Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What would Carlos use?

[Linked Image from allthatsinteresting.com]

[Linked Image from thefirearmblog.com]

Unertl's rule. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
So I had to dig through 6 pages of crap that should have been on the meme thread to figure out what Stick had to say about scopes, some of which I had never looked through and was curious what he had to say (he sold me on 6x swfa’s, he’s about to sell me on Bushnells).

And then everybody calls Stick a dickhead. If he quit baiting folks, half of them wouldn’t even be here. And yes, he’s given me a pretty good rash of crap before too.

Gotta love the ‘Fire.

At least Dan had some cool pics....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Potsy
So I had to dig through 6 pages of crap that should have been on the meme thread to figure out what Stick had to say about scopes, some of which I had never looked through and was curious what he had to say (he sold me on 6x swfa’s, he’s about to sell me on Bushnells).

And then everybody calls Stick a dickhead. If he quit baiting folks, half of them wouldn’t even be here. And yes, he’s given me a pretty good rash of crap before too.

Gotta love the ‘Fire.

Yessir, be nice if this thread wouldn’t get completely jacked up with nonsense...

Appreciate the good info and pics BigStick

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Those are some hilarious memes there ElkhunterNM, it would just be nice if you’d go be hilarious in another thread.

Yes I know BS deserves to have his threads derailed, as he’s done that to others plenty. But that doesn’t change the fact that there are folks here interested in the scopes he’s posting about, and it sucks to sift through 10 pages of your attempts at humor to glean relevant info.

but no doubt you’ll carry on as you obviously don’t have anything else to do..

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Those are some hilarious memes there ElkhunterNM, it would just be nice if you’d go be hilarious in another thread.

Yes I know BS deserves to have his threads derailed, as he’s done that to others plenty. But that doesn’t change the fact that there are folks here interested in the scopes he’s posting about, and it sucks to sift through 10 pages of your attempts at humor to glean relevant info.

but no doubt you’ll carry on as you obviously don’t have anything else to do..

I'm going to schit on his thread like he does with others. He is no one special.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good information to have when making a purchasing decision. LRTSi in route. Will have to gun it out next to the previous Gen scope with the G2. Doubt there be surprises.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Originally Posted by Potsy

Gotta love the ‘Fire.

Yessir, be nice if this thread wouldn’t get completely jacked up with nonsense...

Appreciate the good info and pics BigStick

No doubt....

It is hilarious to watch the foamy mouth, ankle biter meltdowns though.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Big Stick
4th,I've mused the HDMR/H59's for Giggles,but for me the 34mm tube is no joy. The second strike,is that I've a tough time throwing jingle at a scope,who's mass in ounces,is shy of it's elevation erector travel in MIL's. Bushy arranges Double Jeopardy there,if you will.(grin)

Have several of the Bushy 12X's,with a zero that's RIGHT at maximum erector travel and that with 30mm tubes and far more modest mass. My "THE Incredible Hulk" is like (2) "clicks" shy and my "Barts Fhuqk Kriegers" "22 SPEEDMIRE",is buried on THE last "click",which is PERFECT and schit house Luck.(grin)

The 6x MQ FF has 42 MILs of erector on tap and is 20 ounces,which keeps perspective.

Stick,

What's up man? Been awhile.

I've got just shy of 26 mils leftover with the HMDR, using the XTR Sig Horns. I think 26 mils is more than the total travel of my LRTS/LRTSi scopes, but I could be wrong.

J

Imaginary Pretend Ignore,is simply VERY "real" to more than a few,but fortunately Imagination and Pretend are free,so they can "afford" to "contribute"...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Reticularity just happens to matter and no everything translates well numerically,so it's simply nice to see in extrapolation. I'd liken it akin to an 88 or 90gr Beer Can,in not that you really SEE the Splendors,but all senses are incorporated and HEARING them bitches hit a victim,really drives it home. Pun be intended.

Hint.....................(grin)

4th,

All of my my Bushy '12x's have a minimum of 27.5 MIL's total travel. The 34mm Bushy HDMR's simply weigh more,than their erectors cough up and are better than 33 ounces on the average.

Which do extrapolate rather well to the Fixed Fhuqkers......................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like to troll the troll occasionally and do not shoot past 600 yards ever as that is as far as we have steel set up at our range but even though Stick has to be considered a dickhead he is good at equipment reviews.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick

4th,

All of my my Bushy '12x's have a minimum of 27.5 MIL's total travel. The 34mm Bushy HDMR's simply weigh more,than their erectors cough up and are better than 33 ounces on the average.

Which do extrapolate rather well to the Fixed Fhuqkers......................(grin)

The DMR/HDMR is a tank for sure. And it's an old design now. Almost 10 years since Fuller led the original DMR project, after being in the AMU. Reliability and short OAL took priority, to get a better scope in the hands of our guys overseas. My buddy says his unit and contacts still hold the DMR/DMR-II in extremely high regard and trust their lives to it to this day. They are loving the new PRO which cures the poor image on the DMR/HDMR, but it's even heavier. He's deployed right now and took his PRO with him.

I asked, but no word on the LRTS from those dudes. Maybe just slow to change, or just not on their radar. I know rail space is at a premium with NV, but the 12x LRTS is the same OAL as the DMR-II.

Last edited by 4th_point; 03/08/20.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Useful pics. Appreciate it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My LRTS - gives me 17.6 mils of up travel in the 6.5 PRC as it sets with 139 scenars approaching 3100FPS sighted in for a 200 yard zero. That gets way, way out there. Optically its pretty damn nice, mechanically it feels great and the zero stop is the real deal - however 2 range session and 40 rounds through it is hardly a scope test.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hiaring,

Hate to derail this thread, but how do you like that Havak? I've handled them, and it seems like Glen knocked it out of the park with that action design. And the accuracy guarantee seems unmatched.

Since you are close to Seekins, have you made it up to their facility?

Thanks,

Jason

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Hiaring,

Hate to derail this thread, but how do you like that Havak? I've handled them, and it seems like Glen knocked it out of the park with that action design. And the accuracy guarantee seems unmatched.

Since you are close to Seekins, have you made it up to their facility?

Thanks,

Jason

Everything about this rifle seems right...and I picked this up for $1500 - cant even source the parts for that much. The bedding job is as professional as I have seen. I have only shot 139 scenars through it - but it stacks them up in little holes. The action is a lock on the close of the bolt so the feel of running the bolt was a little different at first - but now I can't even notice a difference. The buyer I bought it from had put 60 rounds through it and I have putt approx 150 through it - haven't cleaned the barrel once and it shoots lights out and the action is very very smooth. Plenty of magazine room and chamber dimension to run 150/156 grain bullets if desired, but I stick to the 139s.

I am about 5 hours to the south of Seekins Factory and don't usually head up north unless its for my sons Travel Baseball team and this year there are no tournaments up that way we are heading to.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the info, Hiaring.

Jason

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Long been a proponent of the LRHS and LRTSi. Much scope,for the $. I prefer the G3 illuminated over the G2H or G2H illuminated and suspect I would prefer an illuminated G2 over all of them, but alas, the G2 is not available.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too much self-loathing. Didn't read.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,828
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.