a 6mm shooter as a rule, both ended up following someone else home.

The Accumark with 80 gr. Nosler Partitions, with correct bullet placement, was a hammer on hoglets at the ranges I shoot.

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

ya!

GWB

Yeah starting to believe that 24's are just a novelty and a waste of my time.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
About 100 to 150 yards farther away than you would prefer to shoot your .243 Win.! wink memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

โ€œIโ€™d like to be a good riflemanโ€ฆ..but, I prefer to be a good hunterโ€! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Want to try again , you very stupid [bleep].

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LAUGHING my poor kchunt off !!!!!!!! Hint. Congratulations ?!?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

I did not mean to imply that with my post.

I've loaded and hunted with.....

6 x 45.
6 x 47 (x2)
6mm BR Remington
243 Win
6mm-284,
240 Weatherby.

Ive killed stuff with all of them with no problem.

For me its more about the terrain where I hunt, and the fact that I'm a meat hunter.

I prefer two large leaky holes caused by tough bullets at moderate velocity.

If I have to track, expecially at night, I want a blood trail a blind man can follow and I like to be able to eat right up to the bullet hole.

I have found that small diameter/frangible bullets typically do not give me the blood trail I desire should the critter not be DRT, and those at magnum velocities do a bit more meat damage than suits me.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'dubya,

Your being second fiddle,is rather old "news"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

YidiotFourOhCryin',

The length of things you cannot do,comes only as a "surprise" to you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Cryin'.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Oldelkkchunt,

Oh my,I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that besides being a Clueless Brokedick Fhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You "forgot" about your "heralded" Imaginary Pretednd Ignore,yet again. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Whining....there's your sign(pun be intended).

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

empty,

Ask her how she corroborates POA/POI arrangement,via her Goat Fhuqk Glass,upon The Dog Schit Rifle,with Fhuqktard Fodder...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The only thing she "shoots",is her mouth and fhuqking Imagination. Hint. Laughing!

Bless her heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by geedubya

I did not mean to imply that with my post.

I've loaded and hunted with.....

6 x 45.
6 x 47 (x2)
6mm BR Remington
243 Win
6mm-284,
240 Weatherby.

Ive killed stuff with all of them with no problem.

For me its more about the terrain where I hunt, and the fact that I'm a meat hunter.

I prefer two large leaky holes caused by tough bullets at moderate velocity.

If I have to track, expecially at night, I want a blood trail a blind man can follow and I like to be able to eat right up to the bullet hole.

I have found that small diameter/frangible bullets typically do not give me the blood trail I desire should the critter not be DRT, and those at magnum velocities do a bit more meat damage than suits me.

ya!

GWB

Thanks for the clarification. I much prefer the 7mm bee , it is a hammer on game although it needs a sturdy bullet to reduce carnage.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,657
Posts18,455,635
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.