Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I laughed so much, tears were rolling down my face. Toilet paper and antiseptic wipe shortages are being seen. People are hording baby butt wipes when they cannot get Lysol Wipes. crazy

There is an easier and cheaper way to help protect yourself and your family.

WRT disinfectants, from my military days - disinfecting contaminated items (including humans) - ethyl or Isopropyl work great. They are used in hospitals, but must be used in close to full concentrations. In excess of 60%, but almost pure is best. Like any disinfectant

But...since most people cannot or will not buy several gallons of alcohol due to the cost or availability, here's a time proven method of keeping most bacteria and germs away - bleach.

Clean with soap or detergent first, then clean again with disinfectant. This works for your hands too, but does tend to dry out the skin.

Disinfectant

Use a 1/3 of a cup of bleach per 1 gallon of water. For spray bottles or smaller amounts, use two tablespoons of bleach to a quart of water.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes Steve, too easy.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m just amazed that

A. People have to be told to wash their hands.
B. They actually have to be taught how.

Then there are the clowns who take a piss in a public washroom, go to the sink and turn on the water with one hand, rinse the two fingers they used to hold their dick and call it good. Though they are more evolved than the ones who wipe their ass after a crap and head straight for the door.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The older people get, the more they will discover that nothing changes in government.

SARS, Spanish Flu, Swine Flu, and the rest of the flus. Wash your hands. Cover your mouth. Avoid crowds. Don't pick your nose. Sneeze into your sleeve. That last one got big in Canada when SARS hit.

I would like to slap every doctor/politician who said,

"The flu emanates from China. Their govt has reacted quickly to contain it.There is no danger here."
"The Cdn govt has taken the necessary steps. I would remind everyone that we learned the correct protocols from previous flu strains and diseases."
"Yes, the number of cases is rising, but it's unlikely to have much impact because we are prepared."
"We're asking suspected cases to self-isolate."
It's not a pandemic."
"It might be a pandemic."
"It's now a pandemic."
"Several countries are seeing large increases, including fatalities."
"Events should be cancelled."
"There's no need to panic. Yes, there are more cases than we anticipated but..."
"Where is the toilet paper and antiseptic wipes?"
"Oh schitt..."

By attempting to keep the sheep calm, some herds are being severely affected. Besides China, Italy, Japan, Korea, Iran, more.

As of 2019 hrs GMT today, 12 Mar 2020, there are 114 countries with COVID-19. 118,326 cases confirmed worldwide, and 4292 deaths.

UPDATE: Just for schitts and giggles, I checked the stats just now. 37 minutes after I got the above information, at 2057 hrs GMT the stats have changed to 118 countries with COVID-19, 125,028 cases confirmed. 4613 dead.

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.

https://www.kff.org/global-health-policy/fact-sheet/coronavirus-tracker/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
According to Worldometers, as of 21:53 GMT, 5 Apr 20, worldwide, there are

Coronavirus Cases - 1,268,460
Deaths - 69,320

Canada

Coronavirus Cases - 15,425
Deaths - 277

US

Coronavirus Cases - 333,426
Deaths - 9,543

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
One nice effort around here (Central Tx.) is we have a lot of distilleries and they are saving the first and last distillate for hand sanitizer. Comes out about 150 proof and smells pretty good too. The distilleries are giving buckets of this to the para-medics and first res ponders, then to restaurants and then to the public.

Some good things are happening during these difficult times. Be safe.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tejano - Are your restaurants still operating?

Jim

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And you think you can find bleach on the shelves?

Thankfully we keep a handful of bottles of alcohol. Antiseptic. Bleach. Anti bacterial soap refills and the like. But its gonna need restocking here in a few months...

Tejano, one distillery in Smithville is selling it from what I've heard. 4 ounces hand sanitizer for 7.50. I think thats high but what do I know, we bought a stash IE 6 bottles or so years ago and I don't recall the cost. Should have a couple or at least one gallon of refill somewhere too in a closet...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Tejano - Are your restaurants still operating?

Jim

The ones that are are take out curb service only or drive through. They are doing a good job of maintaining precautions. I am not sure what is more of a risk, going to a grocery store or getting take out. No known incidences of food born Covid-19 but the packaging is suspect. Things that can get micro waved are.

Originally Posted by rost495

Tejano, one distillery in Smithville is selling it from what I've heard. 4 ounces hand sanitizer for 7.50. ...

The ones I have encountered: Ben Milam-Green and Andulasia are all free as long as supplies hold up.

One thing this pandemic has been a boon to purveyors of spirits. Last week got a gallon of craft beer for $10.00 delivered curbside.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tejano - curiosity got the better of me because I know most restaurants are close now except for take out. Your first comment sort of left it up in the air as to how they were operating.
Jim

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
This morning I heard in Round Rock at a school, that was providing to go meals for the kids, that one of the providers has tested positive. Just almost had to happen sooner or later.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It looks like there is a slight reduction in new cases in many areas, the plateau may be in sight I hope. I fear that a large percentage of the medical professional, care givers and service providers will make up a disproportionate percentage of the new cases. This is aggravated by shortages of supplies and Personal Protective Gear.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
118 members (338reddog, 10Glocks, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,464 guests, and 741 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.