Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

WOW still flying clear over your head. But by all means keep on your rant. By the way there are a lot of guys that are on the island of not liking BHA. And even if I was alone I rather be alone then surrounded by a bunch of morons that can't see the big picture. Keep on keeping on. But this is my last post in response to anything you have to say on the subject.

I see the big picture just fine. There are lots of value's in having Federal Lands remain in Federal ownership in Wyoming, Montana too for that matter. Not just for hunting, fishing, hiking, and other outdoor recreation, but for the extractive uses as well. Public lands support a vast majority of the economy in both Montana and Wyoming. Logging, grazing, mining, outdoor recreation, PILT, etc. etc. Without public lands, Wyoming and Montana would look a lot different, economically and otherwise. You should know that if you're really a "big picture" guy like you claim.

That's fine people don't like BHA, lots of people don't like the WSF, RMEF, NRA (as seen right here on the 'fire), DU, PF, MDF and the list goes on and on. Seems like there's 40-50K that like BHA enough to become members, no question its not for everybody, isn't supposed to be. When I joined in WY, there were 38 members, over 1K now...people like what we're doing here.

I'm not surrounded by morons either, but typically am surrounded by decision makers that are asking for my input on what goes on with public lands, habitat, wildlife, hunting, fishing, land trades, land acquisitions, conservation efforts, habitat improvement, access...you know, BIG PICTURE things.

Good luck to you with your BIG PICTURE...sincerely.

Last edited by BuzzH; 02/29/20.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
The bha turds keeping coming out of the wood work....they must pay well.

I can’t be that difficult to come up with ONE thing you have done to protect public land.

Never see BHA helping build fences along elk migration routes by highways to stop the elk from being hit. Never see BHA members show up to plant bitter brush in burned out areas to help mule deer.You can see them though sipping IPA's in flat brimmed hats at the local brewery arguing that kifaru is better than kuiu and virtue signaling on instagram about how much they care. I used to be member and ran into quite a few anti gun guys in BHA. no thanks

The Washington BHA chapter has close ties with Conservation NW an organization that brought in wolves, shut down hunting seasons and run by a member of earth first, an ecoterrorist organization. Why would BHA team up with a left wing eco terrorist?

Mitch Friedman

http://thetalonconspiracy.com/tag/mitch-friedman/

https://www.evergreenmagazine.com/mitch-friedman-restoring-resiliency/

Last edited by ribka; 02/29/20.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Winning!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Protect.......equals.....wait for it.......exclusion.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What do you call a guy that flunks out of medical school?

An optometrist.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
The bha turds keeping coming out of the wood work....they must pay well.

I can’t be that difficult to come up with ONE thing you have done to protect public land.

Never see BHA helping build fences along elk migration routes by highways to stop the elk from being hit. Never see BHA members show up to plant bitter brush in burned out areas to help mule deer.

Maybe the case with your chapter, but many chapters do a lot of that very thing.

WYBHA supported the wildlife crossing measure on the SPET ballot. We also are supporting the migration initiative and helped lobby the GF Commission to get the ball rolling on the Dry Piney project with the initial 1.25 million in funding. That was promptly matched with another 1.25 million from the WYDOT.

We do all kinds of on the ground projects, signage projects for the Forest Service and State Lands Office, buck and rail fencing projects. Have a big fence removal project planned with the Wyoming Game and Fish at the Bud Love Wildlife Management area in June. I just held a wild game processing clinic at my house here a couple weeks back. Held 2 CWD workshops to help the WYGF collect samples for CWD testing. Yearly cleanup of a popular target shooting area North of Laramie on BLM ground.

The list goes on and on...

Each chapter is what you make it, we make the most of ours.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Protect.......equals.....wait for it.......exclusion.

No Never.......... Come on Jim it is all roses and sunshine!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Why would you expect an organization whose mission is to keep public access to public lands to help with an elk feeding project? It’s not their mission so why are they held accountable if they don’t?

Is RMEF doing anything to help with landlocked public land? Did DU do anything to increase access to the wetlands they preserve? Slapping BHA for not helping with species specific events is somewhat foolish as it has nothing to do with their mission.

Additionally, I’d be willing to bet that BHA members helped out in those events wearing an RMEF hat or some other organization’s hat.

I’m pretty sure that a non-profit organization has to show proof that they’re spending money on their mission as stated when filing for nonprofit status. Unfortunately, for BHA, that means supporting people and organizations that are for protecting public land. They have a lot to lose by supporting people who are opposed to public land and, therefore, do what they do. It’s all about aligning with the mission at the end of the day. Pretty simple.

Go ahead and pile on, I’m not supporting them or accusing them of anything. Just simply pointing out why they act the way they act. I couldn’t really care less. I do think it’s funny how many people are willing to badmouth another group of hunters and anglers because their views are lightly opposed. Just like every vote for someone besides Trump is a vote for a democrat, every comment against ANY hunting organization is a comment supporting the antis.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Why would you expect an organization whose mission is to keep public access to public lands to help with an elk feeding project? It’s not their mission so why are they held accountable if they don’t?

Is RMEF doing anything to help with landlocked public land? Did DU do anything to increase access to the wetlands they preserve? Slapping BHA for not helping with species specific events is somewhat foolish as it has nothing to do with their mission.

Additionally, I’d be willing to bet that BHA members helped out in those events wearing an RMEF hat or some other organization’s hat.

I’m pretty sure that a non-profit organization has to show proof that they’re spending money on their mission as stated when filing for nonprofit status. Unfortunately, for BHA, that means supporting people and organizations that are for protecting public land. They have a lot to lose by supporting people who are opposed to public land and, therefore, do what they do. It’s all about aligning with the mission at the end of the day. Pretty simple.

Go ahead and pile on, I’m not supporting them or accusing them of anything. Just simply pointing out why they act the way they act. I couldn’t really care less. I do think it’s funny how many people are willing to badmouth another group of hunters and anglers because their views are lightly opposed. Just like every vote for someone besides Trump is a vote for a democrat, every comment against ANY hunting organization is a comment supporting the antis.

do think it’s funny how many people are willing to badmouth another group of hunters and anglers because their views are lightly opposed.

I personally more than lightly oppose.

I do agree with you their mission isn't wildlife it is land access. Too bad they choose to go about it all wrong.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tell y'all what I'd love to see:

Eliminate the $Millions of azzholes in the state game departments, the federal cabinets, and everything else to do with hunting, then:

Have each state set resident and nonresident pricing for each species within that given state, no draws, no limits, no nuthin'; then see in a couple of years that effect on the game and the ecosystem... [bleep], I bet we'd have healthier game, and a METRIC FV(KTON more money for conservation than we do now...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

do think it’s funny how many people are willing to badmouth another group of hunters and anglers because their views are lightly opposed.

I do agree with you their mission isn't wildlife it is land access. Too bad they choose to go about it all wrong.

I bet they’ll get it figured out before too long. They didn’t really have a model to go off of, being essentially one of the first groups of their type.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I bet they’ll get it figured out before too long. They didn’t really have a model to go off of, being essentially one of the first groups of their type.

Too Late For That, they are in bed with all the wrong people!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Are there “right” people who favor public lands over extractive use? Asking genuinely because I don’t know. It seems like the line falls between pro 2A and pro public lands.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 03/01/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Are there “right” people who favor public lands over extractive use? Asking genuinely because I don’t know. It seems like the line falls between pro 2A and pro public lands.

Short answer yes.

Maybe some here don't realize the playbook being used. It is a classic East Coast Tale! You fight for access rights, but the access rights you are fighting for are not designed for hunting and hunters. Hunters are just a boost in numbers for the real agenda. If you know anything about other outdoor activities you will understand. The access they want is for hikers, bikers, kayakers, fishermen, climbers, etc. Not for hunting and hunters. We are being used to fight for the access. Then later down the road they separate us from them (non-hunters). They know their numbers outweigh ours by a landslide. So they use us while they can to fight for the access and once that goal is accomplished they push us out (easily) of the equation.

Anyways for those that are buying into the BHA BS there is nothing anyone can say or do to help you. Feel free to carry on. Just remember once the hammer drops that you were a part of the problem.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BuzzH

WOW still flying clear over your head. But by all means keep on your rant. By the way there are a lot of guys that are on the island of not liking BHA. And even if I was alone I rather be alone then surrounded by a bunch of morons that can't see the big picture. Keep on keeping on. But this is my last post in response to anything you have to say on the subject.

I see the big picture just fine. There are lots of value's in having Federal Lands remain in Federal ownership in Wyoming, Montana too for that matter. Not just for hunting, fishing, hiking, and other outdoor recreation, but for the extractive uses as well. Public lands support a vast majority of the economy in both Montana and Wyoming. Logging, grazing, mining, outdoor recreation, PILT, etc. etc. Without public lands, Wyoming and Montana would look a lot different, economically and otherwise. You should know that if you're really a "big picture" guy like you claim.

That's fine people don't like BHA, lots of people don't like the WSF, RMEF, NRA (as seen right here on the 'fire), DU, PF, MDF and the list goes on and on. Seems like there's 40-50K that like BHA enough to become members, no question its not for everybody, isn't supposed to be. When I joined in WY, there were 38 members, over 1K now...people like what we're doing here.

I'm not surrounded by morons either, but typically am surrounded by decision makers that are asking for my input on what goes on with public lands, habitat, wildlife, hunting, fishing, land trades, land acquisitions, conservation efforts, habitat improvement, access...you know, BIG PICTURE things.

Good luck to you with your BIG PICTURE...sincerely.

The only thing I find curious is the only time I see you post is when you are defending BHA. It's a bit strange.

Just a simple observation from someone from the far sidelines....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

The Federalist? Laffin!

What’s next Alex Jones?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Why not copy and paste to keep others from dealing with their clickbait?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I watched a couple more episodes of the show today. I like it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by GregW
The only thing I find curious is the only time I see you post is when you are defending BHA. It's a bit strange.

Just a simple observation from someone from the far sidelines....

Is that right?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14336594/all/wy-mt-season

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13848145/3

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13478884/10

Maybe I just don't find it necessary to post on every topic, acting like the many know-it-alls who wreck about every thread on this board.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,075
Posts18,463,807
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.