Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
any thoughts ? i am still pullin for Jesse Holmes for a win but he lost a dog early. or kinda would like to see Mitch Seavey win too ?

Last edited by pete53; 03/09/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I hope Mitch bought a lockback knife.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
I hope Mitch bought a lockback knife.

That was a nasty cut!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I suspect Pete Kaiser and Richie Diehl will do well again.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Id like to see Wade Marrs or Brent Sass take it. Anybody but a seavey really.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OAM
Id like to see Wade Marrs or Brent Sass take it. Anybody but a seavey really.

Sass may have a great run too. After dominating the "other" sorta big race for several years running.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wasn’t Seavey the guy that sued Kershaw or whoever it was that manufactured the knife?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I decided to google it and he was the chickenshit that doesn’t know how to use a folding knife and blames others for his ignorance.

Fugg him. I hope he cuts another one completely off due to his complete liberal minded dumbfucktitude

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
all news to me about Seavey, anyway still hope Jesse Holmes does well ? long ways to go yet

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I decided to google it and he was the chickenshit that doesn’t know how to use a folding knife and blames others for his ignorance.

Fugg him. I hope he cuts another one completely off due to his complete liberal minded dumbfucktitude

Haters gonna hate... He and his son dominated for quite a while. Hard to fault him for a single cut that had a huge impact on a race. Especially under sleep deprivation and extreme stress. Easy to fault him for suing.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
No fault on the cut exactly. Stupid to sue. but thats these days.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yep. We all do stupid [bleep], some of us more than our fair share.... smile

But suing Kershaw was chickenshit, and there's no 2 ways about it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Stupid to not have a lockback knife. Ain’t exactly hard to find.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

Ive know him for years. Ya, the guy is a top shelf dog musher but also a pompous ass. He lives about 1/4 mile away from me.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Can’t believe they still run that race. How many dogs will have to die? I bet the race doesn’t make it 10 more years. Get em PETA!!!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WDH
Can’t believe they still run that race. How many dogs will have to die? I bet the race doesn’t make it 10 more years. Get em PETA!!!

FOAD

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WDH

On an anchorage bus sick

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by WDH

Here is the way I look at- 27 dogs died between 2004 and 2016. Usually a team starts with 16 dogs. There are on average 50 teams. So approximately 800 dogs run every year. So as many as 9,600 dogs ran between 2004-2016, 27 deaths. Those dogs have better odds of survival than my jack russel crapping in the backyard. Have you ever seen the iditarod? All those dogs want to do is mush. I love the race!

Last edited by OAM; 03/10/20.
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

Here is the way I look at- 27 dogs died between 2004 and 2016. Usually a team starts with 16 dogs. There are on average 50 teams. So approximately 800 dogs run every year. So as many as 9,600 dogs ran between 2004-2016, 27 deaths. Those dogs have better odds of survival than my jack russel crapping in the backyard. Have you ever seen the iditarod? All those dogs want to do is mush. I love the race!

The dogs have been abused. You would run too if subject to such treatment. Yes I’ve seen the race. It’s pathetic. Time for it to go. They lose enough sponsors it will stop.

#doglivesmatter

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by WDH

On an anchorage bus sick

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We need a like button...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

The dogs have been abused. You would run too if subject to such treatment. Yes I’ve seen the race. It’s pathetic. Time for it to go. They lose enough sponsors it will stop.

#doglivesmatter

These dogs are treated better than the babies in Planned Parenthood, so KMA.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don't feed the democrat, boys.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Fugk PETA and similar groups.

It's About the income, aka fleecing the low intelligence, not about the critters.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

#doglivesmatter

Do you have any experience around iditarod kennels? I do. I can tell you that the dogs are very well cared for. Slightly unsocialized but very happy. They are bred for cold weather. Im the first guy to get pissed off about poor treatment of dogs. These dogs in general are treated very well. Better than most outdoor dogs in the state for sure. They are bred to run. Show them a harness or gangline and they go ballistic! They would rather run than sit on your couch.
You should take some time a vistit one of these kennels. Dont buy into Peta BS. The Great Alone is a good start for you. Good film. These guys are all about dog health.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Shame on the anchorage muni for allowing those ads on the busses.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shame on the anchorage muni for allowing those ads on the busses.

Worse, Alaska Air dropped out as a sponsor...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I know. I sent them "feedback" via the web site. They thanked me for the message.

I'll see if I can post it.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Alaska Air Logo

March 5, 2020

Dear Mike,

I appreciate that you took the time to contact Alaska regarding our recent announcement of the discontinuance of our sponsorship for the Iditarod.

We can assure you that PETA did not play any role in our decision to end our Iditarod sponsorship. We have been part of the Iditarod for more than 40 years and are proud of our sponsorship, which was focused on dog health and safety. As we transition to our new corporate giving strategy, LIFT, with an emphasis on creating opportunities for young people in the communities where we fly, this is a good time to evaluate our sponsorships and make adjustments. As such, we are going to sponsor the 2020 race, giving the Iditarod Trail Committee time to secure new sponsors. We wish the best to the new Iditarod leadership team and the safe running of future races for both dogs and mushers.

Sincerely,

Erica B.
Customer Care Representative

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
WTF this is a great race those dogs are a special breed and love to run ! i hope this dog sled race " Iditarod " continues forever,it is the greatest dog sled race in the world ,maybe the greatest race in any sport of endurance,weather,for a person and his/her dogs . this is no candy ash race where everyone gets the same award ! these musher`s train all year long for this race with their dogs ,they live and breath dog sled racing ,just finishing the Iditarod is a great accomplishment. 1,000 miles,snow,cold below zero weather,many days on the trail ,feeding and taking care of their dog team alone,sleeping out in this cold climate , i wish them all a safe great run !

Last edited by pete53; 03/11/20.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i think some of these musher`s are laying in the weeds and just hangin back yet. i bet when they all get to around Kaltag area most of these musher`s will start push`n the dog team harder? > i am think`n Jesse Holmes is one of these musher`s just wait`n and when he gets to the Kaltag area Jesse is going to let `er buck ! these ladies in this dog sled race are dang tuff too,one of these ladies just might win too ? i figure Jesse top 10 again or maybe top 5 ,jesse is tuff and his dogs are in real good shape for this race.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I know. I sent them "feedback" via the web site. They thanked me for the message.

I'll see if I can post it.

Good for you!

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Looks like Sass is in front still this morning in Ophir. Im suprised to see Mackey in third. It seems in past years he is middle of the pack early in the race. I was just looking at the weather out front of them. Suprised how warm its going to get. Only -8 in Ruby right now. Supposed to get up to 22 today.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OAM
Looks like Sass is in front still this morning in Ophir. Im suprised to see Mackey in third. It seems in past years he is middle of the pack early in the race. I was just looking at the weather out front of them. Suprised how warm its going to get. Only -8 in Ruby right now. Supposed to get up to 22 today.

Place-keeping means little this early... just the difference between taking a rest just before and after checkpoints changes the appearances in the standings but does nothing about the real positions...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First scratch

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/A...afe-and-sound-Iditarod-48-568689401.html

'A huge relief': Lanier, dogs safe and sound but forced to scratch after hours-long stranding in Rainy Pass

'A huge relief': Lanier, dogs safe and sound but forced to scratch after hours-long stranding in Rainy Pass

By Beth Verge | Posted: Tue 7:30 PM, Mar 10, 2020 | Updated: Wed 6:20 AM, Mar 11, 2020

RAINY PASS, Alaska (KTUU) - For veteran Iditarod musher Jim Lanier, all was well leading up to the 48th running of the Last Great Race on Earth.

"We're ready, and we're in shape," Lanier said at the ceremonial start of the race this past Saturday. "I don't think I have anything to prove, but I've got a lot to enjoy.

"I really enjoy the support I get from just about everybody," he said, "and it's wonderful, hearing people say, 'Hey, We're glad you're here,' and, 'Go for it!' And that's what I'm going to do."

On Tuesday, however, things changed drastically for the 16-time finisher, who first ran the Iditarod in 1979 and had to run qualifiers to get into this year's race.

The 79-year-old made it 153 miles to the Rainy Pass checkpoint, departing from there at around 7:30 a.m. en route to Rohn. Following the Iditarod Insider GPS tracker, however, his position slowly dropped from the middle of the pack all the way the 57th place. Lanier's position would appear to hardly move for a six-hour span, concerning spectators, teammates, friends and family alike.

Eventually, his handler called Rainy Pass Lodge, saying the stop "was not part of his race plan," and triggering a rescue operation.

Thus, Steve Perrins — son of Steven H. Perrins, both part of the family that owns the lodge — was sent to find Lanier.

"With the wind chill out there right now, you get frostbite pretty darn quick," Steve Perrins said, adding that there was considerable concern over Lanier's condition in the event he was able to find the team. "I was getting cold just driving out there to go get him. You definitely need the right gear and even if you have it, it can be dangerous."

Perrins and a race official came across the team near the mouth of Rainy Pass itself, just one section of the trek to the next checkpoint in Rohn. Lanier was up and roving, Perrins said, but was lacking heat resources and was very obviously cold.

"But when we saw him out there with his dog team, it was a huge relief," said Perrins, to whom Lanier had said his dogs refused to run after coming up on a steep section of trail. "We didn't know what to expect, but he was in good shape when we got there, luckily."

Steven H. Perrins, who had stayed at the lodge while his son went out to look for the musher, said it was clear Lanier had run into other problems out on the trail after the attempt to return to Rainy Pass Lodge.

"He had tried to get his dogs to go up the hill," he said, "and was having a hard time, so he decided to turn around and come back. And he just got tired and cold and sat it out.

"So when they got to him," he said, "he needed help."

Lanier was brought back via snowmachine, and the race marshal mushed his dog team back to the checkpoint.

"He was in good spirits when he got here," Steven H. Perrins said of Lanier's arrival to Rainy Pass Lodge, "except he was disappointed that he had to scratch. But he's safe and healthy, and his dogs are back, and all is good.

"We were all relieved because Jim is getting up there in his years," he added, "doing this phenomenal feat for a man his age. The weather has been extremely cold, the winds have been blowing up here 25 to 35 (miles per hour), and the windchill has been way down, so we were all worried."

Despite a safe return to the lodge, and Lanier's best efforts to finish yet another Iditarod, he will be unable to do so. With his team being flown out of the pass, and per race protocol, Lanier will have to officially scratch, becoming the first to do so in Iditarod 48. This is his fifth scratch all-time.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by OAM

Place-keeping means little this early... just the difference between taking a rest just before and after checkpoints changes the appearances in the standings but does nothing about the real positions...

I'm aware of that. More looking at their approach to the race in relation to past years. Like when Mackey won multiple consecutive races he hung way back. Then made a big charge late in the race.

Last edited by OAM; 03/11/20.
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Good job Alaska Airlines!!!! Always on the forefront of change!

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by WDH

I sure wish you would take the time to read about the race and the stats. Really look into this independently and not just buy into Peta BS. If you want to make a difference in animal cruelty look first into your neighborhood. I bet there are plenty of pitbulls outside right now. Iditarod dogs are supreme athletes and are treated as such. Do you think a person striving to win this race is doing it with abused and malnourished animals? Come on man...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
As much as I hate to ruin the fishing here...... you're being trolled, bud.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote=WDH]Good job Alaska Airlines!!!! Always on the forefront of change

WDH > go down to Arizona if you wanna see dog cruelty ,pitbulls fenced in to protect a beat up old trailer house no water or food dishes and i am sure plenty drugs too inside the trailer. sled dogs in Alaska live like kings compared to this anyplace American trailer court trash people with pitbulls. >>> long live dog sled racing and the NRA !

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by WDH

You are NOT welcome at my campfire!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

I sure wish you would take the time to read about the race and the stats. Really look into this independently and not just buy into Peta BS. If you want to make a difference in animal cruelty look first into your neighborhood. I bet there are plenty of pitbulls outside right now. Iditarod dogs are supreme athletes and are treated as such. Do you think a person striving to win this race is doing it with abused and malnourished animals? Come on man...

Don't feed the democrat.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OAM

Somebody gots ta break trail! This year, being out front early seems like a bad move except to get the poke of gold halfway.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by WDH

FOAD

its a forced race, the mushers hate it, the lying huskies would sue....

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

#doglivesmatter

How long have you been retarded........? Tough question.......? Sorry, how about, how old are you...?

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i see Jesse and few others are taking their 24 hr.required rest now,good ideal suppose to be cold tonight. old Mitch Seavey still sled`n along and in 3rd place now.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by cwh2
As much as I hate to ruin the fishing here...... you're being trolled, bud.

🤣🤣

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Music_Man
Originally Posted by WDH

I heard your campfires suck anyhow. Someone said the music sucks...

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH

And now you will never know!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I heard somebody sucks alright

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I see that Seavey already dropped two dogs. Zirkle has climbed up a bit. I would sure like to see her finally win it but history says she wont.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH

And now you will never know!

Whatever boomer

I heard somebody sucks alright

This site needs a “like” button

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OAM
I see that Seavey already dropped two dogs. Zirkle has climbed up a bit. I would sure like to see her finally win it but history says she wont.

I am going out on a limb... Pete Kaiser and Joar will be in the top 5. Richie Diehl will be top 10. All three are young, extremely tough, with history as distance runners. They can take a lot of strain off the dogs and in a slow race that makes a lot more difference than in a fast race. Brent Sass will be top 10. Jessie Royer will be in the top 5. Mitch will be top 10. Aliy will not make top 10

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sitka those are good guess`s, i still think Jesse Holmes top 10 maybe better ,Jesse is in really good shape too. Mitch Seavy is one tuff old dude as they say he`s got true grit top 5. but right now its anyone`s race to win depends kinda on how their team holds up including musher?

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by OAM

I am going out on a limb... Pete Kaiser and Joar will be in the top 5. Richie Diehl will be top 10. All three are young, extremely tough, with history as distance runners. They can take a lot of strain off the dogs and in a slow race that makes a lot more difference than in a fast race. Brent Sass will be top 10. Jessie Royer will be in the top 5. Mitch will be top 10. Aliy will not make top 10

Interesting. I would be incline to agree with you. Although, I dont know much about Richie Diehl. I just looked him up and he is a smaller guy. He also still has all 14 dogs. In my mind that means the dogs are not having to work as hard. He may have a little extra gas in the tank later. My guess of the 5 we will see in the top 10- Joar, Sass, Marrs, Kaiser, Seavey, and we will see Zirkle somewhere in the 7th to 10th position. There are a few other names I would love to see in the top 10 but I doubt they make it.

Last edited by OAM; 03/12/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have known Richie and Pete for years. They are extremely polite and modest. Right after last year's race I watched them wrestle for fun. Richie won, but it took some doing. Strapping fellow in great shape jumped up and challenged Richie "right now!" Alex is well over 6' and probably has 30+ pounds on Richie and was a wrestler. It was over almost before it started.

In '18 Richie was running with the top 3 and his dogs got sick. He held his dogs back well past what the race vets required. He still almost made top ten.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I see Lance is moving up, Come back kennels is at it gain, still running lucky 13 dogs.....!

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I have known Richie and Pete for years. They are extremely polite and modest. Right after last year's race I watched them wrestle for fun. Richie won, but it took some doing. Strapping fellow in great shape jumped up and challenged Richie "right now!" Alex is well over 6' and probably has 30+ pounds on Richie and was a wrestler. It was over almost before it started.

In '18 Richie was running with the top 3 and his dogs got sick. He held his dogs back well past what the race vets required. He still almost made top ten.

Thats a good story. I cant help but like Richie now! Hope he does well.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just got back off trail. 8 malamutes, 10 days, 130 miles, 1200 lbs of gear and supplies, no caribou! Snow is too deep and the herd hasn't started moving back.

I've run a handful of Iditarod dogs and flew to Nome for the 2017 finish to pack up dogs for the flight home. I know and have met a lot of these guys and gals over the years. They all spend thousands on dog care. Dog mushing is as Alaskan as it gets. Support it and never give in to the ani-mushing orgs. To do so would be a cultural genocide.

Anyhow, as a musher, here's some insights on this year's race:

Brent Sass and Page Drobny have dogs that are miled up from the Quest. This level of stamina will really show in the final standings.

In 2017,I watched Jesse Royer pull into Nome with a full 16 dog team. She won't push her dogs hard, but will always finish competitively in the top 10. To make it to Nome with all your dogs is an immense accomplishment.

Lance had teams running non-stop on the Denali highway. His dogs are miled up. With all his health issues, regardless of final standings, he is one tough SOB. All will power. He can't handle cold due to damage from frost bite and circulation issues from being a cancer survivor. The fact thst he's in the top 10 is beyond words. His dogs recover faster than other dogs and in turn, motivates him. It comes from breeding a dog named Zoro. Zoro genes are in other kennels as well.

Holmes got a late start mileing up. Dogs not as miled up for as many months as other teams. Dogs may fade towards last third of the race.

If you're seeing 4-6 mph pace in front of pack (top 10), the trail is sht. It makes it easier for the back of the pack as trail gets more solid. This is a slow year, too much snow all over the state.

Mille porsild has a hodge-podge of dogs from at least 5 different kennels. Unrelated,it's a wonder she's doing so well with no fights. Truly remarkable. She, joar, chuck Schaefer from Ivik/kotz/willow and a couple others flew to Russia to race dogs. They cut up fremented walrus with axes, to boil down for dog food. She's done multi-thousand mile arctic expeditions with big freight huskies. Though a rookie, she's a very gifted dog driver.

Some of the race predictions here on this thread are amusing, and far fetched.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Just got back off trail. 8 malamutes, 10 days, 130 miles, 1200 lbs of gear and supplies, no caribou! Snow is too deep and the herd hasn't started moving back.

I've run a handful of Iditarod dogs and flew to Nome for the 2017 finish to pack up dogs for the flight home. I know and have met a lot of these guys and gals over the years. They all spend thousands on dog care. Dog mushing is as Alaskan as it gets. Support it and never give in to the ani-mushing orgs. To do so would be a cultural genocide.

Anyhow, as a musher, here's some insights on this year's race:

Brent Sass and Page Drobny have dogs that are miled up from the Quest. This level of stamina will really show in the final standings.

In 2017,I watched Jesse Royer pull into Nome with a full 16 dog team. She won't push her dogs hard, but will always finish competitively in the top 10. To make it to Nome with all your dogs is an immense accomplishment.

Lance had teams running non-stop on the Denali highway. His dogs are miled up. With all his health issues, regardless of final standings, he is one tough SOB. All will power. He can't handle cold due to damage from frost bite and circulation issues from being a cancer survivor. The fact thst he's in the top 10 is beyond words. His dogs recover faster than other dogs and in turn, motivates him. It comes from breeding a dog named Zoro. Zoro genes are in other kennels as well.

Holmes got a late start mileing up. Dogs not as miled up for as many months as other teams. Dogs may fade towards last third of the race.

If you're seeing 4-6 mph pace in front of pack (top 10), the trail is sht. It makes it easier for the back of the pack as trail gets more solid. This is a slow year, too much snow all over the state.

Mille porsild has a hodge-podge of dogs from at least 5 different kennels. Unrelated,it's a wonder she's doing so well with no fights. Truly remarkable. She, joar, chuck Schaefer from Ivik/kotz/willow and a couple others flew to Russia to race dogs. They cut up fremented walrus with axes, to boil down for dog food. She's done multi-thousand mile arctic expeditions with big freight huskies. Though a rookie, she's a very gifted dog driver.

Some of the race predictions here on this thread are amusing, and far fetched.

Which predictions are far fetched specifically?

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
we can all make predictions ? that`s all they are is predictions. in the end it might not be any of them that have been mentioned that are in the winner`s circle ?
i still will say this Mitch Seavey at age 60 is doing dang good against much younger people and not many at 60 years of age can show this kind of desire or grit !

Last edited by pete53; 03/12/20.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
If I believed in god I would be praying for those dogs every night. #dogslivesmatter

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Haters gonna hate... He and his son dominated for quite a while. Hard to fault him for a single cut that had a huge impact on a race. Especially under sleep deprivation and extreme stress. Easy to fault him for suing.

Agreed. I don’t fault him for the cut, like you said there’s a lot of factors including stress and sleep deprivation that can cause mistakes to happen. I also don’t take anything away from him for his dedication to the sport. The commitment to that sport is unlike any other sport out there. It’s a full time job year around.

My problem is that he didn’t take personal responsibility for his mistake and instead blamed others for it. I would think that for an Alaskan like him that ethos, being self-reliant and responsible for your own safety, would be a hallmark trait. People are people...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Agreed. I don’t fault him for the cut, like you said there’s a lot of factors including stress and sleep deprivation that can cause mistakes to happen. I also don’t take anything away from him for his dedication to the sport. The commitment to that sport is unlike any other sport out there. It’s a full time job year around.

My problem is that he didn’t take personal responsibility for his mistake and instead blamed others for it. I would think that for an Alaskan like him that ethos, being self-reliant and responsible for your own safety, would be a hallmark trait. People are people...fuggers.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

My problem is that he didn’t take personal responsibility for his mistake and instead blamed others for it. I would think that for an Alaskan like him that ethos, being self-reliant and responsible for your own safety, would be a hallmark trait. People are people...fuggers.

yup!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I remember this. I believe mitch is left handed. On certain folding knives, the lock mechanism is right near your pointer finger as you grip the knife. He was cutting string on a bail of straw. Closed on his fingers and cut him bad.

I've had them close on me too as I'm left handed, and nowadays will only use benchmade knives with ambidextrous axis-lock.

I use an orange handle griptillian or a blue handle bugout.

$20,000-$30,000 in dog food and race sign up costs. Sponsors involved too. A lot on the line to trust in made in China kershaw trash.

Spyderco makes a safe folding knife too popular with mushers.

I was issued a Benchmade on my first tour to Iraq. That knife did two more one-year tours in Iraq.

I'm real partial to them and gift them to friends and family.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Forgot to add: that picture is the benchmade bugout model. Awesome knife for everything. Cut up 5 caribou and a bull moose with It. Also on me all winter.

It was gifted to me by a left handed veteran Iditarod musher who's pushing to Nome on the trail right now.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/13/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like Pete is down to 11 dogs already... tough trail. Way too early but but five of my picks are in the top 6...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Forgot to add: that picture is the benchmade bugout model. Awesome knife for everything. Cut up 5 caribou and a bull moose with It. Also on me all winter.

It was gifted to me by a left handed veteran Iditarod musher who's pushing to Nome on the trail right now.

These little doodads are quite a nice addition to the Bugout, just FYI.

ETA; E T S Y is being edited out. Google Bugout Backspacer

Last edited by Pahntr760; 03/13/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sass just ran 120 miles with 4 hours of rest. Pulled into Galena and jetted right out. All other mushers stayed for rest.

My guess is he knows it's going to be warm weather tomorrow so he'll probably take a 6-8 hr rest further up the trail in Kaltag, mid day while the conditions are sht. He'll run further from the pack tonight while it's cold.

Back in 2015, Sass had a real hot team and was such a threat to Dallas seavey, that Dallas ratted him out for having an ipod. Dallas argued that it could be used for two-way communication. Sass was only using it for music and was oblivious. Poor guy was in tears at Tanana check point when Nordman was forced to disqualify him. Even Nordman was upset to break the news to him. Sass was right on Seaveys tail. Typical seavey-dick-move. Sass was super graceful and apologetic about it all and had no bitter words for anybody.

Sass making his comeback tonight.....

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/13/20.
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Sass just ran 120 miles with 4 hours of rest. Pulled into Galena and jetted right out. All other mushers stayed for rest.

My guess is he knows it's going to be warm weather tomorrow so he'll probably take a 6-8 hr rest further up the trail in Kaltag, mid day while the conditions are sht. He'll run further from the pack tonight while it's cold.

Back in 2015, Sass had a real hot team and was such a threat to Dallas seavey, that Dallas ratted him out for having an ipod. Dallas argued that it could be used for two-way communication. Sass was only using it for music and was oblivious. Poor guy was in tears at Tanana check point when Nordman was forced to disqualify him. Even Nordman was upset to break the news to him. Sass was right on Seaveys tail. Typical seavey-dick-move. Sass was super graceful and apologetic about it all and had no bitter words for anybody.

I was looking ahead at the weather yesterday and noticed that. I expected most of them to employ that strategy. But I guess after running 500 miles the gas tanks are understandably a little low.
I didnt know that about the ipod!!!! I dont care what anybody has to say in defense of either Seavey. [bleep] em both!!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
OAM,
I ain't got no dog in the fight, uh....dog in the race.
I've defended Dallas at times as well.

2017 Craig Medred and those dirt bags schandelmeier and zoya denure were grilling him at the stake saying he doped his dogs and culled dogs even writing opinion pieces in the paper.

I picked up for him and wrote to the mouth piece of the trio, Medred.
I told him my experiences giving a race dog tramadol after sewing up a 6 inch gash in the dog from a bad fight. The dog was a non-performing sloth with no depth perception on a minimum dose. I told him it's not a "performance enhancing" drug.

Dallas hired a lawyer and figured out that it was administered after the race. PETA operatives were hanging around the dog lot in Nome in 2017. Nobody recognized them. I was there. Im pretty sure those fk-heads threw tramadol chewables near the dogs. Medred had no clue they came in chewable form. Medred, zoya nor schandelmeir ever apologized for the slander and drama they caused. PETA sewed division and chaos. Those three chose that side IMO.

Heck, even Mackey picked up for Dallas, as did all mushers and Mackey ain't no fan of Dallas.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OAM,

2017 Craig Medred and those dirt bags schandelmeier and zoya denure were grilling him at the stake saying he doped his dogs and culled dogs even writing opinion pieces in the paper.

I told him my experiences giving a race dog tramadol after sewing up a 6 inch gash in the dog from a bad fight. The dog was a non-performing sloth with no depth perception on a minimum dose. I told him it's not a "performance enhancing" drug.

Dallas hired a lawyer and figured out that it was administered after the race. PETA operatives were hanging around the dog lot in Nome in 2017. Nobody recognized them. I was there. Im pretty sure those fk-heads threw tramadol chewables near the dogs. Medred had no clue they came in chewable form. Medred, zoya nor schandelmeir ever apologized for the slander and drama they caused. PETA sewed division and chaos. Those three chose that side IMO.

Heck, even Mackey picked up for Dallas, as did all mushers and Mackey ain't no fan of Dallas.

There's an angle I've not heard before. Thanks.

Like them or not, Seaveys can mush dogs!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OAM,

There's an angle I've not heard before. Thanks.

Like them or not, Seaveys can mush dogs!

Originally Posted by OAM

I was looking ahead at the weather yesterday and noticed that. I expected most of them to employ that strategy. But I guess after running 500 miles the gas tanks are understandably a little low.
I didnt know that about the ipod!!!! I dont care what anybody has to say in defense of either Seavey. [bleep] em both!!!!

Realize, none of these guys are running much faster than any other. Dog are dogs and Physics applies. The huge swings in speed between checkpoints is based on where they take their breaks. If a team is making great speed they will try to hide it by stopping short of the checkpoint for a break and go hot after. Or if the dogs are dragging they may run them a little long, go straight through the checkpoint and stop just out of town. The required rests also confuse standings a great deal... How the mushers rest their dogs is a huge part of the final result.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Them fuqers are tricky!

I don' t pretend to try to keep up. smile

That doping chit was pure BS- As shown by mainer... everyone with any sense knew it at the time,

Last edited by las; 03/14/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It worked, Dallas ran off to Europe...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sitka, yep. Way more going on than meets the eye. If you have access to live gps tracker, you'll see more of strategy playing out in a more updated form than the race standings. This year, standard race standings have been very late and inaccurate by hours at times.

Things get tricky, even in checkpoints. Remember 2008? Two titans Lance Mackey in 1st, Jeff King in 2nd. Jeff pulls into Elim, sees Lance feeding his dogs and is confused. They both head inside to rest. Lance can't shake Jeff's team, his dogs are faster. It was like this the entire race, within spitting distance. Jeff, getting old,falls fast asleep snoring. Lance had one eye open the entire time. Bounces up, rushes outside calls up his dogs and blasts out in the night. Jeff woke up PISSED that no one let him know. Lance cut rest yet again out on the trail, only giving Jeff a glimpse of 1st place. Even with a faster team, Jeff never caught up. Lance pulled into Nome like a rock star.

Buser stayed back helping his rookie son for the first half of the race. Then because of his highly calibrated check point efficiency with his chores, he blasted by 20 teams and almost caught up to the top 3, finishing in 5th place.

Efficiency with chores and tasks is a big part as well. Hard to do with sleep deprivation. On mandatory 8 hour or 24 hr rests he leaves on the minute, while other mushers leave 20 minutes to an hour over. After 5 days,timely efficiency will put you dozens of miles ahead of your competitors.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/14/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sitka, yep. Way more going on than meets the eye. If you have access to live gps tracker, you'll see more of strategy playing out in a more updated form than the race standings. This year, standard race standings have been very late and inaccurate by hours at times.

Things get tricky, even in checkpoints. Remember 2008? Two titans Lance Mackey in 1st, Jeff King in 2nd. Jeff pulls into Elim, sees Lance feeding his dogs and is confused. They both head inside to rest. Lance can't shake Jeff's team, his dogs are faster. It was like this the entire race, within spitting distance. Jeff, getting old,falls fast asleep snoring. Lance had one eye open the entire time. Bounces up, rushes outside calls up his dogs and blasts out in the night. Jeff woke up PISSED that no one let him know. Lance cut rest yet again out on the trail, only giving Jeff a glimpse of 1st place. Even with a faster team, Jeff never caught up. Lance pulled into Nome like a rock star.

Buser stayed back helping his rookie son for the first half of the race. Then because of his highly calibrated check point efficiency with his chores, he blasted by 20 teams and almost caught up to the top 3, finishing in 5th place.

Efficiency with chores and tasks is a big part as well. Hard to do with sleep deprivation. On mandatory 8 hour or 24 hr rests he leaves on the minute, while other mushers leave 20 minutes to an hour over. After 5 days,timely efficiency will put you dozens of miles ahead of your competitors.

In last year's race Pete woke Joar up to tell him he was leaving Elim, IIRC, and did not want him to think he cheated him. Of course Sneaky Pete has a reputation to live down!

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
its kinda look`n like Thomas Waerner is going to be in 1st soon ? if the statistic standings sheet are logged in and up to date ,i do think it could be done easier so people can understand musher standings better.

Last edited by pete53; 03/14/20.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sass a couple hours from Kaltag. Very strategic to stop there. His dogs are moving very slow from cutting rest. Kaltag to Unalakleet is 85-87 miles (Polaris odometer/ski doo odometer). He has a good lead and has a mandatory 8 hour to take. I'm betting he'll take it there.

When they hit the coast, dog teams from windy, treeless Alaska have an advantage. Interior and Willow teams don't contend with wind and disorienting landscapes. Petits leaders led him on a wild goose chase couple years back. Cost him the race.

Richie Diehls 14 dog team could pull away, if the top 3 miss the trail just once. Treeless alaska dogs are like little arrows in the wind, sniffing out the trail.

When my dog team was up in Kotz, I went and vaccinated all of Ed and Ruth Itens dogs. Ed used to hope for wind and blizzards on the coastal section of the trail. His dogs did immensely well in those conditions, because they were born into it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Survived every mushers worst fear: getting gaffed by a snow hook. They are awful things, are always in the way and never seem like they're safely secured:

https://www.ktva.com/story/41896574...hook-in-january-mushes-iditarod-in-march

He's lucky to be racing this year. A little lower, it wouldve caught the meat of his neck, dug in and drug em to death.

Glanced off skull, but still broke it.

Anyhow, joar and Pete down to 10 dogs. Nervous stuff with over 300 miles left. They'll have to rest more and slow down the run distances to limp in a 10 dog team. There's one seriously steep climb left. Hard on a small dog team, they could quit on the musher.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/14/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Richie ended up with a big nightmare bitch in heat... spent an extra 3:42 in Nulato and then had to return to drop two dogs... lots of dogs are going to fail to make Nome.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Darn, Richie dropped another dog.

Purely my opinion:
The Iditarod official decision to cower and bow to PETA fks, by lowering team size to 14 animals is a terrible decision.

It's actually tougher on the dogs as its harder on a smaller team later in the race. It hasnt reduced the percentage of dropped dogs.

New Iditarod CEO actually went to PETA headquarters, thinking he'd find common ground with extremists who hate our culture and use clandestine tactics to snuff out sponsors?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Darn, Richie dropped another dog.

Purely my opinion:
The Iditarod official decision to cower and bow to PETA fks, by lowering team size to 14 animals is a terrible decision.

It's actually tougher on the dogs as its harder on a smaller team later in the race. It hasnt reduced the percentage of dropped dogs.

New Iditarod CEO actually went to PETA headquarters, thinking he'd find common ground with extremists who hate our culture and use clandestine tactics to snuff out sponsors?

14 is too small, but I suspect number crunching on Rob's part made him believe it would save money, too.

Last edited by Sitka deer; 03/15/20. Reason: Frigging autocorrect!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pete53
its kinda look`n like Thomas Waerner is going to be in 1st soon ? if the statistic standings sheet are logged in and up to date ,i do think it could be done easier so people can understand musher standings better.

If he can break trail all the way to Nome with just 12 dogs, AND keep the lead he will have earned it!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Caving to PETA should NOT be excused. I"d say they need a new CEO very possibly. Or rethink it for next year.

Listening to idiots with no vested interest or experience is STUPID

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pete just blew past a bunch of folks... he is looking like he wants it... bad!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pete just blew past a bunch of folks... he is looking like he wants it... bad!

The official site just gave me a bunch of old news and I only thought Pete had become a miracle worker!

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
the CEO of the Iditarod was very wrong in a agreeing with 14 dogs ,he should have told Peta: no for the best interest for the dogs health we are going to stay with 16 dogs or maybe let each musher go to 18 dogs even ? back to the race looks like the dog teams and mushers are working hard. old Mitch Seavey is hangin in there, Jesse Holmes is doing good but Thomas Waerner is still lead`n the pack. but its still just a little early to see what happens, i will say this Holmes himself is in extremely good shape and that just might give him an edge to finish strong. i just noticed Nicolas Petit is sneak`n up in the ranks ?

Last edited by pete53; 03/16/20.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
PETA is creating the issue they want. Less dogs means worse on the dogs so it makes the situation worse.

Kind of like ethanol. Burn more fuel for less mileage....

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
PETA is creating the issue they want. Less dogs means worse on the dogs so it makes the situation worse.

Kind of like ethanol. Burn more fuel for less mileage....

>>you are correct and the CEO of Iditarod should have said : for the health of this fine sled dog race we will stay with 16 dogs or maybe go to 18 dogs. but the CEO took the bait >hook ,line and sinker what a idiot ! and this fine dog sled race" IDITAROD" will suffer for it ,it burns my rearend when people don`t stand for what is right ! WTF ! the CEO of the Iditarod sounds like a snowflake voter ?

Last edited by pete53; 03/16/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Richie's team lost the drive when the bitch in heat left them...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They absolutely dropped out of Drive and refused to run. Richie had to scratch for the first time ever and Pete wasted a bunch of time helping Richie motivate dogs that were having NO part of it...

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
anyway old Mitch Seavey is sneakin up in the standings ,show`n his grit to the younger mushers.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They absolutely dropped out of Drive and refused to run. Richie had to scratch for the first time ever and Pete wasted a bunch of time helping Richie motivate dogs that were having NO part of it...

Once again you can't fool or fool with Mother Nature. That applies to SO many cases.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Top three are in White Mountain this am.

Waernet
Seavey
Royer

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Top three are in White Mountain this am.

Waernet
Seavey
Royer

Thomas is in complete control with two gentle runs and over 5 hours in lead...

Looks like Brent Sass is having issues. he should have been into White Mountain long ago and since there is a mandatory 8 there everyone pushes as hard as possible to get there.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

WHAT? But you guys said the dogs live for this??? Sounds like they are sick of being used and abused.

It’s time to end the idiotrod. Luckily it gets less and less publicity as the years go on. Once a few more boomers kick the bucket it will end. Only then will those dogs get the peace they desperately deserve!

#iditarodkillsdogs #thelastgreatshamefulrace

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Iditarod
Iditarod loses another major sponsor as Anchorage Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram ends long partnership

One of the Iditarod’s top sponsors is dropping financial support, the second major sponsor with Alaska ties to sever relationships with the sled dog race this month.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles confirmed Monday that the Anchorage Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership will no longer sponsor the race. The dealership for 30 years has been one of the Iditarod’s principal partners and annually presents the race winner with a new pickup at the finish line in Nome.

A statement from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, or FCA, noted the parent company did not sponsor the Iditarod.

“Anchorage Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Center — an independently owned and operated dealership — had been a sponsor of the race. We understand and can confirm the dealership will no longer continue sponsoring the race. As such, FCA and the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram logos will no longer be associated with the race,” the statement said.

Chuck Talksy, a spokesman for the Anchorage dealership, initially said it planned to sponsor the race again next year, finances permitting.

Later, when informed of Chrysler’s statement, he said, “That’s kind of news to us. As a franchisee, we are subject to various controls."

The announcement came as mushers are making the final push for Nome in this year’s race. The nearly 1,000-mile race started March 8 in Willow with 57 mushers.

Alaska Airlines, the Seattle-based airline that got its start decades ago in Alaska, earlier this month announced it was dropping its sponsorship of the race, which has been targeted by an animal rights group.

“We will address 2021 sponsorships after the conclusion of the race,” Iditarod CEO Rob Urbach said in an email. “Our mission is solely focused on executing a safe and healthy race, and look forward to welcoming race teams to Nome.”

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals was first to announce the departure of both Alaska Airlines and Chrysler as race sponsors. The group says the nearly 1,000-mile race across Alaska is cruel for the dogs.

PETA is the race’s biggest critic and has for years targeted sponsors. In Chrysler’s case, that includes more than a quarter-million emails from PETA supporters, television ads in the Detroit area and protesters dragging a sled filled with fake dead dogs around downtown Detroit, the organization said in a statement.

"After feeling some real pressure from PETA, Chrysler put the brakes on its connection with the Iditarod and is sending the message that dogs deserve better than being run to death for mushers' prize money,'' PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said in a statement. "Alaska Airlines has also withdrawn its sponsorship of this wretched race in which over 150 dogs have died, and we hope this year is the last year dogs will suffer in this way."

Alaska Airlines denied PETA had anything to do with its decision to drop sponsorship of the race after more than 40 years and instead said it was a change in the company’s corporate giving strategy.

Last edited by WDH; 03/17/20.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
this NRA LIFE MEMBER sure has enjoyed this years 1,000 mile Iditarod,dogs runnin hard ,really lookin good, mushers sure take care of their sled dogs well again this year.looks like Thomas Waerner will win the race , his dogs look real good, old Mitch Seavey still showin grit to the finish line again ! what a great well run safe dog sled race again ! TRUMP 2020 !

Last edited by pete53; 03/17/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WDH

WHAT? But you guys said the dogs live for this??? Sounds like they are sick of being used and abused.

It’s time to end the idiotrod. Luckily it gets less and less publicity as the years go on. Once a few more boomers kick the bucket it will end. Only then will those dogs get the peace they desperately deserve!

You're a dumbfvck and know nothing about the Iditarod. You ever been to the restart or watched the race live you liberal cuck? Yeah, I didn't think so.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
PETA and a dumb pluck like WDH both need to FOAD. Liberals suck and have not a damn clue about reality.

Caving to PETA to lower dog numbers will hurt more dogs and teams and people than had they kept their stupid noses out of it and their head up their ass where it belongs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WDH

#You're a dumbass.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by WDH

#You're a dumbass.

AGREED X2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Boy that WDH. Willie you are dumber than a stump, maybe its just ignorance though. Evidently you have ZERO clue when it comes to dogs and heat cycles.

I think you belong in a bigger city.. More like a dumb [bleep] from New York City or such when it comes to actual animals and how Mother Nature works.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't believe in beating a dog, but by all means beat a peta.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
She’s a troll boys. Don’t take the bait.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Waerner left WM @ 1:35 pm. Probably make front st. early am.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by WDH

You're a dumbfvck and know nothing about the Iditarod. You ever been to the restart or watched the race live you liberal cuck? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I do not watch the race because why would I want to watch animal cruelty? You have to be a sick SOB to want to watch people abuse animals. You probably get off on watching rodeos too you sicko.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I hate to say this but this years iditarod is feeling a little anti-climatic for me. I know, I know. Booooo! I know Waerner is busting his balls for this but he isnt an American. I cant stand Seavey. I really hope Jessie gets those pups to did deep and at least smokes Mitch tonight.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nothing better than a good rodeo

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OAM
I hate to say this but this years iditarod is feeling a little anti-climatic for me. I know, I know. Booooo! I know Waerner is busting his balls for this but he isnt an American. I cant stand Seavey. I really hope Jessie gets those pups to did deep and at least smokes Mitch tonight.

Royer is only 51 minutes behind Seavey, and has 13 dogs vs. Weaver's 10. She has a good chance of passing him.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OAM

Royer is only 51 minutes behind Seavey, and has 13 dogs vs. Weaver's 10. She has a good chance of passing him.

Wow! Are you mixing metaphors, or what???

She is NOT catching Thomas, period. Comparing the teams is a serious knotted brow...

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
On second try, Foreigner Waerner takes Iditarod crown

By Art Peck | Posted: Wed 1:22 AM, Mar 18, 2020 | Updated: Wed 3:15 AM, Mar 18, 2020

ANCHORAGE - Norwegian Thomas “Foreigner” Waerner cruised to the Iditarod crown early Wednesday after opening a gap between his team and the rest of the pack earlier in the week, from there never letting up on a commanding lead. ”WHEN ASKED HIS SECRET HE SAID BEATING HIS DOGS WAS THE TRICK. HE ALSO RELIED HEAVILY ON HIS BUDDY SITKA DEER WHO LIKES TO SPREAD GOSSIP FROM HIS HEAD” ”I’D REALLY LIKE TO THANK SITKA DEER AKA ART AKA ARTSY FOR TAKING HIS TIME AWAY FROM THE BERNIE SANDERS CAMPAIGN TO FOCUS ON GOSSIPING”

The veteran musher arrived to the famed Burled Arch in Nome with 10 dogs in harness at 12:37 a.m. on March 18, 9 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes and 47 seconds after starting the race, to become the third Norwegian ever to win the Last Great Race on Earth. He follows in the footsteps of Joar Leifseth Ulsom, who won in 2018, and Robert Sørlie, who won in 2003 and 2005.

Foreigner’s newly-minted Iditarod title also comes on the heels of his 2019 win in Norway's 1,200-kilometer Finnmarksløpet, his second first-place finish in what's touted as the longest sled dog race in all of Europe.

"I am really excited," said Thomas' wife Guro Waerner via Facebook as his race was wrapping up, "and relieved that he is winning. Going to (the) Iditarod is a big project for us Norwegians, so it is extra rewarding."

Guro said she’d had to leave ahead of the finish because of coronavirus-related travel restrictions and worries she might get stuck outside of Norway.

Under the Burled Arch, however, foreigner’s dogs K2 and Bark joined him for photos at the finish line, and he was still greeted by a crowd of lively fans upon his arrival.

Foreigner, whose first Iditarod was in 2015, is also one of just a handful of mushers who have won the storied race on just their second try: He joins the likes of Sørlie, who won on his second and third attempts; Rick Swenson, who won in 1977 on his second try and took home four more titles after that; and, among others, Dean Osmar, who won in 1984 on his second run.

Libby Riddles became the first woman to win in 1985 on her third try. Dick Wilmarth, who died at the age of 75 back in 2018, won the inaugural Iditarod in 1973.

Foreigner Waerner, 46, who was born in England but raised in Norway, began mushing in 1984, according to his Iditarod.com biography. He became a musher for Iditarod legend Roger Legaard in 1990, followed by Charlie Champagne and Roxy Wright in 1991. After starting with sprint racing, including in Alaska, he attempted the Iditarod for the first time in 2015, garnering Rookie of the Year honors.

Eleven mushers had scratched by the time Foreigner Waerner finished. With all but one still left to cross the finish line, 45 mushers and dog teams remain on their way to Nome in the 48th running of the Iditarod, one of the few sporting events worldwide not canceled over concerns of the new coronavirus.

For that same reason, Iditarod finish festivities such as the finishers' banquet - traditionally held the Sunday after the champion's finish - have been postponed to a later date.

Last edited by WDH; 03/18/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The people and the mushers won't let the Iditarod die.

Chrysler/Dodge drops out, how much you want to bet Chevrolet jumps in....Maybe a couple trucks...Winner truck, rookie truck...Watch...."Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, the Iditarod and Chevrolet". Has a nice ring.....don't you think.....

Congrats to the winner....

Addition: And all who had the spirit to accept the challenge. Dogs, men and women. It takes a special breed.

There is another race that goes on up there.....Peta who?????

https://www.yukonquest.com/support-yq/sponsorship/current-yukon-quest-sponsors

Last edited by battue; 03/18/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by WDH

By Art Peck | Posted: Wed 1:22 AM, Mar 18, 2020 | Updated: Wed 3:15 AM, Mar 18, 2020

ANCHORAGE - Norwegian Thomas “Foreigner” Waerner cruised to the Iditarod crown early Wednesday after opening a gap between his team and the rest of the pack earlier in the week, from there never letting up on a commanding lead. ”WHEN ASKED HIS SECRET HE SAID BEATING HIS DOGS WAS THE TRICK. HE ALSO RELIED HEAVILY ON HIS BUDDY SITKA DEER WHO LIKES TO SPREAD GOSSIP FROM HIS HEAD” ”I’D REALLY LIKE TO THANK SITKA DEER AKA ART AKA ARTSY FOR TAKING HIS TIME AWAY FROM THE BERNIE SANDERS CAMPAIGN TO FOCUS ON GOSSIPING”

The veteran musher arrived to the famed Burled Arch in Nome with 10 dogs in harness at 12:37 a.m. on March 18, 9 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes and 47 seconds after starting the race, to become the third Norwegian ever to win the Last Great Race on Earth. He follows in the footsteps of Joar Leifseth Ulsom, who won in 2018, and Robert Sørlie, who won in 2003 and 2005.

Foreigner’s newly-minted Iditarod title also comes on the heels of his 2019 win in Norway's 1,200-kilometer Finnmarksløpet, his second first-place finish in what's touted as the longest sled dog race in all of Europe.

"I am really excited," said Thomas' wife Guro Waerner via Facebook as his race was wrapping up, "and relieved that he is winning. Going to (the) Iditarod is a big project for us Norwegians, so it is extra rewarding."

Guro said she’d had to leave ahead of the finish because of coronavirus-related travel restrictions and worries she might get stuck outside of Norway.

Under the Burled Arch, however, foreigner’s dogs K2 and Bark joined him for photos at the finish line, and he was still greeted by a crowd of lively fans upon his arrival.

Foreigner, whose first Iditarod was in 2015, is also one of just a handful of mushers who have won the storied race on just their second try: He joins the likes of Sørlie, who won on his second and third attempts; Rick Swenson, who won in 1977 on his second try and took home four more titles after that; and, among others, Dean Osmar, who won in 1984 on his second run.

Libby Riddles became the first woman to win in 1985 on her third try. Dick Wilmarth, who died at the age of 75 back in 2018, won the inaugural Iditarod in 1973.

Foreigner Waerner, 46, who was born in England but raised in Norway, began mushing in 1984, according to his Iditarod.com biography. He became a musher for Iditarod legend Roger Legaard in 1990, followed by Charlie Champagne and Roxy Wright in 1991. After starting with sprint racing, including in Alaska, he attempted the Iditarod for the first time in 2015, garnering Rookie of the Year honors.

Eleven mushers had scratched by the time Foreigner Waerner finished. With all but one still left to cross the finish line, 45 mushers and dog teams remain on their way to Nome in the 48th running of the Iditarod, one of the few sporting events worldwide not canceled over concerns of the new coronavirus.

For that same reason, Iditarod finish festivities such as the finishers' banquet - traditionally held the Sunday after the champion's finish - have been postponed to a later date.

Its really weird your creating quotes for people. Also weird you posted that at 4am. It obvious that this race really bothers you. Trolling forums at 4am is not a good way to make yourself seem credible though.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Drop him....

He will be dead and they still will be running the Iditarod.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

Its really weird your creating quotes for people. Also weird you posted that at 4am. It obvious that this race really bothers you. Trolling forums at 4am is not a good way to make yourself seem credible though.

So you hard to go and quote the moron... I have the POS on ignore and have for quite a long time. It is funny living in his head rent free. There is certainly a LOT of room as he does not use any of it for things like thinking.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesse Roger just came in, third place... how Mitch managed to make up so much time is impressive.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OAM

Wow! Are you mixing metaphors, or what???

She is NOT catching Thomas, period. Comparing the teams is a serious knotted brow...

Other than misspelling Seavey’s name (that damn autocorrect), what would you like ‘splained?
wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

So you hard to go and quote the moron... I have the POS on ignore and have for quite a long time. It is funny living in his head rent free. There is certainly a LOT of room as he does not use any of it for things like thinking.

I never put anyone on "ignore". I like to read the crazy chitt.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
PETA has killed more dogs than have run the Iditarod. They call it "setting them free".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do not recall a previous Iditarod with so many scratches... 14 so far. Was a tough year and the 14 dog limit may very well have been a part...

Jesse Holmes did some major moving over night. He was 16 or 17 early yesterday IIRC and just finished 9th.

Joar made it in 6th and has to hold the record for efficient finishing...8th Iditarod and always in the top 10, no scratches. 7th has been his worst finish.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

I never put anyone on "ignore". I like to read the crazy chitt.

Well, have to admit you will find a gold mine in his posts!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PETA is spreading lies and misinformation, flooding sponsors with thousands of repeat emails. If we as Alaskans don't pull together with a battle plan against these outsiders, we will loose the race. We've lost wells Fargo, anchorage Chrysler, and ak airlines, as well as other sponsors. This is war for our culture. The new CEO made his bed. He will never be the man for the job. Walking into PETA head quarters last year was the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed.

AK airlines gave up on alaska a long time ago. I saw Sally jewel on front cover of the Ak airlines magazine. That oughtta tell yah the kind of people these seattle based execs are in cahoots with.

Read joe redingtons book : father of the Iditarod. He wouldn't give these peta types an inch to wiggle in his great race. The new CEO did. Joe's grandsons should demand he be FIRED.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey WDH, go fk yourself, you spinless troll. Afterwards, please leave Alaska, you're allergic to our culture.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/18/20.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Happy dogs!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
great sled dog pictures ! those sled dogs look very happy and ready to pull and go. anyway old Mitch Seavey at 60 years of age still a contender every year in the Iditarod ,when you guys and gals get 60 years of age you will find nothing is easy anymore at 60 and would you still have the heart and grit as Mitch Seavey in 1,000 mile Iditarod sled dog race to start and finish strong . i also figured Jessie Holmes is still learning about sled dog racing ,but would finish in top ten ,my reason maybe his dogs may not be as ready as some mushers dogs, but Jessie himself is probably is physically in better shape than anyone else in the race.

TWO other SUGGESTIONS if any of you Alaskan`s have anything to do with Iditarod sled dog race go back to 16 sled dogs next year . > but 1ST this really needs to be done right away !>>>> get rid of the CEO of the Iditarod Race for good ! <<

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Who have you compared being in shape to Jessie? Where did you get that information from?

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
PETA is spreading lies and misinformation, flooding sponsors with thousands of repeat emails. If we as Alaskans don't pull together with a battle plan against these outsiders, we will loose the race. We've lost wells Fargo, anchorage Chrysler, and ak airlines, as well as other sponsors. This is war for our culture. The new CEO made his bed. He will never be the man for the job. Walking into PETA head quarters last year was the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed.

AK airlines gave up on alaska a long time ago. I saw Sally jewel on front cover of the Ak airlines magazine. That oughtta tell yah the kind of people these seattle based execs are in cahoots with.

Read joe redingtons book : father of the Iditarod. He wouldn't give these peta types an inch to wiggle in his great race. The new CEO did. Joe's grandsons should demand he be FIRED.

Get with the times Boomer. The race has got to go. Alaska will be the same without the race. Don’t kid yourself. PETA has nothing to do with this. If you want to blame someone how about you blame the year 2020. Forcing a dog to endure all that for personal glory isn’t cool anymore. Gone the way of wife beating. It’s not acceptable anymore. Let it go. It’s going to be ok.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WDH

Get with the times Boomer. The race has got to go. Alaska will be the same without the race. Don’t kid yourself. PETA has nothing to do with this. If you want to blame someone how about you blame the year 2020. Forcing a dog to endure all that for personal glory isn’t cool anymore. Gone the way of wife beating. It’s not acceptable anymore. Let it go. It’s going to be ok.

Wife beating is out? I thought we still had rule of thumb! 😉

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Boomer? I'm 39 years old. Get with the Alaskan times. Fuel in the villages is 5-9 dollars a gallon. Dog teams are a sustainable method of winter travel. No matter what, support your Alaskan mushers weather they be racing or not.

Let it go? Dude are you a fkn anti-native racist. This is cultural preservation. Joe created this race as sled dogs were disappearing from the villages.

Or.....leave!

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Hey WDH, go fk yourself, you spinless troll. Afterwards, please leave Alaska, you're allergic to our culture.

+1

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Boomer? I'm 39 years old. Get with the Alaskan times. Fuel in the villages is 5-9 dollars a gallon. Dog teams are a sustainable method of winter travel. No matter what, support your Alaskan mushers weather they be racing or not.

Let it go? Dude are you a fkn anti-native racist. This is cultural preservation. Joe created this race as sled dogs were disappearing from the villages.

Or.....leave!

No one keeping dogs to use for travel to save on fuel. No one. Nice try though. Only dogs they are using for travel are named ski doo, Polaris etc. Nevertheless you contradict yourself later on to preserve dog sleds they started the race... well which is it?

You say the Iditarod is “ALASKAN” and we must preserve it and a guy from out of country wins it?? Laughin!!!!

And what does race have to do with any of this? How many natives vs white people were in the race? Holy chit you might give Sitka deer a running for dumbest posts. You should go on down to mossy’s fly shop and talk about yourself to him. You two could spend a whole day one upping each other.

MFNG on the campfire...

Last edited by WDH; 03/18/20.
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by WDH

Or.....leave!

No one keeping dogs to use for travel to save on fuel. No one. Nice try though. Only dogs they are using for travel are named ski doo, Polaris etc. Nevertheless you contradict yourself later on to preserve dog sleds they started the race... well which is it?

You say the Iditarod is “ALASKAN” and we must preserve it and a guy from out of country wins it?? Laughin!!!!

And what does race have to do with any of this? How many natives vs white people were in the race? Holy chit you might give Sitka deer a running for dumbest posts. You should go on down to mossy’s fly shop and talk about yourself to him. You two could spend a whole day one upping each other.

MFNG on the campfire...

While were at it, let's get rid of baseball! To much clear cutting to gets those bats! There has also been a few baseball stars that werent born here. How can we possibly think of it as an American sport now?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
WDH,
Every single person posting in this thread enjoys following the race, except you. So just go away. Regardless of what you may think if me, I could really care less Youre about as Alaskan as Paris Hilton.

I use dogs to save on fuel. You need to get out. Take a break from REI. While others are using machines, I'm turning people food waste, butcher's fat and meat scraps, fish and beaver carcasses into thousands of miles of travel. Native schools all over alaska are tring to introduce children back to mushing.

In kotz, I only fed sheefish, old seal oil and whale fat into fuel for caribou hunting by dog team. Dry kibble was too much money.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Man you dumb pluck. You ought to see how abused labs are... the damn things swim after ducks all day and we forced ours to stay outside all day on the weekends just to wait for us to force train him to bring a fake duck back.

You are beyond ignorant.

No one wants you here.

But if you want to beat your head against the wall and have ZERO chance of gaining ground here go right ahead. It would be about as useless as me constantly posting on a liberal, democrat or gun control forum. I"m sure you don't understand a thing I said.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm about as far away from Alaska as you can get, but I sure enjoyed reading all the race updates, thanks guy's. Why does the CF always seem to have a couple of idiots in every thread?

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
An individual from another country can win????....And why?????.....

Because.......Hold on azzhole.....because it is world wide.....

https://www.sleddogcentral.com/racelinks.htm

Check this one out....Pretty cool eh......

https://czechlongtrail.com/

Last edited by battue; 03/18/20.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Who have you compared being in shape to Jessie? Where did you get that information from?

dude i have worked outside all my life doing bull work and a pole climber for the electric company " called a lineman" in all weather conditions in Northern Minnesota 35 years ,i seen what he looks like he is a very hard worker ,don`t get on my case . TRY TO BE MORE POSITIVE.

>NOW back to this great world class sled dog race ,i bet every dog would go again tomorrow if you put them back in front of sled. what a great dog sled race this is and has been to watch again i thank all of ALASKA !

Last edited by pete53; 03/18/20.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
WDH,
Every single person posting in this thread enjoys following the race, except you. So just go away. Regardless of what you may think if me, I could really care less Youre about as Alaskan as Paris Hilton.

I use dogs to save on fuel. You need to get out. Take a break from REI. While others are using machines, I'm turning people food waste, butcher's fat and meat scraps, fish and beaver carcasses into thousands of miles of travel. Native schools all over alaska are tring to introduce children back to mushing.

In kotz, I only fed sheefish, old seal oil and whale fat into fuel for caribou hunting by dog team. Dry kibble was too much money.

Oh you care. Enough so to edit the post and add to it. Anyways that’s cool you play with dogs and pretend it’s a livelihood and such. But it has nothing to do with the Iditarod and the fact is interest has faded in such a large number that the race is going away. You can blame PETA all you want. The sponsors dropping out realize their ROI isn’t there anymore. That is why they are done with it. The cruelty to dogs sounds like a good reason but isn’t it.

Caribou hunting by dog sled team sounds interesting. Did you get upset when the locals buzz by ya with their iron dogs?

Last edited by WDH; 03/18/20. Reason: Spelling
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Mille just pulled rookie of the year, and rightfully so. Amazing performance.

Schandelmeir scratched. I'm not surprised. As much as he and zoya love self-promoting and calling out people, they are the most non-performing kennel in alaska. He attempted twice, scratched twice. Zoya ran 8 races, scratched 6 times. They must have WDH as a dog handler.

Hopefully, Lance makes it to Nome in good shape. He is the life of the party. Many of the mushers and fans will love to cheer him under the burled arch.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

WDH, i started this post for positive replies ,i have lived with dogs in the family all my life ,i even have had a black lab save my life from a very nasty angus bull ,my lab got hurt but lived and a spankin for going into that bull pen.dogs were put on this earth by our dear lord for our use like sled dogs,family enjoyment, hunting,even protection. >so should police and our soldiers use dogs for their protection even if many dogs die in that line of work ?

Last edited by pete53; 03/18/20.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Topic shift is coincidental — did nobody complain about lack of snow this year smile ?

And here comes the hate for desert guy ...

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey W.orthless D.ick Head. What the fk do you do in Alaska besides shopping at REI?

Yep, living with what Alaska has to offer is my way of life.

I'm not play, im all work. From building by hand river boats, to owning my land, to splitting by hand and heating solely with fire wood all winter, to hauling water, to [bleep] in an outhouse, to training dogs by fat tire bike rather than atv, its my choice, my freedom to reduce my reliance on expensive fuels and machines. A team of freight dogs keeps me connected to my roots, which goes back many generations of my bloodline.

The Iditarod will grow in popularity beyond your belief. It is here to stay.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Mille just pulled rookie of the year, and rightfully so. Amazing performance.

Schandelmeir scratched. I'm not surprised. As much as he and zoya love self-promoting and calling out people, they are the most non-performing kennel in alaska. He attempted twice, scratched twice. Zoya ran 8 races, scratched 6 times. They must have WDH as a dog handler.

Hopefully, Lance makes it to Nome in good shape. He is the life of the party. Many of the mushers and fans will love to cheer him under the burled arch.

I saw that! Pretty impressive. I noticed she is down to 6 dogs and holding 15th.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Hey W.orthless D.ick Head. What the fk do you do in Alaska besides shopping at REI?

I'm not play, im all work. From building by hand river boats, to owning my land, to splitting by hand and heating solely with fire wood all winter, to hauling water, to [bleep] in an outhouse, to training dogs by fat tire bike rather than atv, its my choice, my freedom to reduce my reliance on expensive fuels and machines. A team of freight dogs keeps me connected to my roots, which goes back many generations of my bloodline.

I hope you wash your hands after using your outhouse before you pat yourself on the back.

Laughing that you look down on other mushers because they use an Atv for training. That’s funny chit! You should pick up a bow so you can look down at rifle hunters too.

Fat bike? Did it come with a Bernie sanders sticker? You for sure shop at REI and natural pantry if you have a fat bike.

The Iditarod isn’t growing like you wish it was. It’s not full of natives carrying on traditions like you wish it was. It will not be around in 10 years like you wish it would be.

That’s cool you [bleep] in an outhouse and have to haul your own water. I’m surprised in your desire to live so stupid you are willing enough to have internet. I get it though, those long lonely nights you need access to fulfill your needs. I bet you make sure to sell enough wood to buy a subscription to the hub to make wood. Don’t be shy. It’s ok. I bet there’s some dog mushing porn on there for ya too.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by WDH

I hope you wash your hands after using your outhouse before you pat yourself on the back.

Laughing that you look down on other mushers because they use an Atv for training. That’s funny chit! You should pick up a bow so you can look down at rifle hunters too.

Fat bike? Did it come with a Bernie sanders sticker? You for sure shop at REI and natural pantry if you have a fat bike.

The Iditarod isn’t growing like you wish it was. It’s not full of natives carrying on traditions like you wish it was. It will not be around in 10 years like you wish it would be.

That’s cool you [bleep] in an outhouse and have to haul your own water. I’m surprised in your desire to live so stupid you are willing enough to have internet. I get it though, those long lonely nights you need access to fulfill your needs. I bet you make sure to sell enough wood to buy a subscription to the hub to make wood. Don’t be shy. It’s ok. I bet there’s some dog mushing porn on there for ya too.

Dude, get the message. Bounce!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nope, I don't look down on anybody using an atv for training dogs.

Bought fat tire bike used from a village. It's a great way to get around. I enjoy it.

Mobile data on a phone isn't too surprising. What is it of your business what anyone spends on?

Regarding all that other sick and creepy stuff you've conjured..... Disgusting to say the least. There are elderly folks who frequent these forums. Real respectful dude.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Nope, I don't look down on anybody using an atv for training dogs.

Bought fat tire bike used from a village. It's a great way to get around. I enjoy it.

Mobile data on a phone isn't too surprising. What is it of your business what anyone spends on?

Regarding all that other sick and creepy stuff you've conjured..... Disgusting to say the least. There are elderly folks who frequent these forums. Real respectful dude.

HHahaha don’t look down on anyone that uses an atv? You specifically pointed out how you using a fat bike was above them using an atv.

I bet you bought that blow up doll used too. So it makes it right because you bought it used? Ok gotcha!

You have a phone? That goes against your rustic lifestyle you’re trying to portray here! I’m surprised you don’t have a rotary phone and talk chit about people with cell phones.

So you’re a guy that doesn’t look at porn? There’s a first for everything I guess. So you’re ok with beating dogs but not your meat? I’m beginning to get a picture of what you do with those dogs you sick son of a b****

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Future book title:

ROVER BENT OVER
A lifetime of dog “mushing”
By Mainer in AK

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Fellas.....

Wadda
Dick
Head
Is only here to be an ass hole and to troll. Don't take the bait. She live for the responses. Don't feed her.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Fellas.....

Wadda
Dick
Head
Is only here to be an ass hole and to troll. Don't take the bait. She live for the responses. Don't feed her.

I’m actually here for all the hunting pics you guys post....oh wait.

There’s a porno on the hub called ironbender. Is that where you got your username?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I did seem like an inordinate amount of teams scratched this year, too bad. Must feel pretty amazing cruising through Nome just knowing what you just went through and proud of your dogs.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I did seem like an inordinate amount of teams scratched this year, too bad. Must feel pretty amazing cruising through Nome just knowing what you just went through and proud of your dogs.

They get a lot of scratches after the winner crosses the line and more are coming I am sure... just rare that so many scratched so early...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dee Dee just reported on TV that at least 3 teams scratched because of Bordetella.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Here is more information about peta!
https://petakillsanimals.com/proof-peta-kills/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dee Dee just reported on TV that at least 3 teams scratched because of Bordetella.

Kennel cough can wipe out a lot of dogs!!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hey WDH, how about a little music for the occasion....Music sometimes helps when one is on a downer, and we hate to see you in a funk while the rest of us are having fun.....We really do care, so sit back, relax, and let your happy feet lead you on....

Last edited by battue; 03/19/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WDH
Fellas.....

Wadda
Dick
Head

There’s a porno on the hub called ironbender. Is that where you got your username?
Here for the pics because you don't hunt, that makes a lot of sense, dumbazz.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by battue
Hey WDH, how about a little music for the occasion....Music sometimes helps when one is on a downer, and we hate to see you in a funk while the rest of us are having fun.....We really do care, so sit back, relax, and let your happy feet lead you on....

>>lets watch this video again those sled dogs and the mushers look like they are all enjoying themselves ! thanks for posting a positive song !Pete53

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
No dog in the race or pulling a sled. WDH has trolled the entire thread, he didn't do it for fun he is being paid for it and it don't take a genius to figure it was a PETA attack on the Iditarod. Bad PR ,anger,and maximum negative output are the only things they know. They have done the same on hunting all over the country and elsewhere . They need to be brought to justice for their Eco terrorism. Long live the iditarod.Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by WDH
Fellas.....

Wadda
Dick
Head

Here for the pics because you don't hunt, that makes a lot of sense, dumbazz.

You must of missed my thread where I posted my sheep moose deer etc

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
No dog in the race or pulling a sled. WDH has trolled the entire thread, he didn't do it for fun he is being paid for it and it don't take a genius to figure it was a PETA attack on the Iditarod. Bad PR ,anger,and maximum negative output are the only things they know. They have done the same on hunting all over the country and elsewhere . They need to be brought to justice for their Eco terrorism. Long live the iditarod.Mb

I bet you have a tinfoil hat.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WDH

In case you missed this....

Last edited by battue; 03/19/20.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Perhaps you would like something more serious....
Damn what a great pick, eh?.....enjoy....

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by WDH

In case you missed this....

That’s pretty cheesy but I like it. Thanks for sharing!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Glad to, good chance I’ll be posting it again....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two more scratched today, so 19 so far. If Kennel Cough is the cause that is really bad news.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Kennel cough, beating dogs, dogs dying. 3 reasons to end the Iditarod!!!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WDH

Are you retarded or were you born that way?

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Originally Posted by WDH

That’s the best you got newb? Maybe when you’ve been here awhile I’ll acknowledge you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haha, newb. If you are ever relevant on this site I know its really gone downhill. What happened in mid '05 to late '08? You get locked up?

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Topic shift is coincidental — did nobody complain about lack of snow this year smile ?

And here comes the hate for desert guy ...

Its cool to see a guy from out of state interested in the race. I've heard its the opposite. That there is alot of snow on the trail. Thats second hand info though. I live a couple hundred miles south.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Petite scratched because of weather and trail conditions in blizzard/near blizzard conditions. Used a beacon to call S&R.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Over 1/3 scratch rate is the highest I can recall...

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Haha, newb. If you are ever relevant on this site I know its really gone downhill. What happened in mid '05 to late '08? You get locked up?

You must have a lot of time on your hands if you’re going through my posts. 200 out of the nearly 300 are just busting Sitkaqueer.

I was insane busy during those years if you must know. This site is always the last one to visit. I like hunting forums and this one is mostly guys rubbing one off on see bullets and rifles. That’s cool if it’s your thing but I just own two rifles and use factory loads. OMG!!!!! The truth has came out after all these years!!!!

Just for the record I don’t care about the Iditarod or dog mushing. But to keep in the spirit of the thread it’s now time to get rid of the race. It costs the state money to hold and doesn’t bring in any money. With the price of oil and this virus it’s going to speed up the inevitable, the dog race will end. All great things must come to an end. The time is now.

Save rover from being beat. Stop the Iditarod...

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
WDH , WOULD YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION I ASKED : SOLDIERS AND POLICE USE DOGS IN THEIR LINE OF WORK AND SOMETIMES IT GETS VERY DANGEROUS AND SOME DOGS GET KILLED OR CRIPPLED > IS THIS WRONG TOO ??

Last edited by pete53; 03/20/20.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Oh come on dude. You don't care but you want it banned... LIAR. Sounds like something Obama would say.

For that matter, I don't recall seeing many pictures of rifles or bullets...

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by pete53
WDH , WOULD YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION I ASKED : SOLDIERS AND POLICE USE DOGS IN THEIR LINE OF WORK AND SOMETIMES IT GETS VERY DANGEROUS AND SOME DOGS GET KILLED OR CRIPPLED > IS THIS WRONG TOO ??

Woah calm your t*ts! I didn’t see your question the first time. I rarely read the posts here. But to answer your question they are using the dogs for public service/good so I’m fine with that. They are not using them for a race to win money or fame. Hope that answers your question. Not sure why you care so much about someone’s opinion on the internet.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH

That’s the best you got newb? Maybe when you’ve been here awhile I’ll acknowledge you.

You are something else... only here to engage and enrage.... certainty you are not going to convince anyone here to your way of thinking.. why dont you go away and find a place to commiserate with other like minded douche bags...
You say you are Alaskan, doubtful you have ever been here, probably couldn't find Nome on map... you are a phony....

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH

You are something else... only here to engage and enrage.... certainty you are not going to convince anyone here to your way of thinking.. why dont you go away and find a place to commiserate with other like minded douche bags...
You say you are Alaskan, doubtful you have ever been here, probably couldn't find Nome on map... you are a phony....

Hhahahahahahahbahahahaa I really care what you think.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WDH
[quote=pete53] WDH , WOULD YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION I ASKED : SOLDIERS AND POLICE USE DOGS IN THEIR LINE OF WORK AND SOMETIMES IT GETS VERY DANGEROUS AND SOME DOGS GET KILLED OR CRIPPLED > IS THIS WRONG TOO ??

Woah calm your t*ts! I didn’t see your question the first time. I rarely read the posts here. But to answer your question they are using the dogs for public service/good so I’m fine with that. They are not using them for a race to win money or fame. Hope that answers your question. Not sure why you care so much about someone’s opinion on the internet.

well then quit being a butt sniffer ,someday these fine sled dogs by staying in shape may be able to save some lives when nothing else can get there ? racing these dogs also brings money to these little communities. i care about negative opinions against people telling me and others that sled dog racing has a problem and the lies that you people tell about these mushers.as a group we stand together against peta ,snowflakes,liberals, trolls and you !

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I just hate it that labs have to work so hard.

And my poor cur has some long hours in rough country trailing wounded deer for others.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH

Just stating the facts man.. you are a poser, never been off the porch.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH

Says the guy that has never posted a hunting picture on this forum. You’re the poser. I post hunting pics on a hunting forum. You never have.. hmmmmm.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WDH sounds like steelhead just a little bitch who wants to fight like a girley girl

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH

Says the guy that has never posted a hunting picture on this forum. You’re the poser. I post hunting pics on a hunting forum. You never have.. hmmmmm.

Likely I never will either, i dont need affirmations from people i don't know. Doesnt matter, this isnt about me, its about a guy that claims he is an Alaskan and somehow thinks the Iditarod is perpetuating animal cruelty. You sir, ust want to stir the pot for no good reason. How about this, if you feel so strongly about dogs you should go volunteer on these races. In that way you could possibly prove yourself usefull.... and see with you own eyes what it really is about...doubt you evet will, me thinks you are a perpetual professional whiner.

Last edited by johnn; 03/20/20.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH

Likely I never will either, i dont need affirmations from people i don't know. Doesnt matter, this isnt about me, its about a guy that claims he is an Alaskan and somehow thinks the Iditarod is perpetuating animal cruelty. You sir, ust want to stir the pot for no good reason. How about this, if you feel so strongly about dogs you should go volunteer on these races. In that way you could possibly prove yourself usefull.... and see with you own eyes what it really is about...doubt you evet will, me thinks you are a perpetual professional whiner.

While I’ve lived in AK for over a decade will you please show me where I’ve ever claimed to be Alaskan? Thanks. And for the rest of your jibberish, well I guess alcohol??

The mushers can’t even finish the race. 20 of them scratched. What a bunch of sissies! And furthermore 3 teams had to be rescued by helicopter! That’s a great use of emergency services. Way to risk people’s lives (and dogs) over a stupid race!

End the Iditarod!!!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by WDH
[quote=WDH]Kennel cough, beating dogs, dogs dying. 3 reasons to end the Iditarod!!!

While I’ve lived in AK for over a decade will you please show me where I’ve ever claimed to be Alaskan?
[/quote
Pretty much says it all right there,

Glad I could get under you skin.

Not every retard can read, but look at you go, little buddy! You hang in there cupcake, you crayon eating posie sniffer......make yourself useful and go pick up dog chit in the park

Last edited by johnn; 03/20/20.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Oh wow! What a burn!!!🙄🙄🙄🙄

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SO Richie did have to scratch due to kennel cough... very bad thing...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And they are up to 23 scratched of 57 teams...

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
And they are up to 23 scratched of 57 teams...

the Iditarod CEO should have stayed with 16 dogs for the race instead of going down to 14 dogs per musher.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Don’t worry pretty soon it will be zero!

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I like how there are still rookies on the trail refusing to scratch.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WDH
Don’t worry pretty soon it will be zero!

LADY MAYBE NOT ,MIGHT BE 18 DOGS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
https://iditarod.com/race/2020/standings/

Just one team left on the trail, but on the final 22 mile run into Nome. Four scratched in White Mountain... I do not believe they have ever had this many scratch...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 224th, 54 invisible), 2,087 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,567
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.