Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
How about a land voucher instead?

Gov. Mike Dunleavy today introduced legislation to establish the PFD Land Voucher program to promote putting more land into Alaskans’ hands.
The bills, HB 270 / SB 217, would allow dividend-eligible Alaskans the option to receive a voucher worth twice the monetary value of the statutory dividend calculation to be applied toward purchase of state land.

The PFD land vouchers would be transferrable, would not expire, could be combined for purchase of a single parcel, and could be used along with the state veterans’ land sales programs.

“This is an exciting new opportunity for all Alaskans to own a piece of the Last Frontier. While the State Lands Bill I introduced on Wednesday will increase the supply of available land, this bill is a response to the demand by helping individual Alaskans to realize land ownership,” Dunleavy said.

“This will be a win-win for both the individual Alaskan and the state treasury. By the individual voluntarily choosing a land certificate instead of a PFD check, the treasury gets the benefit of that money, and the individual gets the benefit of a land certificate twice the value of the PFD to purchase State land of their choice.”
If enacted, this legislation would help fulfil the Alaska Constitution’s mandate to develop state resources to benefit the public.

State-owned land is routinely offered for sale to Alaskans through several programs administered by the Alaska Department of Natural Resources, including the Remote Recreational Cabin Site, land auction, over-the-counter sale, and agricultural land sales programs. The PFD land voucher could be applied to purchase state land through all programs, providing a valuable supplement to already proven and successful programs.

https://mustreadalaska.com/dunleavy-proposes-land-instead-of-pfd-option

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I drew a 1% odds tag!!! grin grin grin

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by watch4bear
How about a land voucher instead?

Gov. Mike Dunleavy today introduced legislation to establish the PFD Land Voucher program to promote putting more land into Alaskans’ hands.
The bills, HB 270 / SB 217, would allow dividend-eligible Alaskans the option to receive a voucher worth twice the monetary value of the statutory dividend calculation to be applied toward purchase of state land.

The PFD land vouchers would be transferrable, would not expire, could be combined for purchase of a single parcel, and could be used along with the state veterans’ land sales programs.

“This is an exciting new opportunity for all Alaskans to own a piece of the Last Frontier. While the State Lands Bill I introduced on Wednesday will increase the supply of available land, this bill is a response to the demand by helping individual Alaskans to realize land ownership,” Dunleavy said.

“This will be a win-win for both the individual Alaskan and the state treasury. By the individual voluntarily choosing a land certificate instead of a PFD check, the treasury gets the benefit of that money, and the individual gets the benefit of a land certificate twice the value of the PFD to purchase State land of their choice.”
If enacted, this legislation would help fulfil the Alaska Constitution’s mandate to develop state resources to benefit the public.

State-owned land is routinely offered for sale to Alaskans through several programs administered by the Alaska Department of Natural Resources, including the Remote Recreational Cabin Site, land auction, over-the-counter sale, and agricultural land sales programs. The PFD land voucher could be applied to purchase state land through all programs, providing a valuable supplement to already proven and successful programs.

https://mustreadalaska.com/dunleavy-proposes-land-instead-of-pfd-option

Very cool!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hells yeah. I'll take land vouchers.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I own 3 pieces already.

But I'll take 4... money ain't worth much. Land is.

Sure, I always pay too much too soon.... but at least I didn't apply for a drawing permit this year. smile

Last edited by las; 02/23/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As a soon-to-be Alaskan, this seems pretty legitimate. Anyone got more info on what kind of properties you could use this for?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Has some potential, but truly beneficial to only a small segment of PFD recipients.

I'm assuming that the state will issue MISC-1099's at full voucher value. Adding tax burden up front before eventually exercising vouchers diminishes the value a bit.

I would want to have a plan in place with intent to purchase land before accepting this option. Romantic notions of a remote cabin may lure many in that will never follow through. At least they are transferable and provide a means to recover some of the value.

Last edited by JimInAK; 03/03/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why not just give the full value of the PFD instead of gutting it every year. Would the land voucher be double what its supposed to be or double what they end up handing out?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Why not just give the full value of the PFD instead of gutting it every year.

because someone elected too many liberals. Its quite obvious.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Legislature could give every PFD recipient a land voucher and it wouldn't leave enough money to satisfy them.
They would spend it and take more of the Fund and then come after us for taxes. There is never going to be enough
money for Alaska's Deep State.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
There is never going to be enough money for Alaska's Deep State.

The PFD is soon to be a thing of the past. Thanks walker voters

MOLON LABE

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by VernAK
The Legislature could give every PFD recipient a land voucher and it wouldn't leave enough money to satisfy them.
They would spend it and take more of the Fund and then come after us for taxes. There is never going to be enough
money for Alaska's Deep State.

Yup. Once the PFD is dead they’ll *have to* pass income tax....which they can use as .gov ATM machine.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,613
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.