Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We get softer and more timid every generation-CL expresses the modern “I’m not safe OMG what is wrong with the world” attitude of our softer more progressive younger generation. I’m sure his grandfather would laugh at his panic & worry.

Thankfully between the cowardly (excuse me I mean cautious) group that are unsure of our medical system or financial well being and the group pissed off by the Colorado money grab I’m hoping to draw deer tags 2 years in a row.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Submitted my applications to MT earlier this week.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
With the Montana draw nearing it's dead line... FW&P reports as of 3/25/20.... Non Resident Big Game combo license sales down 41 percent , Deer combo license down 35 percent , Elk combo license down 37 percent.

Hang on tight !
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by leemar28
With the Montana draw nearing it's dead line... FW&P reports as of 3/25/20.... Non Resident Big Game combo license sales down 41 percent , Deer combo license down 35 percent , Elk combo license down 37 percent.

Interesting, couldn't find on FWP website. Can you link a source?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes - Wyoming antelope.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I am 62 years old. I will hunt this year in my normal hunting locations. Yes they are out of state for me. I will drive, not fly. I will use common sense and take precautions and follow all recommendations. Social distancing, gloves at the gas pump etc. I have N-95 mask's if needed. But I will not stop Hunting.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Timber runner., That info was sent to the outfitter I guide for by FWP. No link.

Hang on tight !
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Well shiit, looks like I just wasted $50 for a preference point yesterday. Spent $1219.06 with mfwp yesterday

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Im going to apply for everything I can hoping people are scared to apply and I draw something good (-:

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Tico
Im going to apply for everything I can hoping people are scared to apply and I draw something good (-:

That’s what I’m hoping too. 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Timber runner., That info was sent to the outfitter I guide for by FWP. No link.

OK. Thanks.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I totally get the sentiment that people are soft and stupid for panicking over this. However, there's also a rational side to it. A lot of people are struggling to make ends meet right now, and they'd probably be bad fathers/ husbands/ dads if hunting applications didn't get replaced at the top of their list by other things. Truly, good on them for keeping priorities straight.

That and it helps the odds for guys like me who have nobody who cares about them and spend money on outdoor equipment like Pittman-Robertson is their patron saint.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Gents and Ladies,

Heck, in February I was at the Western Hunt Expo and people were saying that this virus was a hoax or that the virus won't spread beyond the 15 or so cases in the U.S. that were under quarantine at the time.

As of Friday evening, the US has at least 100,013 known cases (highest of all the countries in the world- second only, if we believe that they are under-reporting to China) of coronavirus and 1,545 U.S. people (mothers, fathers, grandparents, even a few younger siblings) have died. We're only in March- Again, recall that in early February, we supposedly only had 15 cases and no deaths.

I know that for some of you it's, "not in my backyard, so FU", but I want to point out that the U.S. is all of our backyards, our country, our community. AND if it hasn't reached you yet, great, but it's deeply affecting our community and many others across the U.S.

Stay calm, follow CDC and WHO guidelines and your local Governor and County Health Officer. Help your fellow neighbor.

Best wishes.
CL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I put in for all kinds of hunts this draw.
Some or most, unrealistic odds, but someone has to draw !

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Gents and Ladies,

Heck, in February I was at the Western Hunt Expo and people were saying that this virus was a hoax or that the virus won't spread beyond the 15 or so cases in the U.S. that were under quarantine at the time.

As of Friday evening, the US has at least 100,013 known cases (highest of all the countries in the world- second only, if we believe that they are under-reporting to China) of coronavirus and 1,545 U.S. people (mothers, fathers, grandparents, even a few younger siblings) have died. We're only in March- Again, recall that in early February, we supposedly only had 15 cases and no deaths.

I know that for some of you it's, "not in my backyard, so FU", but I want to point out that the U.S. is all of our backyards, our country, our community. AND if it hasn't reached you yet, great, but it's deeply affecting our community and many others across the U.S.

Stay calm, follow CDC and WHO guidelines and your local Governor and County Health Officer. Help your fellow neighbor.

Best wishes.
CL

Dude....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by OXN939
I totally get the sentiment that people are soft and stupid for panicking over this. However, there's also a rational side to it. A lot of people are struggling to make ends meet right now, and they'd probably be bad fathers/ husbands/ dads if hunting applications didn't get replaced at the top of their list by other things. Truly, good on them for keeping priorities straight.

That and it helps the odds for guys like me who have nobody who cares about them and spend money on outdoor equipment like Pittman-Robertson is their patron saint.

Did you not get the memo that no rationale posts are allowed in regards to COVID-19...I can resend the memo

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TomM1
Originally Posted by OXN939

Did you not get the memo that no rationale posts are allowed in regards to COVID-19...I can resend the memo

True!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yes...looking forward to it...and I`m over 50.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
There is some serious stupidity and ignorance in this thread.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Just an update from Huntinfool:
Originally Posted by Huntinfool
The Big Game Commercial Services Board as well as the Alaska Board of Game have had preliminary meetings to disucss the possibility of the spring brown bear/black bear non-resident season being cancelled by emergency order from the Dept of Fish & Game. The Alaska Professional Hunter's Assoc has been in discussion as well to respond to options to extend the hunting permits to the 2021 spring season, push permits back to fall season, and other possibilities. Stay tuned for more information.

Also, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission is suspending the sale of nonresident spring turkey hunting permits in a proactive effort to prevent the potential for the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

Other states are likely to follow as the 'shelter in place' order keeps getting extended. My plans for AK are trashed, so I will only hunt in-state at this point.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,115 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,728
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.