Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The g3 I'm looking at is almost identical to yours except a deep blue color. and no Bimini top...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How did the boat look, John?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
A boat is a hole in the water one throws money in.

A lot of hobbies are a hole to throw money in. Not sure why boats always take the rap?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
buddy is putting two more 100 gallon tanks in this one so we can run over a hundred miles out and stay 2-3 days out there.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
How did the boat look, John?

I'll never know

Edit; Guess it looked good to somebody...

The guy texted me about 8pm while I was at work and told me it was sold.

Back to craigslist...

Last edited by johnw; 03/08/20.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great timing for a boat thread, spring is right around the corner and I am gearing up for my first boat vacation of the year. Lake Powell... woohoo

As far as proper boat selection I prefer the comfort of a windshield and suspension seats for long days on the water, oh and a top to get out of the sun...and 4 stroke outboards rule!

My rig.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When are you headed to Powell, 'Fubar? I'm committed to getting out there sometime this year. I haven't fished for stripers at Powell in years....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a line on a Crestliner 18 Canadian. Looks immaculate in pics, but is in storage for another week and can't be easily seen.

Has a 50hp 2 stroke injected Johnson, and an 8hp tohatsu. Quite well set up with accessories.

Informed opinion and thoughts?

Edited for engine HP correction. Looking at a lot of boats and it gets confusing

Last edited by johnw; 03/08/20.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
18' Lund...too small

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

How much, Bruce?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like an aluminum boat. Here's the Hewescraft I've fished for the last 6 years. Saltwater only. It's only a 16ft. but it's deep. Yamaha 70 and 8 hp 4 strokes. Just sips the fuel.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]67419109_10214700246044671_4423379121569005568_n by Brant Lindquist, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]13595713_10154281331929687_1081350766_n by Brant Lindquist, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]13178591_10154150740574687_6297249448480694876_n%201 by Brant Lindquist, on [bleep]

Last edited by lazydrifter; 03/08/20.
IC B3

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Generally speaking, How widespread are 2 cycle restrictions?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have used these boats up here in Alaska more than any other boat I have ever owned. Great for fast shallow water.

With the lack of road access to the real Alaska these boats allow that.

Knik Glacier

Solar Inflatable Jet Boats

Great video showing the boats in NZ , Russia , and Alaska waters

https://youtu.be/RFCDQHvJcYA

Last edited by kk alaska; 03/08/20.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by luv2safari
18' Lund...too small

How much, Bruce?

That was a 2002 model owned by an old guy who was in love with it. His son sold it to me out of his estate a year ago. It was just a little smaller than I like anymore at 18'. It had full enclosure canvas that had never been installed and was still in the packages in his garage, two Scotty electrics, 115 Evenrude injected system, 9.9 Evenrude 4-stroke electric start and power tilt with full helm controls and start key, Cannon remote steering, underwater TV, decent electronics, life vests, boarding pike, 2 good quality rubber mesh nets...etc. I replaced the old original tires on the trailer. I was into it a whopping $7.2 K.

It was uncomfortable for me, and a 20' walk around had spoiled me, so I Craigslisted it for $13,200.00. It sold in an hour, and I used the money to get the 22 1/2' Pro Line and had $4K left to use on the Pro Line if needed. This was about the only time in my lotsa years that I bought low and sold high. I came out good on the Pro Line too.

The Lund was a great boat, but It was just not for me anymore. The guy who bought it takes it over the hill to CA a lot and uses it on the Sacramento Delta. He's thrilled with it. He's also about 2/3 my size and fits in it much better. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Great timing for a boat thread, spring is right around the corner and I am gearing up for my first boat vacation of the year. Lake Powell... woohoo

As far as proper boat selection I prefer the comfort of a windshield and suspension seats for long days on the water, oh and a top to get out of the sun...and 4 stroke outboards rule!

My rig.....

There were a lot of happy owners who had those and Duckworths in various sizes in the covered slip shed where I moored my old 20' Trophy in Idaho. I was impressed with their general quality and design.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Generally speaking, How widespread are 2 cycle restrictions?

Kenai Peninsula in Alaska rivers and lakes most have 2 stroke restrictions.

Last edited by kk alaska; 03/08/20.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When are you headed to Powell, 'Fubar? I'm committed to getting out there sometime this year. I haven't fished for stripers at Powell in years....

Sock,
I am headed to Powell early April and stripers are on the menu. This will be my first time at Powell and hope to do a bunch of sightseeing via boat, my 60 gal fuel tank should give me range.
Should cure my cabin fever...... wink

Last edited by irfubar; 03/08/20.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar

Sock,
I am headed to Powell early April and stripers are on the menu. This will be my first time at Powell and hope to do a bunch of sightseeing via boat, my 60 gal fuel tank should give me range.
Should cure my cabin fever...... wink

Nice! Let me know how you fare as I hope to make it out in May. Years ago we'd go out every summer, but the low water levels and changes on the Navajo Reservation made us look elsewhere.

Youngest daughter and I went out to a small local lake today. Only caught a few largemouths but had a great time!

Last edited by SockPuppet; 03/08/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Here are some more randoms....including a buddy who came for a visit from Oregon. We were running to a new spot and came upon some busting fish. Thinking they were slot reds, I handed him a 12lb spinning rig....they turned out to be 15-20lb class jack crevalle. After a 20 minute fight, he finally got his pic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Exceptionally good water day in the sound....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It does suck when these guys show up in late summer....but in this case, we were mesmerized by how clear the water was and thought it was amazing to see this many of them with 20ft of visibility.

[Linked Image]

Netting mullet for bait

[Linked Image]

Someone at the ramp has a sense of humor

[Linked Image]

And just for the heck of it.

[Linked Image]

Man WarEagle, That Seabird is KILLER! My Dad had one when we were younger and I wished he would have kept it and given me a shot at restoring it. What a GREAT boat. If you ever consider selling it, please keep me in mind as I’d love to have one. Currently I’m restoring a 1978 21B Mako, which should be ready to splash hopefully before the end on the Summer. Great pics as well.

The day I part with this one may be sooner than later. It has been fun but we are looking at upsizing. I am signing paperwork to sell one of my properties tomorrow...that and the possibility of our company being awarded a new contract this summer is going to be the decision maker. If it happens, I'll try to remember to reach out to you Capt.

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a line on a Crestliner 18 Canadian. Looks immaculate in pics, but is in storage for another week and can't be easily seen.

Has a 50hp 2 stroke injected Johnson, and an 8hp tohatsu. Quite well set up with accessories.

Informed opinion and thoughts?

Edited for engine HP correction. Looking at a lot of boats and it gets confusing

I can get a look at this boat this weekend. Is it seriously under powered with a 50 hp motor?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Look and see what the hull is rated for. My 18ft kodiak was rated for up to a 60hp tiller or 75hp console and I maxed it out with a 4 stroke 60hp tiller. Probably wouldn't see a huge difference if it had a 50hp 2 stroke instead.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
198 members (257 mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 01Foreman400, 17 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.