Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I got an automated phone message that my daughters school has a half day tomorrow and will be closed for a week for cleaning and disinfecting.(subject to further closing. Kids will do class work from home.)
This is in Westchester County N.Y. Anyone else getting shutdowns and cleanings? Things are getting wild here,sports teams shutting down,gatherings of more than 500 canceled.people are starting to panic.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I saw a friend tonight that is an IT guy for the local school system.... school is discussing going to online learning only.... he said that they can just put a dumpster up and tell the kids to throw all the school provided Chrome books into it when ever they do come back. He figure half would be broken and he isn't going to handle them all to sort them out....

Please don't feed the trolls!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
To slow things down, they need to close the schools.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
DoD has issued a stop movement for all troops. Rough times, ahead.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My Sons Schools Here In Ga. It Out All Next Week And Will Update, After As Needed. Heard Schools In TN. Are Closed Till April 3.. Wife's a E.R. Nurse And Said It May Get Ruff..

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Schools were closed this week for spring break here in Anchorage. The district extended it for another week at a minimum. I’m guessing a month before they take another shot at it in all reality.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by superlight17b
I got an automated phone message that my daughters school has a half day tomorrow and will be closed for a week for cleaning and disinfecting.(subject to further closing. Kids will do class work from home.)
This is in Westchester County N.Y. Anyone else getting shutdowns and cleanings? Things are getting wild here,sports teams shutting down,gatherings of more than 500 canceled.people are starting to panic.

I live in PA and work in New York, Manhattan, I was told buy a doctor friend last night that New York City, Manhattan will be shutting down within a week if not sooner. I just read that mayor Deblasio has now declared New York City a state of emergency. I’ve just made the decision I will not be going to work. The last few days They were very few people commuting on the highways and far less on subways. Traffic flow in Manhattan yesterday was less than what’s on a Saturday Sunday kind of blew my mind.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hospitals are getting really full. My wife is a doc that admits patients to our rural hospital. She is sleeping on a camping mattress in her office tonight because she is still trying to find a bed for a man that needs to be transferred to a hospital that offers neurological evaluations.....

It's a really nice camping mattress but this situation is not good. Wash your hands... now is not a good time to need advanced medical care.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The schools here are shutting down for anywhere from 2-4 weeks. In addition all spring sports have been cancelled. I feel sorry for the kids that were looking forward to playing, especially the seniors. My granddaughter has been working her butt off on softball practice, and was the team's number one pitcher. She's a junior, so will get another chance, but one of the senior girls on the team was hoping for a softball scholarship and now that may be in doubt.

Of course, as I told my granddaughter, this is something that is way bigger than school and sports, and she will get another chance to play. My concern is what is going to happen if the virus is still spreading when they are scheduled to return to school, and if that's the case, I believe it's possible that schools might not reopen this school year.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They shut ours down too.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calvin
To slow things down, they need to close the schools.

This.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where are all the children going now that the schools will close?

Was listening to Lars Larsen yesterday eve. Large number of nurses have school age children. Nurses stay home from work to care for kids?

Send the children to me-maws, that’s even more vulnerable to the virus?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Little League International sent out a statement, no activities of any kind until April 6. Our opening day would have been tomorrow.

But so is youth turkey season....so we'll be in the woods!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yesterday and today were scheduled teacher work days with the kids out anyway. But on Wednesday a teacher at one of the elementary schools was diagnosed with coronavirus. They initially cancelled the teacher work days and planned to resume the normal schedule Monday. But announced yesterday that schools would be closed all of next week. I'm guessing they are taking a wait and see approach right now.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Most schools in the Indy area will be closed for 4 weeks starting Monday.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Maryland just closed schools for the next two weeks.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My son in Seattle says schools there are closed until April 24. This is going to be a real hardship on working families.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
One of those, cases where they can't do it right no matter what they do.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Lots of closures here both public and private. Most colleges are going to online classes after spring break.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Our local college is going online but there hasn't been a single case of the virus in Idaho yet. The St Pat's day parade has been cancelled and some churches are cancelling services. This is nuts. Not a single case and panic is setting in.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 56 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.