Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by victoro
I heard from a very good source that Texas is considering totally doing away with the vehicle inspection system in Texas.

They have been crowing since 2017, but nothing has happened. Probably won't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Jeff, a buddy in California told me that he deleted and chipped his Cummins diesel, got in a wreck that was his fault and his insurance company wouldn’t cover him in the accident as he was driving an “Illegal Vehicle “.

Attached Images
BS meter.gif (2.75 KB, 359 downloads)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It would be different if the fugging systems you paid through the nose for ..........actually fugging worked reliably!

Limp mode seems to be the new normal.

THIS!

All of the refinery modifications done to produce clean burning diesel and then throw all of the bull scchitt on top of the engines to make them virtually non functional from their intended purpose.

I'd love to know how much better our motors would run, how much better mileage they would get, and how much less expensive they would be without alla that govt mandated BS!

Bet we'd be shocked.

My SIL has a late model Ford diesel pickup that he likes but the MPG is terrible and my 2005 Dodge diesel (with just a programmer) will run circles around his old Ford and pulls better. He looked at the new Ford diesels but the prices scared him away. He had the delete done and now he loves his Ford truck. The delete gave him a huge performance boost and the MPG increased dramatically. He hasn't checked the MPG by hand yet but the computer shows 24 mpg driving 80-85 on toll road 130 and he's getting many more miles between fill ups.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We got into a pull over for red diesel on the way to Alaska last spring. Couldn't avoid it. They were going to dip the tank and asked if I used any additives. In case something showed up.

I said yes, motor oil or 2 stroke oil added each tank. They got wild looks in their eyes and asked why.

I said because .gov screwed up the fuel so bad that my 7.3 will burn up if I don't ad lube to the fuel. The old motor was not made for this new stupid stuff. Plus my mileage drops so much that I have to burn even more of it to get the same distance so I ad more emissions if I don't ad the oil.

They looked at me, talked some and said that sounds like you've thought it through and have the best solution at hand. I said yes, especially since I can't afford a new 75K truck either.

They dipped, their kit said fine, we rolled on. I'm thinking Montana possibly but I sure don't recall for sure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
rost,

how much oil do you add?

What ratio?

Do you think it would help or hurt a 2016 6.7l with 80,000 miles?

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Jeff, a buddy in California told me that he deleted and chipped his Cummins diesel, got in a wreck that was his fault and his insurance company wouldn’t cover him in the accident as he was driving an “Illegal Vehicle “.

you say.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jeffbird
rost,

how much oil do you add?

What ratio?

Do you think it would help or hurt a 2016 6.7l with 80,000 miles?

I’m just over 160K in an ‘11 6.7L Ford and the only thing I’ve ever added to the fuel is FPPF Total Power in the winter as an Anti-Gel and lubricity additive when running blend or straight #1.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I just add Power Service Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost to my tank. 6.0 Power Stroke.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
ATF is the best diesel additive. I add a gallon to a hundred gallons of fuel. I’m running a 2002 Cummins N14 in a VNL64.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well, getting rid of sulfur in the fuel wasn't all bad.

Yes, lubricity suffered.......but corrosion on bearings and such didn't.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’ve never been stopped to have mine checked. I don’t have access to off-road diesel. I assume that’s what they were checking for???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of the "illegal" changes to diesel vehicles in the USA increase the performance, improve the emission numbers and increase the MPG.

thats what i got out of my F350 1to 2 miles per liter

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by norm99
Most of the "illegal" changes to diesel vehicles in the USA increase the performance, improve the emission numbers and increase the MPG.

thats what i got out of my F350 1to 2 miles per liter

norm

Not too hard to tell who has a chip when they hit the throttle.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve never been stopped to have mine checked. I don’t have access to off-road diesel. I assume that’s what they were checking for???

No. Changes to the emissions systems.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Dunno about the new ones. Mine is 2001 7.3

1 ounce of oil per gallon of gas. I don't get to wild about it being exact.
2 stroke oil tested better in tests years ago. But generally I just toss in a quart of cheapest motor oil simply to save the o rings and such. I'm not so worried about mileage as the truck really sits mostly, and then pulls a boat or trailer now and again. Or if driven usually not many miles a day for a few months.

I"d google the ford power stroke forums and see what a search there says about something as new as yours. I'd guess yours is built to take the new crap fuel. And possibly that adding oil could foul out some sensors or make it do weird things. .gov control bullshit and all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
They came to the sale barn years ago and started dipping tanks looking for farm diesel. Started lining guys up and writing tickets. I heard the fine was $1 per mile on the odometer if caught but that sounds crazy. I do know that there were a bunch of pickups that stayed parked up there until they were towed so maybe they just forfeited them in lieu of paying a ridiculous fine. Been years ago before diesel emissions ever existed but it was quite the buzz around town at the time.

I have seen so many instances of new diesels laying down or requiring insane amounts of repair due to emissions, coupled with the fact that I don’t drag a backhoe around for a living means I’ll never own one. The old timey gasoline big block is on its way back in the pickup market and for good reason.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Heaven forbid someone actually OWN their personal property...

People don't even know what freedom is anymore.

One chip at a time.

Nobody has owned anything of real value in a long time. Quit paying th he annual "rent" on your place to the county and see what I mean.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco

Yes, checking on non taxed fuel

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
About once a summer during harvest Washington DOT shows up in town and starts pulling over grain trucks and farm pickups. They get a couple every summer. DOT says that if you ever put red diesel in even though you may burn a lot of fuel their test will still pick it up. I know a friend of mine got hit last summer for having red fuel and he told them he had done it the summer before and he put a couple of gallons in to get him to town. Cost him $500.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The revenuer man thinks up new schit all the time.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (257 mag, 35, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,509 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,147
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.