GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bama hands.....

That's a sweet rig brother man ...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ctsmith
You can bet your sweet ass it will.

[Linked Image from oi1377.photobucket.com]

I've not had the luck that you have. Yours appears great. I've built spacers, modified followers, and follower springs. Some work and some don't. Will you share your secret?

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Jon Beanland. Give him a shout. He likes the end result so much he is building a rig exactly like it for himself. The controlled feed of the Bighorn SR3 helps too.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What's it for?

Genuine interest question btw.

IC B2

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by mathman
What's it for?

Yes its a very purpose driven build, managing deer in a high fence. It will be suppressed with an 19" barrel. The objective is an effective killer, PBR of 200 yards (as far as we need to be shooting), quite as possible (which means less powder and more caliber), as low recoil as possible, and super accurate (because only accurate rifles are fun).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I prefer to shim the bow,so as to keep lotsa case head engaged to boltface(PF's and CRF's both),but it appears that you've got it whipped.

Shot THE fhuqk outta my 22BR today and it's trying to swoon me like my 6BR's,which is BIG medicine.

Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Your COAL looks purty short and if thangs get hasty,it shore is nice to be driving AICS DBM's.

Re-hint.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GregW
Bama hands.....

That's a sweet rig brother man ...

Yes sir, that’ll be a fun little rig Clint

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Stick,

When gathering all the parts and ordering the stock, Hawkins had not come out with the M5 Oberndorf. Thats the way to roll, interchangeable with the M5 DBM, if the need arrises. The 30BR Robinette reamer is zero free bore. Makes for a short case. Had no intentions of making this build anything about bullet BC. Its dedicated short range rig (do those even exist anymore?).

The BR is a neat case with lots of return on investment. Now I need a 22 and 6, with a much faster twist and longer COAL.

I see more than one Bushy in your pics. How are they holding up for you? Mine are fault free so far and one in particular has took a beating.

Jud,

It will shoot as far as my eyes can see anymore grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They looked short,which is why I mentioned the DBM route...as the BR conversions upon bindered AICS mags,works rather Skookum and it appeared that they'd house your intents. I gathered you weren't flingin' 250 A-Tips outta da' bitch. Thus the nudge. Hint.(grin)

Nobody is gonna roll AICS DBM's and then long for a fhuqking BDL bottom!

The BR's Mind [bleep] everyone,as they just reliably do schit,that shouldn't oughtta be able to be did and with aplomb,as per whim. Seen it.(grin)

Had a 4.5-18x LRHSi puke outta da' gate on my HEAVY 6BR. It was an absolute piece of fhuqking schit. Flung it back and they didn't even try to fix it and tossed me a LRTSi,which I MUCH prefer,due the G3 reticle. Was beating on the Six Twat-Six today out to 1440yds,in less than ideal conditions with a LRTS '12x and it makes for a nice parcel. Eye-relief is forgiving,erector travel is rather trite compared to a Fixed Fhuqker,but in whole it don't suck(yet).

I REALLY like that as you lose X's,you gain subtension,as the reticle is DEEP in holdover potential. I don't think I have double digits of 'em yet.

Need to build another 22BR,mainly because I fhuqking HATE Kriegers and built that 'un,as a joke.....................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
It will be suppressed with an 19" barrel.

interesting ... how much does it weigh and how is the balance? any plan to use it without the can?

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by mathman
What's it for?

Yes its a very purpose driven build, managing deer in a high fence. It will be suppressed with an 19" barrel. The objective is an effective killer, PBR of 200 yards (as far as we need to be shooting), quite as possible (which means less powder and more caliber), as low recoil as possible, and super accurate (because only accurate rifles are fun).

I figured it was something along those lines. Neat project.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (30Gibbs, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 29 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.