Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Heads up to anyone buying their gear. Their returns are well less than desirable. They have received the pack I sent back five days ago. No refund and no confirmation they even received it. So I called today. Returns take 10 days to process! Funny they can process your payment instantly but refunding takes 10 days.

I can't say anything negative about their products. The pack just did not fit me. But come on 10 days to process a return really?

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've met the Hills, and always been impressed by them and their products. Ten days doesn't bother me, if I want to return something I've probably already had it for longer than 10 days just making up my mind.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I had it a few days (weekend). I think ten days is excessive. If you can take payment instantly you can refund it instantly. I never spoke a single bad word of Hill People Gear, or their products. I made that clear in my Post! But I will point out a bad return practice. Maybe you are ok with that, but I believe it is a bad choice and practice. It is super simple to credit the card that was used. No place I have ever returned a single item took even three days!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I also wouldn't be concerned about a 10 day return process.

They might be able to speed it up if you had the money earmarked for something.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by cwh2
I also wouldn't be concerned about a 10 day return process.

They might be able to speed it up if you had the money earmarked for something.

It isn't about the money being earmarked, It is principle.

That is great you don't care they take a ridiculous amount of time to refund you. Some may and I am just letting people know my experience. If it doesn't bother you that is great.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I bought the replacement pack right away from another company. No big deal. But ten days is not acceptable in my eyes. Twenty years ago maybe.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK. Got it.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't buy from Brownells either then cause their policy is 10 working days.

That's pretty much the standard.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have much less patience with a company the size of Brownells. Cash flow is what we're talking about and with small companies like HPG it's almost always an issue. Brownells not so much.

I work for a small company that's still much larger than HPG. Sometimes, making payroll requires some tough decisions on cash out the door.

What's it worth to you guys to support a company that's made-in-the-USA by "one of us?"

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Let me add a bit of a small medium business perspective .. not sure what we classify as but we have 30 some employees. In our case, our return policy may be worse, I will have to check but I think we have 30 days. That being said, we try to be expeditious .. however that being said sometimes it gets more convoluted, maybe it requires some internal communication, or a documentation of why . I know sometimes with us , not specifically returns, but sometimes just in general things can get hung up in the process and internal communication. Also, I know all businesses are different, but we really try to over deliver and frankly set expectations low and then over deliver on them. However, everyone is different.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Kevin, that makes a lot of sense. I guess in small companies, the "returns department" may also be the "Accounting department" the "HR department" and the "shipping department" so a few days might be needed to get around to it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
So cash in you can do instantly but cash out you can't due to the size of the company? Complete BS! You all can accept that if you want to but that is pure sh_t business practice. I deal with small and very small businesses everyday for work. I have zero issues being credited back instantly. A few that I have a very long history with refund the money before they ever even receive the parts back. Anyways as far as I am concerned it is just a bad business choice. Get me once but you won't get me twice!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hey I'm not sticking up for them .. but the payment end is usually pretty automatic however returning payment requires some manual stuff and possibly some inter company communication. Usually it requires a visual inspection to make sure no one is trying to pull a fast one. Likely there are only one or two people with access to do that as well.

I'll give you an example with my own company. I can't even return payment to you .. I'd be lost . Yes I know most of what we do in materials, designs, or the big things on our web site and sometimes I am the only person that can do certain things .. but I can't give money back to someone without some training . I have almost nothing to do with the money flow and how to on it. Yes, I set it up about 10 years ago but that has long since been handed over to others. I have done almost every task at seek outside at some point , but I don't do most of those tasks anymore, instead I have grown more into managing the overall structure. I don't even know how to run our phone system (hopefully I don't get [bleep] canned after admitting all this :))

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
So cash in you can do instantly but cash out you can't due to the size of the company? Complete BS! You all can accept that if you want to .....!

Well gee, thanks!!

Like I said, it's worth it to me to support made-in-the-USA by "one of us."

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I wasn't pointing fingers at you Kevin. First off in a company that small everyone should be cross trained to do everyone else job. But that is a whole different topic. I can see a few days on refund by hell no not ten days and that is business days. Sorry but there is no excuse for that period.

I guess we all have our own standards of what we will accept. I didn't come on here badmouthing anyone. I just simple gave a heads up, that I wish I had been given that's all.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
So cash in you can do instantly but cash out you can't due to the size of the company? Complete BS! You all can accept that if you want to .....!

Well gee, thanks!!

Like I said, it's worth it to me to support made-in-the-USA by "one of us."

I rather support well made and great service than a particular place an item was made.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, me too. And to clarify, when I said "one of us" I wasn't talking about nationality.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
First world problem, chill out. Good people making good year. You got to try out their product for free and they are taking it back w/out question. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I’ve found 10 day to two weeks pretty standard when returning items with exceptions such Amazon.
Often times even a local return takes several days for the refund to show up in the account when the purchase was debited instantly.
Then there is the refund policy of the State of Montana. A refund can’t even be processed without a W9.
Everyone get to choose from who they buy.

Ed T

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by lvmiker
First world problem, chill out. Good people making good year. You got to try out their product for free and they are taking it back w/out question. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

mike r

It isn't a problem it is an annoyance. I don't sweat anything. No where did I say they were not a good company. Reading isn't your strong suit!

Ed T that is funny I live in MT and return stuff all the time. I have yet to ever have to wait for a refund. Never once dealt with a W9.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 35 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.