Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A friend of my daughter's works at a local store,
claims they received more than one truckload of
paper and other products in the last two days.

They are not stocking it!

The story is, "It's not needed"!

They are stocking alcohol, bleach, general cleaning things.

And some cold/flu medicine. But much of that is being held in reserve.

The medicines I get. It needs to be held. Maybe to be released by
a doctor's orders. Ration it for the sick?

How the hell do they know who is hoarding [bleep] paper and
who is actually out. And out of corncobs

I know this girl, but I can't vouch for her.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A person with cart full of toilet paper might suggest hoarding behavior. One solution would be to sell limited quantity per customer. That would slow them down a little.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
No one leaves the store with only one item. If you withhold the TP and string out the sales, the customers will visit multiple times and make multiple purchases.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm glad I picked up 96 rolls at auction yesterday. Walmart was out, Sam's club has none, and giant eagle is selling 3 packages per person, per day. And they were out of bottles water by the time I left the store. No eggs at all, and the bread isle looks like a ghost town.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just think, this is a pretty mild bug. If was serious what would it look like?

I try and keep a good stock of basics and buy in bulk. Plus keep good pile of reserves. I’m not sweating a bit. The run on to was strange but you never know.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Walmart we went to yesterday was nearly cleaned out of bread and eggs too. They had some, but not much.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
What I don't get is why the hell is everybody so worried about toilet paper ? For god sakes if you're home and you've gotta take a shyt get off the pot, jump in the shower and wash your ass. What a bunch of friggin dummies we got runnin around loose in this Country.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory
No eggs at all

Happy my wife convinced me that the boy was responsible enough to raise chickens.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
why the hell is everybody so worried about toilet paper ?

Hard for me to understand as well.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Not really all that surprising when you think about the typical reaction to a few days of bad weather forecasts. The difference now being schools and colleges are closing for probably at least three weeks and many employers limiting or closing regular in-store operations, and restocking is a big if, when and how much. Then there's the added threat of possible longer term quarantines. An average household can use up a lot of stuff when everyone is stuck at home over an extended period of time.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The Walmart we went to yesterday was nearly cleaned out of bread and eggs too. They had some, but not much.

Same here at the big chain grocery stores and Wallyworld.

Sorry fuggers even bought up all the little powder sugared donuts. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They use facial recognition at the walmart stores and track what each customer buys. Walmart, china, and google are all buddies.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 03/14/20.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
What I don't get is why the hell is everybody so worried about toilet paper ? For god sakes if you're home and you've gotta take a shyt get off the pot, jump in the shower and wash your ass. What a bunch of friggin dummies we got runnin around loose in this Country.

Jeez, you Chenango County boys don't think things through do you? If you do that you have to stand in your own poo!
Come on over to Delaware County. The snow is all melted and we'll show you how we scooch across the lawn! crazy grin

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This just in !

https://fox4kc.com/tracking-coronav...stores-across-america-close-their-doors/

“The coronavirus crisis is hurting America's retail industry, so many stores are shutting their doors or reducing their hours.

Walmart, the largest retailer in America, said Saturday that it will will modify its store hours in response to the pandemic, while other retailers plan to temporarily close stores.

Beginning Sunday, all of Walmart's more than 4,700 US stores will be open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. until further notice. The company said the shortened hours will help employees restock shelves overnight and clean stores. Thousands of Walmart stores are already operating under shortened hours.

Walmart employees will keep their regular daytime or evening shifts, the company said.

Other US grocery stores, including Publix, Giant, Stop & Shop and H-E-B have also modified their hours in recent days as the virus has spread.

Late Saturday, Urban Outfitters said it will close all of stores around the world and will not reopen them until at least March 28.

Patagonia, Glossier and Neighborhood Goods have also announced their stores will temporarily close.”

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

Jeez, you Chenango County boys don't think things through do you? If you do that you have to stand in your own poo!
Come on over to Delaware County. The snow is all melted and we'll show you how we scooch across the lawn! crazy grin
Your shower drain not working properly ? I'm a Delaware County native myself. Wiping your ass on the lawn here is a good way to get ticks in places I don't want them. Little fuggers are out in force already. Took the dog for a walk in the woods yesterday and picked three off me when we got back.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
“The coronavirus crisis is hurting America's retail industry, so many stores are shutting their doors or reducing their hours.

Not to make light of lost business for some in the retail industry, but the likes of Walmart and HEB are doing this because of the extreme demand. Reducing the hours gives them more time to manage cleaning and restocking the ransacked stores. For sure their sales aren't hurting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Not to make light of lost business for some in the retail industry, but the likes of Walmart and HEB are doing this because of the extreme demand. Reducing the hours gives them more time to manage cleaning and restocking the ransacked stores. For sure their sales aren't hurting.

No doubt. Their sales are dying BOOMING!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Stickfight
why the hell is everybody so worried about toilet paper ?

Hard for me to understand as well.

Wasn't it a "government" warning someplace other than the USA that predicted a shortage coming from China. Then the Aussies panicked even though thier's is mostly domestic made, like ours, then we copied the action....???

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Wal Mart = China

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
??? The Chinese are going to master us by controlling our toilet paper supply? How Rome fell.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,932 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.